Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:03 PM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he didn't use the ares strips... afaik they aren't out yet
Old 03-08-2004, 06:06 PM
drew703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bulbs were about $21 from www.evostyle.com they are the 7440 size bulbs. I know that price is kinda high for just one set of bulbs, but they are the correct size and wattage. So they wont overheat/burn anything in the housing.

Total cost for the work done was $150 as w1ngman said, but I paid another $10 for the hyperwhites, then about $25 for the evostyle bulbs (including shipping + tax), so about $185 all in all.

Strife, I ended up buying two sets of hyperwhites - 1 for where the visible blue running lights are, then the 2nd set went where the running light behind the amber strip went. From the side it looks hot! It's almost like a set of "mini HID's"

Thanks all for the compliments, it really looks great in person. I'd definitely recommend this job, it's fairly inexpensive and looks good

-drew
Old 03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Strife, I ended up buying two sets of hyperwhites - 1 for where the visible blue running lights are, then the 2nd set went where the running light behind the amber strip went. From the side it looks hot! It's almost like a set of "mini HID's"

-drew [/B][/QUOTE]

Where did you buy your parking lights from? Thanks
Old 03-09-2004, 03:40 AM
w1ngman

The Xenon [aka hyperwhite] parking/running lights are available at many (but not necessarily all) Wal-Mart locations. They cost ~ $4.77 for a pair. Come in a grey carded package with 3 little rivets on the packaging. Please do not confuse these with just any blue glass bulbs . These bulbs you see below are Xenon gas filled. They will give you that crisp slight-blue-tint cool white look that offers a nice match to the HIDs. Regular ol' glass blue bulbs will only result in a veeery blue light -- not something you (or the cops) would care to see.

I will add to Drew's comments about the 7440 turnsignal bulbs... The wedge on this set of bulbs that Drew ordered from evostyle.com are *not* a perfect fit. But as the wedge is actually a separate plastic piece (rather than glass), a little work with an exacto knife allowed me to scrape away some unnecessary/bothersome nibs & ridges. Once scraped flat, the bulb inserted well and offers a very pleasing result.

And my apologies to those that misinterpreted my point about Ares stripes.... I simply wanted to express that I do clearings. I don't stock/sell parts for these headlights. I knew I'd reviewed the boards to see that Ares was/is working on a replacement offering. So I'd mentioned that any thoughts for such a type of clearing should consider that my fee will be a separate expense consideration to that of ordering Ares stripes (once available). Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by w1ngman; 03-09-2004 at 03:43 AM.