Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replica = Crap ~~ ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 11:08 PM
bugz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replica = Crap ~~ ??

I hab heard a lot of people saying that Replica body kit is crap and not worth to buy, but NEVER heard someone stand out and argue that their replica kit is great. However, we know aftermarket shops are able to make a very good quality bodykit for a lot cheaper price if they want to. I really wish people who got their replica bodykit can stand out and share their experience. Plz provide us some feedback, no matter it's ur good or BAD experience. Therefore, everyone on the board can get benifit and " Answer" for this long time unsolved mystery. If you don't feel like to publish your experience w/ replice kit, plz PM me and let me know how is your kit. fitment? quality? anything...

I know brand name bodykit has good fitment and very good quality, but i do not think that everyone is able to afford that much money for few pieces of fiberglass. It's nothing about being cheap, so plz don't be rude on this. for people who got enough money to invest on "expensive", good for you. I just wonder that maybe people got some other choice. Thank you~

Last edited by bugz; 04-07-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:01 AM
joonsuh012

Thumbs up .....

i got myself replica nismo wing and came out pretty good (wing$200+$300paint and install) color matched. (they charge me more in painting because i have pearl white).....
i think it is all depends on body shop how they paint your bodykits

IMO, it doesn't matter whether you get real ones or replica ones.
check out ebay,,,,,,you can get esprit or nismo full kit for $300~$500. that is 1/4 price compare to the real ones..
Attached Thumbnails Replica = Crap ~~ ??-4.jpg  
Old 04-08-2004, 03:36 AM
JerAnth

Look up the thread "Pics of my car (Esprit) but still no Iforged", he's got a replica kit with pics.....looks good. Alot of it depends on your bodyshop....if there good they can do wonders with fiberglass.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:26 AM
350z-z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Our StyleKing replica front lip (FRP) fits like a glove!!! Here is the link for more pictures and SPECIAL price!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=69146
Attached Thumbnails Replica = Crap ~~ ??-fl_1.jpg  
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 AM
350Zforums
Banned

and the Esprit replica is our mold which i used a real Esprit kit to manufacture. I would not go ebay.. 300 body kit means the thinest cheapest kits sometimes.. we still hand lay our replicas with the best FG so you will pay more but it will last!
Old 04-08-2004, 07:43 AM
noahbuddy

I've had 2 nismo replica wings. The first one I didn't even bother to paint or install it. It was warped and had large gaps around the base and the body. The second one I got started out good. There were a few minor defects that the body shop corrected. It's been about a year now and it looks like crap. (ask anyone in the south florida z club, they'll tell ya) There are bubbles in the paint where they didn't finish it completely. There are still visible imperfections in the kit. The tips have lost the paint and are showing white. Worst of all, the fiberclass has started to ridge up.

All in all, I plan on getting the real Nismo when they are widely available.
Attached Thumbnails Replica = Crap ~~ ??-dcp_2163.jpg  
Old 04-08-2004, 11:39 AM
EL Diablo

Replica kits are hit or miss.

Some come out great while others dont.

Buyers need to know where the kit is coming from.

I'd stick with a reputable vendor Vs. Ebay for example.
Altough I am sure there are some excellent kits available.

This has been discussed here before and there are numerous threads available about it.

Some members have stated they are very happy with their kits.
I've seen a few in person and they looked great.

The one offered by Performance Nissan is a quality kit.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:12 PM
bugz

SuP Guys~~

Thank you for all the response... ^.^
I think we got the point here, everyone is sharing his experience and proof, instead just keep talking shxt~! Thank you for people who got replica kit stand out and justify their kit. Also thank you to who got bad experience sharing their opinions.

Oh ~~ by the way i think initial D bodykit on i-m-racing.com
looks awesome
Old 04-08-2004, 05:30 PM
ranger5oh

There have been a lot of guys on here with replicas that are holding up well. Look around, you'll find em.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:16 PM
nastyZ

I have to agree with a previous post.

I personally have a Esprit replica kit on my car. If I'm not mistaken, I think I was the first Z out of Japan with the kit ( March '03) .

The first kit, which was a replica straight from a genuine kit, fit like ish! However, after we modified the kit and made a new mold, the following kits fit like a glove (look at the above pic).

Same thing goes with our replica Nismo kits (fiber glass and carbon fiber), not to mention our replica Veilside V3 kits.

So my opinion, by experience, is exactly what someone else said. It's a hit or miss. It all depends on the manufacture (of the replica kits).
Old 04-08-2004, 09:43 PM
SPRacing

I really appreicate the help. At this moment im deciding on picking up a Nismo Replica made by Extreme Dimensions but have no idea how good thier work is. Do any one know about thier work?
great help thanks
Old 04-08-2004, 10:18 PM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SPRacing
I really appreicate the help. At this moment im deciding on picking up a Nismo Replica made by Extreme Dimensions but have no idea how good thier work is. Do any one know about thier work?
great help thanks
That's the supplier for 350Zforum. I currently have the sideskirts from them. I will have these installed by my shop. Will find out how well they fit.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it all dependso n the kit... the replica kit on jeffs car is junk.. .he will tell you that... but we go through them a full kit every race on our race cars so it is cheeper to make our own...

the kit we have been selling lately is very high quality thick fiberglass that has near perfect fitment...

it all depends on the quality of the manufacturing...

Old 04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
nastyZ

Another thing that might be worth mentioning is that even some ORIGINAL/AUTHENTIC kits have fitment problems. So, unfortunately, the saying "you get what you pay for" is not necessarily true when it comes down to bodykits.

The only kits I have found to have the best fitment are lip-kits (in our case: Greedy, WW, Veilside V1). When its a full bumper replacement, its rare when you a get a kit that will fit like a glove without any modification.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:11 PM
bugz

Yes~~~ so far no one is talking same subject like " replica is cheap axs or sth like u only got wut u paid for ?? "

Would anyone like to teach me how to tell the good replica from bad ones. when i see a replica in person, how do i tell its quality...??

people with replica kit, plz post ur command or pix..thank you