Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Kickplate feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 02:25 PM
raZing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Kickplate feedback

Has anybody installed the aluminum insert kickplates going around? I saw them in courtesyparts.com. I would appreciate it if someone would post pics showing them on their car.

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Conceyted

hmm i dont have any pics of them on the car since i took them off. they are extremely poor quality. The only color they look good on is chrome silver (imo) and overall the stock black kickplate with the chrome z in the middle is so much higher quality and better fitting on the car. Installing them is a breeze though. you just pull them off and push the new ones back on where you took the old ones off... the plastic clamps do evewrything for you. If you want detailed instructions on how to install them please pm me and i can give you tips that will help if you go through with it.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:39 PM
raZing

Originally posted by Conceyted
hmm i dont have any pics of them on the car since i took them off. they are extremely poor quality. The only color they look good on is chrome silver (imo) and overall the stock black kickplate with the chrome z in the middle is so much higher quality and better fitting on the car. Installing them is a breeze though. you just pull them off and push the new ones back on where you took the old ones off... the plastic clamps do evewrything for you. If you want detailed instructions on how to install them please pm me and i can give you tips that will help if you go through with it.
I was thinking about getting them, but it struck me as odd that they were more expensive than the plain ones... The Z stands out more on the black ones too. I get the feeling that the Z is poorly finished on the aluminum ones too. However, I do like the look of the kickplates on the Audi TT and was looking for something similar for my Z. Do you know of any other models besides the one on courtesyparts...?
Old 04-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Conceyted

Originally posted by raZing
I was thinking about getting them, but it struck me as odd that they were more expensive than the plain ones... The Z stands out more on the black ones too. I get the feeling that the Z is poorly finished on the aluminum ones too. However, I do like the look of the kickplates on the Audi TT and was looking for something similar for my Z. Do you know of any other models besides the one on courtesyparts...?
that is the one and only model at the moment for the aluminum... maybe someone could design a new set that could please everyone with possibly some REAL aluminum?!?! we shall see...
Old 04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
westpak
SFZCC

They are crap, I thought they were going to be one piece when I ordered the car and they eventually started to come unglued and had the dealer replace them with the black stock ones which look better, if someone came out with a one piece plate I would probably go for it.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:04 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ended up replacing the aluminum with carbon fiber from evo-r
Old 04-15-2004, 07:08 PM
350z-z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Evo-R's CF door sills

Here is a picture of Evo-R's carbon fiber door sills.......
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum Kickplate feedback-cimg0147.jpg  
Old 04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
westpak
SFZCC

If someone could make one like that out of all aluminum I would probably go for it after seeing it, I am just not a fan of carbon fiber.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:10 PM
mrZeee

whew...you guys just saved me 50 bucks..THANKS!
Old 04-16-2004, 06:43 AM
ranger5oh

Ok, I have the factory aluminum kickplates, and I love them. They are high quality, the Z looks great, and they arent peeling off or anything. I think they look great on the SB that I have. I dont know about anyone else, but I have been more than happy with mine.