Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when people list "nismo" for their body kit in their sig, do they really mean..

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 12:23 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default when people list "nismo" for their body kit in their sig, do they really mean..

"nismo replica"???

I am just trying to figure this whole thing out as I thought that there are NO real Nismo kits to the US yet??
Old 05-23-2004, 12:38 PM
NismoKid

Most of them do have replicas, but I know that Dr. Bonz has a real one that was imported. There are a few others with real Nismo kits.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:50 PM
fdao

For me, it's the replica. If it were the real deal, it would have been NISMO . Not "NISMO"
Old 05-23-2004, 05:45 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine is real, also... 2nd one imported into the country back in 2002... props to bonz, t32gzz, and all others keeping it "real"

m
Old 05-23-2004, 06:01 PM
JimRHIT

Mine will be fake, and I am not ashamed at all ... NISMO is way too slow getting stuff here. If in the future NISMO comes out and is reasonably priced, I may sell the kit and get it, but not likely.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
rodH

I don't have a problem with people gettting the fake stuff, just don't claim it is NISMO in your sig if it is not. Kind of like going around with a fake Rolex and telling people it is a Rolex.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:01 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by rodH
I don't have a problem with people gettting the fake stuff, just don't claim it is NISMO in your sig if it is not. Kind of like going around with a fake Rolex and telling people it is a Rolex.
was this really worth starting a thread over?
Old 05-23-2004, 07:24 PM
rodH

Originally posted by zeroday
apparently for you it wasn't, but I was just curious about the NISMO issue. I have been waiting for some real NISMO body parts for months and I saw that many people have NISMO listed in thier sig. I knew that some people had them shipped over from japan, and was wondering if that was much more common than I knew about and if so, was there an easy way to get some REAL nismo side skirts. I guess it isn't the case, now I know. So to answer your question, yes, it was worth starting a thread over, my question has been answered.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:30 PM
djkern
Banned

so, if it's real people can write NISMO in the sig....but if it's replica they have to put "NISMO"???

sounds pretty petty to me.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:32 PM
rodH

Originally posted by zeroday
actually it is for me. I thought I was done with my car as far as external mods go. Lately I have been reading people's sigs closely and noticed a lot of people list NISMO as thier body kit. I was wondering if there is an easy way that people are getting thier parts from Japan or if it is all bogus, as I am interested in an ORIGINAL NISMO SIDE SKIRTS ONLY. this is why I was so interested to know if they are real. So, yes, to me it was worth starting a thread over, now I know what I can and can't do.

btw, anyone know an easy way to get real nismo side skirts to the US, PM me, thanx
Old 05-23-2004, 07:33 PM
djkern
Banned

actually it is for me. I thought I was done with my car as far as external mods go. Lately I have been reading people's sigs closely and noticed a lot of people list NISMO as thier body kit. I was wondering if there is an easy way that people are getting thier parts from Japan or if it is all bogus, as I am interested in an ORIGINAL NISMO SIDE SKIRTS ONLY. this is why I was so interested to know if they are real. So, yes, to me it was worth starting a thread over, now I know what I can and can't do.

btw, anyone know an easy way to get real nismo side skirts to the US, PM me, thanx
i don't think they are a "quick" way. they will take a while to get to you....they are super slow when shipping things (unless you pay them to ship the part faster).

also....why not go with replica ones? what's the difference?
Old 05-23-2004, 07:34 PM
rodH

another reason it is beneficial is b/c if "NISMO kit" is listed in someones sig and I notice pics their kit (side skirts that are a little on the SHORT SIDE and don't fit right), then it tells me I shouldn't be interested in a "NISMO" kit, since I want it to fit perfect.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:35 PM
rodH

Originally posted by djkern
i don't think they are a "quick" way. they will take a while to get to you....they are super slow when shipping things (unless you pay them to ship the part faster).

also....why not go with replica ones? what's the difference?
fitment
Old 05-23-2004, 07:38 PM
djkern
Banned

fitment
not an issue if you buy quality ones. also, if it's off...it's fiberglass, it can be stretched and fitted....right?

but, i can see why people are hesitant.

you could always get them till they decide to get the real ones shipped here....then sell the replica ones to a forum member that doesn't want to pay full price for the real ones.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:40 PM
wakaZ

fitment
Ditto on the the fitment issue.

Would more people be interested if the replica kits be of higher build quality and better fit?
Old 05-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Z350Lover

I have the original nismo kit imported into australia from Japan... and I noticed that even with the REAL nismo kit, there is a slight "defect" (well at least it is to be) on one of the side skirts... At the driver side of my car (Passenger side for you guys in the States), you can notice that at the front end of the side skirt is actually slightly shorter than the front end of the other one... that can be told very easily when you take a look at that!

But the fitments for all the parts are all fine, just noticed this little thing only!

cheers,

richie
Old 05-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Z PHAT Z

it a hit and miss kinda deal with the real kit also...it happens to any real kit not just Nismo.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:57 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I personally got tired of Nissan's broken promises of the kit coming out so I used one made by our race team. BUT, when it does, I will swap mine out to see how the fit and finish is.

Old 05-24-2004, 06:23 PM
EL Diablo

Crazy that in a few months the 05's will be out and no sign of the NISMO kits.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Randall Patters

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
mine is real, also... 2nd one imported into the country back in 2002... props to bonz, t32gzz, and all others keeping it "real"

m
What material is your REAL nismo kit made of???

Quick Reply: when people list "nismo" for their body kit in their sig, do they really mean..