Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco seatbases are POS.

Old 05-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry Sparco seatbases are POS.

I hear by declare Speedware's Sparco seat bases are POS... speedware is an authorized seat base manufacturer for Sparco in the USA...

i've spent the last two days trying to get the passengerside base to fit into the Z...

i took the base to a machine shop to try to get two of the four holes aligned... well guess what? the base is sitting crooked, with the holes lined up. the freakin seat is tilted toward the door. when mounted.

arrrg!!!

the only thing going for me is i got rid of the SRS airbag light-...

does anyone know if you can use another company's bases for sparco seats?

im seriously pissed off!

the only thing now is to lop off the mounts and reweld everything... Freakin A.. oh yea.. and the sliders? HA! pos. pos pos.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:23 PM
DeeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im using wedge engineering bases with my recaros. (sparco sliders) so i think they would work? good luck with their customer service though!!! long story. if i had to do it all over again, id just have a set made. less $$$ and you know they will fit!!! i paid like $250 for my wedges. after that my friend quoted me $150 for a custom set EXACTLT the same. good luck man.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Moroccan_Mole

i ended up using wedge brackets for my recaro's, too. they cost way too much and required some modification.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Z PHAT Z

Oh SH!* ....I just ordered my 2 sets of sliders and brackets. Cost me $360 and I would be really **** if they don't fit right. Can you return if they dont fit?
Old 05-25-2004, 08:44 PM
J Ritt

Ugh...
I have the Wedge base I believe. It took me an entire weekend of redrilling, etc. to get the damn thing in the car. It is still slightly crooked, and sits against my door when I close it. It's a real PIA! I actually mounted the sliders backwards, and cut the little slider pipe in half. You can stop by and see it any time Cheston. It ain't pretty, but it's in there and it works. I'm using a bottom mount Fighter seat BTW.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Jeff@Evolution

Originally posted by Z PHAT Z
Oh SH!* ....I just ordered my 2 sets of sliders and brackets. Cost me $360 and I would be really **** if they don't fit right. Can you return if they dont fit?
Most likely, they won't fit. Wedge stuff are junk for all their seats brackets we have EVER installed within the last 5 years in business.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:15 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very surprising Cheston - we have installed a few sets so far in Z's, and have shipped out quite a few too - to my knowledge no one had an issue.

Sparco used to use Wedge, and recently switched to new laser ut bases - I had yet to havea problem with any car we have sold them for.

In any case, get with the manufacturer and make them make it right - no need for you to stress over it!