Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

New Bumper & Hood * Warning: Lots of Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004 | 03:15 PM
L.A. Roadster

You picked a nice hood/bumper combo, but definately paint the hood.
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:22 PM
bhk1004

u know... me and my gf were going over the pics... and we have realized... the hood does look wierd in the pictures but trust me in RL it looks good in the CF... i am meeting up with some Z people tonite in NY so ill ask them what they think since they will be looking straight at it.
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:28 PM
ragtopz

sorry, i dont care for the hood. i like carbon fiber hoods, just not that one. since you went with seibon, i think the TS with the side vents would have been much nicer than your VS with that single huge vent in the center.

dont know what to think about the bumper either. maybe if you covered that gaping center rectangular hole with a mesh grill or an intercooler it might look better, but as it is, it seems a bit off.

wings... you like the veilside 1. i think the veilside 1 and 2 are nice imho. i like that it has the 3 squares like the z's have. i know you dont like the nismo wing, but if you got a replica in carbon fiber, i think it would balance out the carbon fiber on your hood quite nicely.

of course these are just my opinions and as long as you are happy with your combo, then that is all that matters.
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:43 PM
Tantrum Z33

Bumper does not go with the hood.
My suggestions....
1) paint the hood
2)get a full body kit to make the whole car look more aggressive
3)More carbon fiber!!!
By the way...that is one of the best looking hoods for the Z!!!
Old 06-12-2004 | 03:49 PM
mofoz

you need a front mount intercooler, then it will be pimp.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:02 PM
bhk1004

Originally posted by ragtopz
sorry, i dont care for the hood. i like carbon fiber hoods, just not that one. since you went with seibon, i think the TS with the side vents would have been much nicer than your VS with that single huge vent in the center.

dont know what to think about the bumper either. maybe if you covered that gaping center rectangular hole with a mesh grill or an intercooler it might look better, but as it is, it seems a bit off.

wings... you like the veilside 1. i think the veilside 1 and 2 are nice imho. i like that it has the 3 squares like the z's have. i know you dont like the nismo wing, but if you got a replica in carbon fiber, i think it would balance out the carbon fiber on your hood quite nicely.

of course these are just my opinions and as long as you are happy with your combo, then that is all that matters.
ummm... there is a black grill
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:24 PM
L.A. Roadster

When I was contemplating that hood, I considered painting it like the following. It looked terrible against the LS, but I think it could work on the silver.

It would show off the carbon fiber, in a way that went with the lines of the car.
Attached Thumbnails New Bumper & Hood * Warning: Lots of Pics*-hood-copy.jpg  
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:50 PM
sschmuve

Originally posted by L.A. Roadster
When I was contemplating that hood, I considered painting it like the following. It looked terrible against the LS, but I think it could work on the silver.

It would show off the carbon fiber, in a way that went with the lines of the car.

That looks a lot better partially painted. I never like carbon fiber on anything except a black car. Unless there are other pieces on the car that can compliment it, it clashes. Good luck with your ride.
Old 06-12-2004 | 04:53 PM
DeeZee

i like both! the bumper reminds me of an rx8 for some reason???? but it looks good! i wouldnt paint the hood eigther..........but thats just me!! sweet ride man! how much $$$ was the bumper???
Old 06-12-2004 | 05:08 PM
drivenCSZ

love the bumper but not really sold on the hood
Old 06-12-2004 | 05:10 PM
NismoKid

Not my cup of tea, but I think the best looking kit on the Z is the V1 all around (keeps the stock bumper, too). I prefer the stock hood especially since it has those two lines coming down it. Member Supra Crazy has the factory styled CF hood on his CS/SS (can't remember) and painted it the factory color execpt the two lines. It looks real nice.

As far as your gf's rims, they actually don't look bad at all on PPW (you could only put that off on PPW).
Old 06-12-2004 | 06:24 PM
LBC TRD

hmm, love the rims.. definitely dont like the bumper, the hood would look good w/ the veilside v1 kit.. i'm not sure what it is, but it seems like the looks of the parts dont "match" the car i guess is how i would put it..
Old 06-12-2004 | 07:30 PM
MY350Z.COM

i like the hood.
Old 06-12-2004 | 07:37 PM
bhk1004

I think its the pictures that is doing it.... i went out tonite in NY to meet up with some of the 350z people and there were eclipses 300zx wrx etc etc... and it was a general agreement everything went well together and the hood was nice contrast from the silver color. ill try to take new pictures later maybe from different light 2 see if I can completely capture what it looks like. anyways thx for all the help but im not painting the hood... its just gorgeous... ill probably be putting in hood pins within the next 2 weeks or so. I dont want the hood flying up into my face. Oh and for the gentleman that asked me how much ti was, it was 850 with hood pins shipped to my door. courtesy of Dave at 350zforums
Old 06-12-2004 | 10:43 PM
rodH

one note-you might get a little more unbiased opinions here VS asking guys in person.

My opinion. I like that hood on black and red 350z's, but doesn't look quite as good on the silver, but still not bad. I am not a fan of the bumper, just seems to have a different theme, and even though the inlets are bigger, the general shape is a bit more boring to me, but I have seen worse. It all depends what you like, thats what matters.
Old 06-12-2004 | 10:47 PM
rodH

by "theme" what I mean is this. When you look at my sig, or a stock Z look at the line that seperates the top of the hood and front quarter panel and then it is sharp and goes verticle. If you follow that line, it starts right in front of the windsheild, goes all the way down the top of the quarter panel, continues in the light housing and drops down to the front bumper (look at the sharp edge on the bumper right in front of the reflector). This is why I went with the V1 lip, it continues that "theme" and doesn't change the lines or angles at all.

Just wanted to clearify my last post
Old 06-13-2004 | 12:57 AM
ragtopz

Originally posted by bhk1004
ummm... there is a black grill
oh, thought that was a shadow... ok then that doesn't help.

Last edited by ragtopz; 06-13-2004 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2004 | 12:58 AM
ragtopz

double post..

btw, you are probably right about it looking better in person. sometimes things just gotta be seen in real life.

Last edited by ragtopz; 06-13-2004 at 01:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2004 | 01:39 AM
joust75

I really love the Balsarini bumper. I have had my eye on it for quite some time but I think that 1000 for a bumper is just too much. (Is that a real Balsarini or a replica?? If its a rep please tell me how much!)
Paint the hood but paint it partialy like in that shop! the partially painted hood looks incredible!!
Old 06-13-2004 | 07:09 AM
bhk1004

I dont believe there is a replica balsarini bumper, I got mine used off of GiovanniB. Hes a member on this board for 600 plus shipping. like I said... the hood looks better in person and will not be painted. Also ive noticed that in pictures the huge inlets are more prominent. When its in person, it looks different.. just the top parts cause of the angle your looking at it. Im still thinking the pictures arent doign it justice.

Quick Reply: New Bumper & Hood * Warning: Lots of Pics*