Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

New Bumper & Hood * Warning: Lots of Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004 | 07:20 AM
willpower

Hey BHK1004........Whats the quality of your cf hood like ???? I bought a cf hood from Performance Nissan and the quality Is really bad alot of milky blotches under the clear coat...I almost went with a Seibon hood,wish I did now.
Old 06-13-2004 | 07:40 AM
bhk1004

the quality is amazing. Looks gorgeous in real person, the weaves are just amazing. The fit was a SLIGHT bit off. The hood wasnt wide enough. But it wasnt wide enough by like.... half a centimeter? you cant even tell. The people that installed it for me said it has to be the best quality CF hood he's installed yet. I was gonna go cheap and just get like a 200-300 dollars oem style one but... havabooz... had a cheap CF hood that started to bubble up and I decided to just dish out the cash and get quality.
Old 06-13-2004 | 11:55 AM
nd2spd

I hate to say this, but the first thing that popped in my head was not RX-8 but a Audi TT.....I'm so sorry. The side view looks great, head on is what I don't like..just my opinion. As for the hood, you got CF for a reason, don't paint it. Take Care
Old 06-13-2004 | 12:07 PM
NY 350Z

i saw his car in person last night, i think it looked good. it is def. different.

ben- i didnt realize you came all the way from NJ...it was a shitty night to come out to see cars, cause noone was there! i had to leave early so i dont know what happened, but i hope it was worth it.
Old 06-13-2004 | 02:58 PM
bhk1004

thx for hitting me up. im guessing your Chris? it was fun, was expecting more people but it wasnt bad at all. I met a couple of people that seemed cool so it wasnt a bad time. hopefully ill roll out next time when its really full ^_^.
Old 06-13-2004 | 03:45 PM
redva350z

could you post a pic of your car from the side straight on, i've thought about that bumper but haven't been able to find any pics from side. your car looks sweet btw.

thanks
Old 06-13-2004 | 03:51 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

as someone said, if you like it, thats all the matters....don't let others tastes influence what you do to the car in terms of looks. No need to justify your likes of it to others.....if it works for you, then cool!

I get a similarly mixed reaction to my Z.....people on the board had very little to say about it, yet in person, I get nothing but looks, compliments, and wows. Best part, at least to me, is there is not a single other Z out there with my combo, which was the primary goal for me.
Old 06-13-2004 | 04:19 PM
bhk1004

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
as someone said, if you like it, thats all the matters....don't let others tastes influence what you do to the car in terms of looks. No need to justify your likes of it to others.....if it works for you, then cool!

I get a similarly mixed reaction to my Z.....people on the board had very little to say about it, yet in person, I get nothing but looks, compliments, and wows. Best part, at least to me, is there is not a single other Z out there with my combo, which was the primary goal for me.
I agree with you and the reason im going this route with the looks on my car is cause I dnot want anyone to have the same combination as I do. I havent seen your Z so if you have a pic post it up so I can see what it looks like. since your in long island, u guys looking for a Z to sponsor? good lord hooking up the Z is becoming the biggest financial drag...
Old 06-13-2004 | 04:20 PM
bhk1004

Originally posted by redva350z
could you post a pic of your car from the side straight on, i've thought about that bumper but haven't been able to find any pics from side. your car looks sweet btw.

thanks
Ill take a pic for you tommorrow, but im just letting you know... pictures seriously dont do the bumper justice...
Old 06-13-2004 | 07:46 PM
NY 350Z

did you go up to the meet last night adam?
Old 06-14-2004 | 09:50 AM
ADMAN

Need fog lights...
Old 06-14-2004 | 11:39 AM
Giovanni B

Originally posted by bhk1004
I dont believe there is a replica balsarini bumper, I got mine used off of GiovanniB. Hes a member on this board for 600 plus shipping. like I said... the hood looks better in person and will not be painted. Also ive noticed that in pictures the huge inlets are more prominent. When its in person, it looks different.. just the top parts cause of the angle your looking at it. Im still thinking the pictures arent doign it justice.
ahh, finally got everything on and painted..I think it definately looks sharp! Its funny to see the reaction to the bumper once its on a different color car.. When it was on my black car, some people asked me if it was factory. Nothing but compliments on the street. I guess the black hides the inlets more.. Just know that you are one of the only ones with that bumper in a world of Veilside equipped Z's (nothing against VS..) I personally like the hood the way it is, but it would also look good painted. Not everyone is used to the two-tone look. If you are going to add skirts and a rear bumper, check out the Central20 pieces, I think they compliment it well (thats what I was going to do). Thumbs up for a clean car!! BTW, your girl's car is trick too..If your going to the track or a meet, take your car, if your going out for a nice night on the town, take her car...Can't hate on that..I wish my girl had a Z so I could play around with it.. (: Now its time to handle this UPS BS.. Good luck with the car and everything else... Giovanni B
Old 06-14-2004 | 11:46 AM
Giovanni B

Originally posted by L.A. Roadster
You picked a nice hood/bumper combo, but definately paint the hood.
...Post some pics of the hood if you have a chance..It looks sick in the small picture.. Hope evrything is going well.. -Giovanni B
Old 06-14-2004 | 02:05 PM
bhk1004

hey Gio wuts up,
the hood ended up coming out and fitting really well. The body shop had to do ALOT of body work that thing to get it to fit rite... only problem. the silver seems a WEEE bit off... not 100% sure but it seems like its maybe just a shade lighter than its supposed to be. I mite have it repainted in a few months but we shall see how it settles in. There is no way im gonna paint that hood... looks just 2 great. Anyways thx for everything. latz
Old 06-14-2004 | 06:59 PM
Giovanni B

Originally posted by bhk1004
hey Gio wuts up,
the hood ended up coming out and fitting really well. The body shop had to do ALOT of body work that thing to get it to fit rite... only problem. the silver seems a WEEE bit off... not 100% sure but it seems like its maybe just a shade lighter than its supposed to be. I mite have it repainted in a few months but we shall see how it settles in. There is no way im gonna paint that hood... looks just 2 great. Anyways thx for everything. latz
I agree, dont paint the hood..Regarding the paint mismatch, it always tends to show up more in pictures. Yes, it looks a bit lighter. Just beat it up for a few months and then re-shoot it. I have yet to see a perfect match on any bumper repaint..Even the factory finish isnt perfect due to the different materials that are used (metal vs urethane or fiberglass). You can sometimes get away with it on black. My pearl white Top Secret bumper came out all jacked up too..Dont worry, the car looks sick!
-Giovanni