Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting US NISMO lip

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Strife350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm the fitment is OK... i mean, you're looking at only a few mm's... veilside v1 fitment is even worse IMO (i have one)

just my 2 cents, but take the car out and drive it I'm sure you'll be the only one that notices the very minor fitment problem
Old 09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
roark

Wow,

Your fitment is terrible. You're right. Mine was fine, and with all the delays getting this thing to market, with Nissan siting that they wanted to get the fitment right.... I'm wondering if your bumper cover wasn't cast late on Friday during Sumo season.

I see that the rubber seal is not on. That would fill that gap no problem. Are you not using it for asthetics?
Old 09-26-2004, 08:03 PM
tylerdurden

Finally got it! Cool illusion!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 AM
isugoo

this is so funny.
not many people are worrying about your fitment.
they are amazed by your wax jobs and excited that finally they see what they supposed to see.

sorry for fitment. i think i consider that lip as defected item from nismo and will bring back to the dealer to get a new one exchange. its always good to do test fitment before you actually spend money on painting. sorry bro. bring back to nissan and get a new one and ask your bodyshop to give you some discount on the new lip painting/install
Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
drj

Thanks, Roark. You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. After looking at your photos and some provided by Performance it was rather obvious the rubber moulding was not installed. Neither I nor the installer ever remember seeing one so it may have been left out of my kit, or one of us managed to lose it. In any case, I've got Performance tracking down a replacement from NISMO which will hopefully cure the problem!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:11 PM
roark

The rubber moulding was in a bag, taped to the lid of the box - pretty easy to spot.

I know Performance will be able to hook you up. They found me a replacement Nismo lug nut and sent it to me at no charge.