Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Scam Artist --> GURP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 06:42 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Scam Artist --> GURP!!!

Whats up everyone? I just wanted to go ahead and post my experience with this member before anyone else gets screwed by him. I made a post in a thread a few weeks ago about a set of side fenders. Member GURP sent me a PM and said he had a set of Sarona fenders for sale for $300. After several emails back and forth over the following week or so, I committed to him and Paypaled him $300 on ~9/12. He said he would ship these by 9/15 at the latest. Well, the 15th comes around and I have no shipping info. So I send him an email inquiring about status on shipping. He replies saying that he had a bunch of paperwork to fill out since he is in Canada and I am in Alabama. Sounds good to me. So another week passes and still no shipping info. I ended up sending him 4 emails between 9/15 and 9/24 and I have yet to get a response from him. So I emailed him on thursday or Friday telling that if I dont get any shipping info by Monday 9/27, I will contact Paypal and file a fraud complaint. Still I get no response. So I am going to file a complaint with Paypal to try to recover my $300 I paid him in good faith.

While I realize that this has only been going on for roughly a week or so, I have not had but 1 response to my 5 emails since I sent him my money. Prior to sending him my money, he responded to my questions on a daily basis and now that he has my money, he doesnt respond. Seems like a scam to me!!!

As for right now, I do not recommend that anyone buys anything from GURP. All of this might be a big misunderstanding or lack of communication, but the bottom line is the man has $300 of my hard earned $$$ and I have no fenders. GURP, if you are reading this, I hope you step up to the plate and follow thru with your part of this transaction.

Zach
Old 09-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Gurp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent to Zach via PM:

Zach, what are you doing? I am telling you the truth when I said that I did NOT receive those 4 emails that you sent me. I have no idea what email address you sent them too or if you even sent them at all. I have no problems at all refunding you the money. $300 is not going to make me rich...why would I scam you of $300??? I am an Elec. Engg. making a lot more than $300. These fenders were sitting in my garage and I thought I would get rid of them. Shipping alone was costing me $164, plus on top of that the packing material.

I will be refunding you the money via paypal and will not be shipping out the fenders....thanks for wasting my time.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:23 AM
slay2k

Well Gurp, you did put me through about a month wait before backing out on the Sarona kit as well... and you also never split the escrow fee with me either.

Oh well, at least I kept my money. Props to Escrow.com.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:20 AM
zachcrosen

Gurp, you have PM and email.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:19 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by slay2k
Well Gurp, you did put me through about a month wait before backing out on the Sarona kit as well... and you also never split the escrow fee with me either.

Oh well, at least I kept my money. Props to Escrow.com.
Seems like a trend happeneing?
Old 09-27-2004, 06:55 AM
vice86

Better playing it safe then sorry...I'd be concerned too if I was getting no replies back...plus paypal with their 30 day BS...you gotta act quick. If its a misunderstanding...no one gets hurt.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:18 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

people need to start using ESCROW.

or you'll get ESCREWED!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:36 AM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by vice86
Better playing it safe then sorry...I'd be concerned too if I was getting no replies back...plus paypal with their 30 day BS...you gotta act quick. If its a misunderstanding...no one gets hurt.
I really hope this is just a misunderstanding because I really want those sarona fenders to go with my Veilside v3 kit. This transaction is all that is holding up the body work.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Gurp

Sent via PM:

Zach,

I would rather just give you a refund. Since there was a complaint put through to paypal, I can not refund the money until 8 days. They have held $291 off my credit card ($9 paypal fees). I have to refund the full $300 so I have to pull $9 out of my bank account (which takes 6-8 days). As soon as that happens, I will send the full $300 back.

I still not receive an email that you said that you sent the other day. Can you please tell me which email address you are sending the emails to?

Also, could you please tell Victor to delete that post and also remove my name from you sig. I do not believe that I scammed you at all. I do apologize for the lack of communication. I was sent out of town for work. All I have on me is my cell phone and I do check my email on my phone. However, I did not receive no emails from you and I did try to email you to let you know. About 3 months ago the same thing happened between me and Victor (Mike Wazawski). He wanted my rims and I told him I would sell them to him but there was a lack of communication from my end because again, I was out of town. You are more than welcome to ask him about that situation. I did try emailing him from my phone, but all he got was a blank email from me.

I had also sold my bose headunit about the same time I sold the fenders to you. I was unable to get it out to him either. He asked me for a refund and the next day I refunded him.

Again, I do apologize for the lack of communication on my part, but I do feel we could have handled this in a different manner.

-Gurp-
Old 09-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Gurp

Also, if anybody wants a full sarona kit (minus the rear bumper), let me know and I can ship it out immediately. The kit is in excellent shape and will have no fitment issues at all. I need to get this thing out of my garage! I am leaving to work out of town for 3 months at the end of october so I need to get this out quick. I will be more than happy to use Escrow for anybody that wants.

And yes, I realize am trying to sell this kit in a thread that says "SCAMMED BY GURP"
Old 09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
drsifu

just to clarify, when you refund payment, PayPal also refunds the fees.

so...you are not out $9.00.

and yes, it takes 6-8 days for the money to be refunded.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:30 PM
dnguyent

Jesus...Gurp, zachcrosen paid you on 9/12 and you still have the part sitting in your garage on 9/26? That's two weeks?!??!

You can't blame zachcrosen for calling out scam when you haven't tried harder to contact him...you should have had that as priority No. 1. It was your responsibility to contact him and let him know that you're not going to send him the part until the better part of 2005.

AND, if you planned to drop the sale (because you learned the shipping costs are too high), you should have refunded him right away instead of hold onto the money for two weeks!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by dnguyent
Jesus...Gurp, zachcrosen paid you on 9/12 and you still have the part sitting in your garage on 9/26? That's two weeks?!??!

You can't blame zachcrosen for calling out scam when you haven't tried harder to contact him...you should have had that as priority No. 1. It was your responsibility to contact him and let him know that you're not going to send him the part until the better part of 2005.

AND, if you planned to drop the sale (because you learned the shipping costs are too high), you should have refunded him right away instead of hold onto the money for two weeks!
That was my whole point.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Gurp

and yes, I did apologize for MY lack of communication and I am refunding him the money. However, I am not lying when I said that I did not receive any of his emails! He said that he sent me one the other day, and I didn't receive that one either. I will ask you again Zach, which email address are you sending these emails to?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
JPizzle

Gurp- You still owe me the rest of the down payment from months ago.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:02 PM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by Gurp
and yes, I did apologize for MY lack of communication and I am refunding him the money. However, I am not lying when I said that I did not receive any of his emails! He said that he sent me one the other day, and I didn't receive that one either. I will ask you again Zach, which email address are you sending these emails to?
Gurp, As I said in my PM to you. I continued to reply to the "more pics of sarona fenders" that we had been sending back and forth. I replied to you're email as I did prior to sending payment. As far as why you didnt get them, I dont know because I did the exact thing I had previously done.

Zach
Old 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM
zachcrosen

I will add that my email program has screwed up before after I sold something on ebay and someone didnt get my emails about their shipping info. That may very well have happened with this, but that doesnt change the fact that I paid 2 weeks and 2 days ago and I never received shipping info when I was told it would be shipped out in 3 days at the latest. I received the following email at 1:06 PM on 9/12/04.

Hey Zach,

Yeah, I will do $300 shipped. I will be able to ship them out either on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Let me know.

thanks
Gurp

>From: "Zach Crosen" <slpknt73@bellsouth.net>
>To: <gurp21@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: More pics of Sarona Fenders
>Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:00:26 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
>
>Thanks Gurp, I got your last round of pix. The fenders look good. So you are
>wanting $300 shipped to me correct?? When can you ship these out?
>
>Zach