Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

NWS Avatars

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:04 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Admins and moderators had this discussion and I pushed for more leniency in avatars. I don't think it's fair for members to have to change their avatars just because one or two people don't want to get in trouble at work place (where they should be working) when there's a simple solution to it (turning the avatars off). I would assume that it's safe to say that the rules are much more lenient with avatars. Just don't overdo it with the suggestive nature of some of the pictures (even if it doesn't show any direct nudity).
Thanks man, I agree with your perspective on the situation. Now that it's been said, I'll leave the subject alone.

By the way, I wasn't necessarily pointing fingers at any mods or admins in particular. I think some members of this site have grudges and can be a bit petty with their reporting habits as well.

Good deal.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
+1.......reminds me of the now removed thread:

"Hot car, Hot Wife!"

People clicked on that link^^^^^ and complained it didn't have NSFW in the title......
Yeah, I'm not sure why that thread was moved to AG. I had already edited the first post which contained nudity (by deleting the picture in quesiton).

It should be common sense and logical that the above mentioned thread would contain some sort of "not safe for work" material. Some people just like ruining the fun for everybody I guess.

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
I have avatars turned off..but honestly...it sucks. I don't even bother enable it when I come back home. So I never see anyone's avatars even though I would like to.

Avatars are nice because it so much easier to identify people by it.

I vote for continuing with work safe avatars.
Well, good luck to you on that one. As long as I'm still a mod, I'm going to continue to push for what I believe is fair and just for the majority (key word).

Originally Posted by taurran
Thanks man, I agree with your perspective on the situation. Now that it's been said, I'll leave the subject alone.

By the way, I wasn't necessarily pointing fingers at any mods or admins in particular. I think some members of this site have grudges and can be a bit petty with their reporting habits as well.

Good deal.
No problem. And I know what you meant. No need to explain yourself.