Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

How do you admins prevent fraudulent vendors from returning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:32 PM
xthejokerx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you admins prevent fraudulent vendors from returning?

How do you admins and IB prevent fraudulent vendors from returning? Do you guys do ID checks or company background checks to see if the company is even valid? Seems like it's very easy for banned vendors to come back simply with a new company name and a different owner where employees switch turns being the registered owner. Please enlighten me
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM
xthejokerx

Been 4 days since I made this thread and not one admin or IB cared to reply. Guess all you guys care about is money. As long as you are receiving money from their sponsorship fees, you can just cover both eyes and pretend nothing is seen.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
xthejokerx

^^ I believe we are both thinking about the same person. Thank you.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I remember when said person was venting to me on the phone about their last scenario, he even mentioned 'do you realize how easy it would be for us to drop this business name and have somebody else start up a new one?'. he wasn't kidding. heh

I fear by the time you guys do some thing, there could already be thousands amongst thousands of dollars tied up and lost.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 AM
JEKL

So why aren't we just coming out and saying who it is?

OP, thanks for bringing this up.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I only have suspicions and evidence. the mods are probably able to determine if it's the case or not. don't want to **** on someone on the off chance that I'm wrong
Old 06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by dave079
We are actually discussing this very topic in the moderator section right now about a specific vendor. What you are saying is very untrue. IB gave us the go ahead to make our own decisions on who we keep and who we dont for vendors.
+1

Originally Posted by JEKL
So why aren't we just coming out and saying who it is?

OP, thanks for bringing this up.
Originally Posted by Entaille
I only have suspicions and evidence. the mods are probably able to determine if it's the case or not. don't want to **** on someone on the off chance that I'm wrong
^^this...
Old 06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I bet if more people started buying plane tickets or sending local family/friends to go visit said scamming vendors, there would be much less scamming going on.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:54 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by dave079
Again we are investigating things as I speak
Don't take this as if I am trying to tell you guys how to do your job, but isn't this as something as simple as an IP check on the new vendor's posts versus the banned vendor's posts? That shouldn't take several days to determine.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 PM
xthejokerx

https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-...ml#post8457438

Another men down
Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Max@BumperFarm
Banned

It has been brought to my attention that maybe there are some questions that I can answer here
Old 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Max@BumperFarm
Banned

I am very familiar to everything that has went on with the AI ring, I have read enough and updated myself with their issues and everything that has happened. I know of the people in question although I am NOT one of those people. I have met numerous other members on this forum during meet ups and I have shook a lot of hands. One thing that I am willing to state is that I am not Eric, Chris, Peter from AI.

I would be able to gather a good 5-10 other members that I have met personally on the forums that would be able to vouch and state that I am none of those in question. The SoCal OC/LA/SD sector is a pretty small group that all know of each other in one way or another so providing a few people that can ID me as "myself" shouldn't be too hard to do.

A lot of the business ideas/ventures out in this area come from this being a primary area that these things occur in. We all seem to know and associate in the same circles even if SOME of these circles did not have the best reputations. M1 Auto Sports/DTM, MasterGrade/Boomer, VIS, Asuka, AutoInfantry... So it would only seem fit that selling the items that I choose to manufacture and sell would come directly from this area although it is not coming from anyone of the companies that was just previously listed. Although I sell a replica TS diffuser should not implicate me as being Boomer from MG or Eric, Chris or peter from AI.

I would be happy to answer any questions or comment on any concerns that any of you might have as I do understand how serious of an issue this would be to have someone who was previously banned for such a serious offense to continue to plague this forum.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Max@BumperFarm
Banned

If it would make things easier i would also be willing to contact anyone that I might be in question of being mistaken for and ask them to possibly accompany me down to IB HQ for a quick meet and greet so IB can verify CA drivers license and weed out any possibilities and be able to give their final say so on the matter? As stated, I would be willing to take what ever steps necessary to help resolve these matters.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you provide an business number or LLC number please. I just searched and you are not listed within California, yet you are selling out of california.

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Could you also provide a resellers license number?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Max@BumperFarm
Banned

sorry, at a laker celebration party so there might be some time between my replies.

I am currently working on getting my resellers license at this time. the DBA was filed about 2 months ago and name was already ran in the paper.

from what I know as long as you're keeping records for your tax filings (assuming you're charging sales tax in which I am), I should have nothing to worry about. You are not required to have a license 'in your hands' if you do not have a brick & mortar operation. You do have the option of providing your customers with access to your license # online with a link to the Secretary of State's website once its obtained.

please correct me if im wrong but you can sell/re-sell items and you only need to charge and collect and also pay sales tax if you sell an item to a person in the state where you and they reside (which tax was charged on the item sold in CA). Otherwise it is considered interstate commerce and you are not responsible for paying sales tax for items sold in other states so long as you do not have a business in that state. You can also obtain State sales tax vouchers and have the buyer fill them out.

But at the end of the year I might owe and pay it since by law I would be required to collect it. Also if you buy something in one state and resell it to somebody in another state and never take possession of the item there is also no responsibility for you to collect state sales tax or pay it or even report it. It is up to the buyer to pay sales tax in the state they live in if required by law(s). Im in the process of having a lawyer file for a TID and RRMC in my d/b/a name.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
xthejokerx

hi max, ive got a question for ya. did you ever use the same identical phone number as Chris (M6XTZ) did when you first became a vendor on here 2 weeks ago? you seem to be a person of ethics that follows the law judging from your last post.......... so i apologize if you didnt, seems like i was just too paranoid with the whole AI incident since i was on the verge of buying from them. glad i didnt.

edit: please refer to post #699 for the phone number mentioned above.

Last edited by xthejokerx; 06-17-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Max@BumperFarm
Banned

No worries xthejokerx no apologies needed

No sorry I did not give that number out. The only number I have ever given out has been (714)798-3276. Reviewing the thread posts as well as all PM's the only person that has ever requested a contact number has been Entaille. My reply to his request can be forwarded by myself or him at request im sure. Here is my PM from sent mail just to keep everything in the open. (hope this is not against policy)

Originally Posted by Entaille
Originally Posted by Max@BumperFarm
I can ship one out as soon as friday... there will be one person ahead of you if you pay soon.

07_z33 paid for the last one at that price.

the best deal i can offer you would be $---... $-- off the original asking price that everyone else is paying. ($---)

let me know.
Max
I'm not in any hurry, I need some time to get my current diffuser ripped out. I also have nismo add ons.. do you think the diffuser would fit with them if I didn't put the little wings on the sides? or would they need to come off as well?

I have a few more Q's, do you have a # I can call?

Originally Posted by Max@BumperFarm
I can get you another made for $--- shipped but I would need to request pix in return... we would like to get a portfolio of about 7-10 cars with fitment and quality remarks on what you think of the product. LMK if this works for you.

would you prefer 1x1 or 2x2 weave?

Max
(714)798-FARM
(Prices have been edited for the sake of sales, please forgive me.)
In reviewing all PM's highlighted blue was the only time and first time I have given out a number since then I have had it added to my sig.
Strange enough I have never received a call from this man, im starting to piece
together the reason he initially asked

Last edited by Max@BumperFarm; 06-17-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: How do you admins prevent fraudulent vendors from returning?