Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Complaint against a vendor

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 AM
drivessidewayz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complaint against a vendor

So I was shopping around for lugs to go with my new set of rims. Knowing next to nothing about them, I contacted Vendor X on this site in order to help me select them.

I wanted a set of black ones, so I inquired about those. After asking several times if the paint coming off would be an issue, I was assured it would not be and I ordered. Without this reassurance I wouldn’t have ordered them in the first place.

When I received them I noted that they were jumbled in the bottom as opposed to neatly organized in the container, but that’s not really a big deal. My major complaint is that *with my hands* I twisted a lug and the key in a similar fashion to how it would be stressed when installing it on the car and some of the paint was removed.

I contacted Vendor X and expressed my issues with the product and they advised me to just send it back. I sent it back two weeks ago and contacted them yesterday regarding my refund and they promptly (within 10 minutes) responded and sent refunded me $54.40 of the $69 I paid for the product. This made me feel that they were simply waiting to see if I remembered that I was supposed to be refunded.

When I inquired as to why a partial refund, I was informed that there is a $5 non-refundable shipping fee along with a 15% restocking fee. I do understand that in most cases this is necessary to prevent companies from losing money with customers wanting refunds, but I don’t think this is one of those cases.

Vendor X wants me to pay for their cost of shipping along with their restocking fee on top of what it cost to send the product back to them when their lies about the product put me in this position in the first place.
I informed them that I would be posting this now and adding their name and filing with Paypal later tonight should they continue to refuse what I view to be a reasonable request.

This is obviously not about the $20 or so I've lost in this transaction...this is about a company lying to make a sale and expecting no consequences.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
huyrua

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What lug nuts did you ordered? Post the company/vendor name, they already got your $20.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:35 AM
mpthree50

ya I'm about to purchase some wheels and lugs - who's the vendor to ignore? Maybe this thread will get your 20 back, lol.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:04 AM
drivessidewayz

Your requests are entirely unreasonable. You seem to have this relentless aggressive towards getting your way, though the source of the problem really wasn't ours to begin with.
The source of the problem *was* yours as it was *you* I asked about a product you were selling. If you had doubts, then you should have told me to order something different, go elsewhere, or ask the manufacturer.

The waste of time I have to put forth in effort to reply to this, along with every other PM you'd made in the last 2 weeks, is not worth the $15.00-$20.00 we've saved to resell as a USED item. If the packaging wasn't butchered and the lugs weren't COVERED in grease, we'd be more opposed to refunding this as an new-order cancellation.
I'm glad you're starting to see it my way. The packaging was cut around the edge as that was the most appropriate way to open it. The lugs you claim are covered in grease are the exact same lugs you sent me in the exact same condition (minus one missing a small amount of paint). Perhaps you need to rethink this statement.

Per your original request of having a colored cast mold of a lug is ridiculous. This isn't made by any manufacturer. In my 10 years of being in this industry I've never had such a request. If you want quality control, spend more money on better items. Though we've never seen, out of the HUNDREDS of SR-series lugs sold, a person complain over the paint chipping, we decided to cancel your order and provide you with a refund. Honestly this is something we never do for such an order, but I did what I could to help.
Then you should have expressed this when I called you to place the order. As I stated in the first post and when I called, "I know next to nothing about lugnuts", so I was relying on your knowledge of the subject. I was willing to spend more; these were just the first I found. If you felt that a higher quality item would have better suited my needs, why not at least suggest it? Sounds like poor customer service to me.

I'm not sure what else I can do... Your blackmail is tempting, as that's what this while dilemma is over- you threatening a slanderous report on the internet, along with a 'chargeback' of your additional $15.00 dollars; We get to decide whether or not we want to engage in your benefit of this malicious act, or take the ladder and keep that $15.00 in hopes to resell trashed goods you've returned. Retail is too predictable in these days as I know the reaction points in all areas of this scenario. You aren't the first to react in such a manner, regardless of how tainted you feel our service to be, or how flawless and upholding our supporting clientele remains. It all comes down to paperwork.
Sir, blackmail is illegal; I would never do such a thing. This is simply threatening to inform the public about the issues I've experienced with your
company should you choose not to resolve them. I am well aware I am not the first to react this way; I am sure there are other people out there who are tired of being lied to as well. If I felt that posting this would ruin your business, I would have to say I would side with you in implying my insanity. However, my only goal is to inform the public of the issues I've experienced with your company since you refuse to make efforts to resolve them.
The only problem that I really have with this clever passage (linked above), is the part where we lied? Can you please, in a direct manner free of any bias, show me where it was? You ordered a product that we didn't produce, you're standards weren't met (as they are seemingly too high), you said paint chipped off (which we couldn't find any absence of paint), and we accommodated you with a refund after the goods were accepted upon delivery. Where is this lie?
You lied to sell me the product that I would have otherwise not ordered; that's the entire subject of this thread. Are you really that blind? Like, I really don't know how to point it out any clearer and less biased than that.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
CRIDDA

In for the
Old 02-09-2011, 11:14 AM
huyrua

The vendor sounds like a d-bag. Great replies. Post up the vendor.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
drivessidewayz

The vendor has informed me that they will be posting up a response soon with pictures. So you'll get your name soon enough I said I would wait until tonight, so I am keeping with that. Keep in mind pictures won't do much as I explained in a previous pm to the vendor:

They were taken out and rearranged in the box *better* than I received them. They weren't even in their holes when I got them, but they are now. Other than the one I tested, none have even seen the key. I can't send pics of the paint coming off because I made the mark hard to see so they can be resold easily. They will need new packaging, but that's it. In short, the lugs are in the same condition they were sent to me; you won't even be able to tell which one I tested(cuz I can't).
Edit:
Basically: because I was doing them a favor in not destroying the lug nut, they will use that against me. Do also note that even though the vendor stated that this so far was not worth their time, they are taking even more time to disprove my claim.

Edit 2:
They have also chosen to refund the remainder of my claim, so if they post that is their own choice.

Last edited by drivessidewayz; 02-09-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Ronin82

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh I love these threads!!!