Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Navagating Site

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
07maximan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navagating Site

Im new here and this site is pretty intimidating. Im a moderator on my6thgen.org and we get a lot of people who feel like this over there too....now I know how they feel

I try to search but I get 10 pages of what seems like nothing related to what Im looking for. For instance, Im trying to find out what kind of shorty antenna you guys use?? To be honest I did a search and still have no clue.

Im trying to find the best way to navigate this site without hearing "trying searching douchebag!!" I hate this.......

Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the forum, I would start by first reading this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...questions.html

Search is best used if you click the search link, then advanced search, then search by title.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Quick answer:
-S2000
-Dodge Avenger
-Search
Old 01-28-2013, 01:22 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Sometimes when I'm searching for answers... I litereally read/skim through EVERY page and post from the "key word" I enter in the search box... even if the thread/post doesn't pertain to what I'm looking for. At times I find my answer and sometimes I don't but I learn from a lot from the BS I skim/read through.

If no answer is found I use another key term and keep reading. It's a lot work but it's better than asking for answers and possibly get flame for it. You'll come out better just keeping your mouth shut and just read the forum... take this advice from an OG member
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

i find the biggest trick in searching is to NOT use the general search command. Go to the proper subforum (Interior/Exterior in your case), then use the Search This Forum link at the top of that forum. That narrows your results significantly.

Second, don't search on too many words or terms. Search for antenna alone.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Junkster

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Most Mazda shorties work (newer like mazda 3 and up)

If you want really short ones you can get nice ones from agency power or blox. There are alot of aftermarket shorties that i think look really clean.

Keep in mind they will all sacrafice your FM/AM reception quality.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
07maximan

Thanks for the help guys. Im sure Ill get the hang of this site. Ill be here for a while.

As far as the antenna goes I dont care about am/fm, I dont even listen to the radio,its more for looks. You guys are some serious ball busters around here. My car didnt come with a remote control...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM
IB Nolan
IB Staff

I thought I would also jump in to suggest a feature that is often discovered and makes search a good bit more effective. We updated search a while back to include a google image and web search... it basically uses a google index of the site and in the screenshot below you see that I selected the "Web & Images" tab after search and found useful threads on top with exactly what you were looking for.

We may default to a hybrid of this screen in the future to make it easier to find. For some things it does not work as well.

-Nolan
Attached Thumbnails Navagating Site-search_screencap.png  
Old 01-28-2013, 02:43 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
I thought I would also jump in to suggest a feature that is often discovered and makes search a good bit more effective. We updated search a while back to include a google image and web search... it basically uses a google index of the site and in the screenshot below you see that I selected the "Web & Images" tab after search and found useful threads on top with exactly what you were looking for.

We may default to a hybrid of this screen in the future to make it easier to find. For some things it does not work as well.

-Nolan
I like this a lot. How do I use this??