Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Why is this site so slooow? Lets pay for an upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 07:43 AM
John@Victory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

georgiaboy

GA

actually for some it is that much a month
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i believe as a vendor it is the highest fees ....and there is 1 set of fees for each catagory
and it is no where close to 500 a month for a vendor sponsorship
its barely over 500 for 6 months dude

know what your talking about before you post....

as for the site being slow..and i agree it isnt the fastest site out ther

but jesus quit crying....its a FREE site...you want better servers then donate

if not jesus just let this freaking thread die

mike/victor isnt going to answer the thread

and your in a site thats free...yea so its a little slow....you want fast go into another site...
you in here because of the amount of members and information then deal with the speed....

what you dont understand or seem to understand is this site is
free to use...all sections are free...this site is here as a free service to us and until YOU start paying for the maintenance of the site or buy the site from the current owner you have nothing to complain about..

all of us in here would like a faster site ...but the fact is...the owner isnt interested in upgrading or taking donations to upgrade....

so why keep crying...ITS DOING NO GOOD..

wanna hurt the site?
quit buying from the sponsors and go to other sites

but sitting in here and complaining and then calling vendors and asking for your my350z.com discount ..doesnt get anything sovled
quit buying from vendors and send them emails why and they will take it up with the people running the boards as its hurting their bussiness and they will threaten to pull sponshorships unless something is done

but if you arent willing to do that and arent willing to donate to help the forums then you really have no reason to complain about a free site!
Old 08-14-2004, 10:48 AM
georgiaboy
Banned

tony before you post, know what you are talking about. i know for a fact how much certain sponsors pay!! $400 a month, for a one that i am friends with so............
Old 08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
John@Victory

georgiaboy

GA
tony before you post, know what you are talking about. i know for a fact how much certain sponsors pay!! $400 a month, for a one that i am friends with so............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forget it..this isnt worth argueing over.most of yall are not getting the point.....ITS NOT OUR BUSSINESS WHERE THE MONEY GOES..ITS NOT OUR MONEY...YOU ARE RECIEVING A FREE SERVICE!
how hard is that to understand?

Last edited by John@Victory; 08-14-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:13 AM
synth19

Tony- When a friend and I started a 350 site last Novemeber, he was in charge of finding sites for banners/etc. He was quoted that sponsorship on this site is $500/month. I know there are different types of sponsorship and fees, but that is the quote he received. PM your email and I can ask him to fwd you that email if you like.

Last edited by synth19; 08-14-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:19 AM
John@Victory

well if your buddy was quoted 500 a month fees have gone down drasticly since november...as in march when victor emailed me the fees it was like 179 for a month...479 for 3 months and like 789 for 6 months....

now that might not be exact but it is pretty close....

go under my old user name and do a search of my posts and you will see the time frame i was working out the sponsorship
user name was melissa (wifes name)

dont ask long story..lol
Old 08-14-2004, 11:24 AM
John@Victory

Originally posted by synth19
Tony- When a friend and I started a 350 site last Novemeber, he was in charge of finding sites for banners/etc. He was quoted that sponsorship on this site is $500/month. I know there are different types of sponsorship and fees, but that is the quote he received. PM your email and I can ask him to fwd you that email if you like.
im not doubting you ..but the numbers i just quoted may be on the high side actually..i think a six month was actually lower and also the three month. but i i dont remember exactually as its been 5 months...
now i wasnt getting a banner to go across the top of the forums...only one in my sig and then a vendor spot in classifieds
with a hyperlink to my site...

anyhow its getting a little off topic....my point was...how can you really complain about a free site

Last edited by John@Victory; 08-14-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:43 AM
georgiaboy
Banned

well i guess it deostn matter!! i agree with you, cant complian for a free site
Old 08-14-2004, 11:58 AM
John@Victory

i would like a faster site also but they wont upgrade with forum money and wont let us donate to let us pay for it....so its not worth getting upset about site speed
Old 08-18-2004, 06:43 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the lack of response.

No one should have to pay to support the site. We have plenty of sponsors for that.

Takao does not order me not to respond to these types of questions. I've just been reluctant cause I've answered these types before.

I have a certain goal to reach before the site will be upgraded.

Victor
Old 08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

College Graduation???
Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM
MY350Z.COM

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
College Graduation???
No, hell no. That would be 3~4 years. I wouldn't let this problem drag for that long.

Weird I've noticed is that the site is extremely fast at 1:00AM to 2:00AM. At 2:00 AM everything comes to a stop. Then about 30 mins later it's really quick again to about 5~6:00AM.

So I'm thinking that this server might be shared with some other site that is busy during the day.

Victor
Old 08-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I was joking BTW.

Vic: So what is your "goal"? A certain number of members? Number of posts? Number of Vendors/Sponsors? Your first million dollars in profit? What?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:31 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Mike,

First let me thank you for finally responding. We were beginning to think the worse of this site, you and Tako.

Apparently the bar must be set pretty high if there is something that must be "hit" before an upgrade. Certainly the slow response, constant crashes and downtime would justify it already.

It won't be long and MY350Z will surpass 1,000,000 postings. Each day the searching gets worse because of the growing pool that must be searched.

I don't know about your observations as to what times it gets slow but I certainly can correlate it to the number of members online at a given time. Right now, maybe 50 online and it fast as can be. Later during the day and into the night there are 200+ and it's slow as hell. It seems to get bad once you get past 150 or so.

The reason you might be seeing a real slowdown at 2AM is probably backups of the server. At least that means that you're getting a backup.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:07 AM
MY350Z.COM

I think the main problem is that there is no one behind the wheel. The forum db is running inefficiently and something needs to be cleared out.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:49 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski

I have a certain goal to reach before the site will be upgraded.

Victor
I hope you're getting close to meeting that goal. The "too many connections" and DB errors have become a daily occurance over the last week or so. Then there's Sundays crash.....

I have a feeling My350Z is on the verge of a big DB crash that's going to render it un-usable.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:08 AM
MY350Z.COM

I'm afraid of the same thing, and it sucks that I can't do anything about it.

I'm at 50% on the goal.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Poison123
Google Bot

Vic, if you could PM some info about the site..........like who hosts it and so on I could easily tell you if its on a shared box. But I'm willing to bet it is, since its using mysql most hosting companys when they give you that crappy DB have multiple sites sharing the same server where its hosted on.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:00 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
I'm afraid of the same thing, and it sucks that I can't do anything about it.

I'm at 50% on the goal.

Ooooo... that's not encouraging. It doesn't sound like something that's going to be met anytime soon.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:06 PM
MY350Z.COM

Nope it'll probably be another month.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:39 PM
guru_ck

I agree that this site is so ****ing slow and the people that run it just don't give a ****. Take a look at: http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=my350z.com If you click on the netblock owner (Neucom, Inc.) you can see that this server is sitting in a data center with several other servers with **** sites. What really makes me scratch my head is that Tako has all these exotic cars in his signature but he doesn't do jack **** for the site.

Quick Reply: Why is this site so slooow? Lets pay for an upgrade!