Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
G35cTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured out that I'm not going stroker or anything, but going to just do the pistons and rods deal. maybe sleev but not sure.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:24 AM
QuantumZ

Originally posted by G35cTT
I didn't have a gauge installed yet, wanted to make sure it ran and then put the rest on. No that was on there, it was working fine until the last go at it going home. I think the RPM whipped up to almost 7000 or close to there when the wheels were slippin at that time
Did you have TCS engaged?
So you were definitely ONLY hitting 5.x psi?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:34 PM
G35cTT

Originally posted by QuantumZ
Did you have TCS engaged?
So you were definitely ONLY hitting 5.x psi?
What's TCS? I can't say definite because I didn't have any gauge to go by.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
G35cTT

What's TCS? I can't say definite because I didn't have any gauge to go by.
nope didn't have VDC on
Old 01-16-2005, 03:11 AM
G35cTT

awaiting engine, so far here's what I found
Attached Thumbnails 04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit-copy-of-img_1662.jpg  
Old 01-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Losing Grip II

yummy.

man i feel for you. if i had to do something different from you, it would be that i would have done the TT first, then tune it. Next i would have done the fuel system, then tune it AGAIN.

only thing i can see here that you did wrong what they it wasnt tuned. i can also understand why too. i would have done the same. so close to completion and all you wanna do is taste, or rather, smell victory. then suddenly you wake up and your VQ has one extra hole.

im sure you know this as well as i do. tuning is essential. when i did work on the 993s with superchargers, first thing i would do is do a baseline run. check everything, tear it down or upgrade parts, and dyno it again.

i think what happened with you was maybe your profec wasnt tuned for that fuel system. in fact by what i read, it wasn't. i also assume that by not having that gauge hooked up, you had no way of tell the A/F or boost, which may have alerted you of a too lean mixture or too much boost and thereby saving you, your engine from permanent damage.

i hope the best for you in the future my friend. also dont think for a sec that this sort of thing doesnt happen much. so far ive seen two s2000s say bye bye because someone slapped a whole bunch of parts on just to have it die on the dyno.

anyways man good luck. post pics of the engine when shes done. id love to see before and after pics if you dont mind.

john

Last edited by Losing Grip II; 01-16-2005 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:53 PM
G35cTT

Originally posted by Losing Grip II
yummy.

man i feel for you. if i had to do something different from you, it would be that i would have done the TT first, then tune it. Next i would have done the fuel system, then tune it AGAIN.

only thing i can see here that you did wrong what they it wasnt tuned. i can also understand why too. i would have done the same. so close to completion and all you wanna do is taste, or rather, smell victory. then suddenly you wake up and your VQ has one extra hole.

im sure you know this as well as i do. tuning is essential. when i did work on the 993s with superchargers, first thing i would do is do a baseline run. check everything, tear it down or upgrade parts, and dyno it again.

i think what happened with you was maybe your profec wasnt tuned for that fuel system. in fact by what i read, it wasn't. i also assume that by not having that gauge hooked up, you had no way of tell the A/F or boost, which may have alerted you of a too lean mixture or too much boost and thereby saving you, your engine from permanent damage.

i hope the best for you in the future my friend. also dont think for a sec that this sort of thing doesnt happen much. so far ive seen two s2000s say bye bye because someone slapped a whole bunch of parts on just to have it die on the dyno.

anyways man good luck. post pics of the engine when shes done. id love to see before and after pics if you dont mind.

john
Yea I wish I'd tuned it but I had to go for that test drive to see if it was working ok. I'm about to get busy, awaiting an engine, the guy I'm getting it from can't find the receipt.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Losing Grip II

Yea I wish I'd tuned it but I had to go for that test drive to see if it was working ok. I'm about to get busy, awaiting an engine, the guy I'm getting it from can't find the receipt.
well that can't be good. don't really want a "HOT"engine even tho when your done with the NEW VQ it certainly will be one hot engine.

i also understand the reasoning why you took the car out for those test runs, although i still would have base line dyno'd it before adding that fuel system. either way, we learn from our mistakes and from the mistakes of others. just think about it, in the future i will have my Z force fed. with your incident you have helped me (not yet!) and others going for F/I or already F/I on their Z.

you should concider this the lag before the BOOST!!!!!

haha...

anyways, good luck, have fun and send me some pics damit!!!!!

john
Old 01-16-2005, 08:01 PM
G35cTT

well that can't be good. don't really want a "HOT"engine even tho when your done with the NEW VQ it certainly will be one hot engine.

i also understand the reasoning why you took the car out for those test runs, although i still would have base line dyno'd it before adding that fuel system. either way, we learn from our mistakes and from the mistakes of others. just think about it, in the future i will have my Z force fed. with your incident you have helped me (not yet!) and others going for F/I or already F/I on their Z.

you should concider this the lag before the BOOST!!!!!

haha...

anyways, good luck, have fun and send me some pics damit!!!!!

john
The only reason why I even have that FPR is because Danny previously working at TS said I needed 380cc injectors, a return fuel system and I can run the flash. Turns out when I sent it in they can't flash 04'. I've even sent it in a 2nd time when Brian said they could do it and again sent it back and said they couldn't flash it still instead Tadashi got on the phone saying my car will run really lean. So moving forward just hooked up the e-manage. I will probably go w/ FCon like Phunk and skip the who reflash deal. I will keep you guys posted on my progress, but will probably take a while since I don't have the new engine yet.....stay tuned!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Losing Grip II

The only reason why I even have that FPR is because Danny previously working at TS said I needed 380cc injectors, a return fuel system and I can run the flash. Turns out when I sent it in they can't flash 04'. I've even sent it in a 2nd time when Brian said they could do it and again sent it back and said they couldn't flash it still instead Tadashi got on the phone saying my car will run really lean. So moving forward just hooked up the e-manage. I will probably go w/ FCon like Phunk and skip the who reflash deal. I will keep you guys posted on my progress, but will probably take a while since I don't have the new engine yet.....stay tuned!
good luck man. i really hope shyt works out for you. god knows i would have wanted someone to say that to me while i was tuning my S2000. anyhow, if you could, could you post or email me some pics of what you have now and when your done? have you had the chance to actually go inside the motor? what r u gonna do with the blown motor?

thanks
john
Old 01-18-2005, 08:59 PM
G35cTT

pretty much what I have now is posted here, a blown engine w/ a GReddy TT. I'm planning on going w/ SGP racing rebuild, w/ the FCon.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:28 AM
G35cTT

pulled my spark plugs 1 is still stuck in there, and 3 were OK and the other 2 shown below.
Attached Thumbnails 04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit-img_1668.jpg  
Old 01-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Losing Grip II

pulled my spark plugs 1 is still stuck in there, and 3 were OK and the other 2 shown below.
those dont look to healthy.....

can i eat them?

john
Old 01-19-2005, 02:05 PM
G35cTT

those dont look to healthy.....

can i eat them?

john
haha yea doesn't look too good huh
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Losing Grip II

haha yea doesn't look too good huh
aint' nothing Windex can't fix, thats for sure!!

haha
john
Old 01-29-2005, 12:31 PM
G35cTT

I'll put more updates on this url here www.g35turbo.com
Old 02-13-2005, 03:52 AM
G35cTT

Default Pulled engine & tranny

Pulled the engine and tranny, wasn't too bad of a task about 5hrs total 3hrs for the engine and 2hrs for the tranny. Now it's time to tear it all apart. post some pics later
Old 02-13-2005, 04:02 AM
G35cTT

here's the tranny, we used a tranny jack to get it out which made it really easy
Attached Thumbnails 04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit-tranny.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 04:07 AM
G35cTT

BIG OL EMPTY SPACE, took it out like gq_626 took off the ac and power steering left it hanging on the side, pulled off the radiator fan and pulled out the engine. Will have all the pictures posted on the site below in a couple days.
Attached Thumbnails 04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit-img_1854.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 10:13 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how hard was it taking out the tranny? so a tranny jack is highly recommended? did you have plenty of room to work with, with the jack stands? what was the hardest part when you took out the tranny? Do you have a DIY on taking out the tranny?

btw the car looks good.. hopefully the rebuild will go smoothly

Quick Reply: 04 G35 w/ Greddy Twin Turbo kit