Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SSR/SFR Twin Turbo 510WHP @ 13.8 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:51 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Silo
Could you do an overlay with the standard kit's curves? Are the same turbos used on this setup?

I will see about an overlay.The same turbos are used on this set-up.Actually everything is the same with the exception of the fuel injectors, fuel controller (which now has the ability to retard timing) and the wastegate springs which were replaced with .8 bar springs.We also added a nice fuel system to support the power.Our goal is 600 at the wheels at 18 psi and 700 at the wheels at 24psi. We will be re-dynoing once the motor has a few more miles on it.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TurboTim
I will see about an overlay.The same turbos are used on this set-up.Actually everything is the same with the exception of the fuel injectors, fuel controller (which now has the ability to retard timing) and the wastegate springs which were replaced with .8 bar springs.We also added a nice fuel system to support the power.Our goal is 600 at the wheels at 18 psi and 700 at the wheels at 24psi. We will be re-dynoing once the motor has a few more miles on it.
Awesome. So with this kit I would definately be able to make the 650rwhp and rwtq mark easily with the HKS F-Con V-Pro?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Silo

Tim, I was wondering what happend before 2500 rpm on this run... I mean, the torque wasn't at 350 ft/lb right away, correct? I mean, the power curve is wonderfull but on the other hand, why does the torque curve fall off (even though pretty flat) right after 2500...

Last edited by Silo; 01-24-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:11 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Tim, I was wondering what happend before 2500 rpm on this run... I mean, the torque wasn't at 350 ft/lb right away, correct? I mean, the power curve is wonderfull but on the other hand, why does the torque curve falls off (even though pretty flat) right after 2500...

On this 402WHP run, the torque is over 300 ft/lbs from 1700 rpms till redline.The torque does fall off slightly but it is still as flat as a torque curve as I have seen.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 PM
MEGA_BB6_Turbo

what size injectors?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Silo

That's amazing! And all that with a "30 year old compressor design".... (quoting someone from another thread)

I will contact you by e-mail...
Old 01-24-2005, 12:49 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by MEGA_BB6_Turbo
what size injectors?
we use 550cc injectors with the kit, here is the dyno layover for those that asked. I apologize for it not being EXACTLY on but it's pretty close

Old 01-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Silo

These curves are dope, Tim! Thumbs up!

But something is different on the two setups as both power and torque start off lower for the higher boost curves. Since the wastegate springs were tighter on for this setup this is unexpexted IMHO. Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2005, 03:04 PM
SSR Engineering

These curves are dope, Tim! Thumbs up!

But something is different on the two setups as both power and torque start off lower for the higher boost curves. Since the wastegate springs were tighter on for this setup this is unexpexted IMHO. Any ideas?
The lower boost chart is supposed to start at 2500RPMs (like i said the chart isn't exactly on but it's close)
Old 01-24-2005, 04:22 PM
basam350z

What EM unit do you use and what fuel system are you running? Let's get some details, cause anyone can put on some manifolds and turbos. The important part is that the engine management, fuel delivery and timing are all precise.

Numbers and A/F on the dyno look good though. Looking forward to the info.

One more thing Price ???
Old 01-24-2005, 05:01 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by basam350z
What EM unit do you use and what fuel system are you running? Let's get some details, cause anyone can put on some manifolds and turbos. The important part is that the engine management, fuel delivery and timing are all precise.

One more thing Price ???
We are using the Split Second PSC-1 air fuel calibrator, 550cc injectors, custom stainless fuel return lines, and an sx 1:1 fuel pressure regulator.

The price through us is $7795.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:04 PM
damen

this kit doesn't retard timing but, can you still get a split second box to control that?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:25 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally posted by basam350z

One more thing Price ???

On this set-up we upgraded the P1SC to the FTC which does control timing.We used an external SX pump and reg along with the 550cc injectors.If someone has the basic SSR/SFR twin turbo system then they are looking at spending an additional $1000 or so to cover the fuel and timing needs.We plan on running 18 psi this week and hoping to see 600 at the wheels but we might need to run some 680cc injectors which I have ready and waiting:^)
Old 01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
SSR Engineering

Originally posted by damen
this kit doesn't retard timing but, can you still get a split second box to control that?
Yes you can the Split Second FTC is just a few hundred more and controls both timing and fuel.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
IceY2K1Max

Hmmmnn.....I wonder how you found out about those.

BTW, they're 60lbs/hr or 630cc at 3bar(don't rate them at 3.5bar to sound bigger), but they'll flow upto 85lbs/hr at 87psi.

http://www.mototron.com/prod_minifuel_long.htm

Nice work Albert....

....but we might need to run some 680cc injectors which I have ready and waiting:^)
Old 01-24-2005, 06:13 PM
going deep

Is it really possible to gain 90hp going from 13.8psi to 18psi especially with your CR? I know its not exactly linear. Also, if you plan on going up to 18psi, do you ever plan on going with a bigger wastegate spring, like a 1 bar or something? Given the fact you're at .8 bar or 11.5psi, and you plan on going up to 18psi, which is about 50% more than the new stock setting in the wastegate, what percentage would you say you should not exceed?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:15 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally posted by IceY2K1Max
Hmmmnn.....I wonder how you found out about those.

BTW, they're 60lbs/hr or 630cc at 3bar(don't rate them at 3.5bar to sound bigger), but they'll flow upto 85lbs/hr at 87psi.

http://www.mototron.com/prod_minifuel_long.htm

Nice work Albert....

The injectors we are using are indeed 680cc:^) And yes, if you up the fuel pressure, you can get more out of them. Ideally we dont want to run more then 3 bar of pressure becasue you dont want to exceed four bar of pressure at the rail (under boost) to get good atomization.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:20 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Is it really possible to gain 90hp going from 13.8psi to 18psi especially with your CR?

Oh yes.Actually I figured that we are making about 21 horsepower per psi of boost(10.5 hp from each turbo) and at 18 psi we are in the turbos sweet spot.

I know its not exactly linear. Also, if you plan on going up to 18psi, do you ever plan on going with a bigger wastegate spring, like a 1 bar or something?

Possibly but we would like to be able to run as low as 12 psi if we ever needed to (you know like in the rain or at the track).This car will be at Willow Springs this weekend to kick *** on some 996TT and GT3's so we would like to start off low and work our way up.

Given the fact you're at .8 bar or 11.5psi, and you plan on going up to 18psi, which is about 50% more than the new stock setting in the wastegate, what percentage would you say you should not exceed?

Well we have had good success running at 100% of the spring rating using a nice boost controller ofcourse.I wouldnt reccomend running more then that even though it is feasible.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
going deep

Is it really possible to gain 90hp going from 13.8psi to 18psi especially with your CR?

Oh yes.Actually I figured that we are making about 21 horsepower per psi of boost(10.5 hp from each turbo) and at 18 psi we are in the turbos sweet spot.

I know its not exactly linear. Also, if you plan on going up to 18psi, do you ever plan on going with a bigger wastegate spring, like a 1 bar or something?

Possibly but we would like to be able to run as low as 12 psi if we ever needed to (you know like in the rain or at the track).This car will be at Willow Springs this weekend to kick *** on some 996TT and GT3's so we would like to start off low and work our way up.

Given the fact you're at .8 bar or 11.5psi, and you plan on going up to 18psi, which is about 50% more than the new stock setting in the wastegate, what percentage would you say you should not exceed?

Well we have had good success running at 100% of the spring rating using a nice boost controller ofcourse.I wouldnt reccomend running more then that even though it is feasible.
Thanks for the info, my engine should be going back in this week and I actually have a set of .8 and 1 bar springs. My CR is similiar to yours at 8.6:1, so hopefully my numbers are close to yours at similiar psi levels. I know its an entirely different setup, but I haven't seen anyones elses numbers with TTs at that boost level.

Do you plan on running slicks or drag radials this weekend? Try and post a video if you can, I am sure that would be insane run!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
damen

turbotim, i still don't understand how with your kit you don't need to retard any timing. can you elaborate on this.

Quick Reply: SSR/SFR Twin Turbo 510WHP @ 13.8 PSI