Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Crank Angle Sensor signal intergrity

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^damn^^^ I missed it.

I think there is a kit for every user. I just appreciate APS sharing this confidential technical information with us.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:02 PM
APS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by gq_626
And I REALLY appreciate Peter and APS sharing this information with us publicly. Enough though it doesnt benifit them financially, its terrific that they are helping people with other kits, potentiall avoid a disaster. On behalf of everyone with F/I kits on the 350Z.....thank you!
No problem at all to help with this information pertaining to the crank angle sensor signal though please understand this is not a solution that will postively guarantee bullet proof engine performane on FI engines, it's just an one of those strange issues that can cause scattered ignition timing on an intermittent basis.

Ultimately all Forced Induction systems require an ignition timing map with correct ignition timing parameters across all load and rpm sites (for a given fuel cctane number) to ensure safe engine operation and to avoid detonation.

The best way to acheive a safe and powerful tuning strategy is to utilise an experienced dyno/engine tuner with a true load based dyno who can set all of the tuning parameters (air/fuel ratio, ign timing, and boost pressure) for safe optimum performance.

Thanks

Peter
Old 01-27-2005, 07:16 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by Philthy
I somewhat disagree with you... Peter has won me over with his willingness to share this information, and I'm sure many others will be equally impressed by APS actions.

This may not provide them with immediate - instant gratification, but consumer/brand loyalty is the ‘Holy Grail’ and I’m certain people that were on the fence between APS and another company’s product will see this as the determining factor in their buying decision whether it’s immediate or in the future.

Great job Peter, I applaud you and APS for your efforts. It's a happy day when a manufacturer is willing to go above the call of duty and not just hang around the forums to push their product(s).
Many thanks Philthy and if this crank angle sensor signal information from APS saves only a handful of forum members from destroying engines then I will be extremely pleased and I'm positive the guys will be also.

It's critical technical information to be aware of though I sincerely hope forum members don't become to casual about the real issue which is correct tuning data for the fuel octane utilised.

Happy boosting to all.

Peter
Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by 350G
We definitely appreciate the write up . . . what really cracks me up is how everyone moans about the price of the APS TT. Take any other kit, add a fuel & timing solution, and install the CAS fix . . . Depending on how much you paid, the APS price is virtually equal and requires no hacks! Anyone want my Greddy kit?

Thanks for your kind words and I'm very hopeful that over time many Z enthusiasts will come to realize the genuine high value built into every APS turbo system, that's not only the high quality of the APS components in addition and as importantly the integrity of the engineering, design, and testing of all APS products.

Thanks

Peter
Old 01-28-2005, 04:36 PM
luanda

I for one have never once questioned the price/value of the APS as far as turbo setups go....I just decided a supercharger was the way to go for me.

The willingness for tuners to share such information and thereby prove the excellence in their product is what separates the men from the boys.