Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Anyone plan on more than 550WHP

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 PM
bruschijr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone plan on more than 550WHP

I'm setting everything up for 600WHP, hopefully with a port and polish and 1mm oversizevalves I can take some stress off the engine and have the same stresses as 550WHP since I dont think I'll need as much boost...

So who plans on going above 550WHP and what are your plans on keeping the engine alive... so far it seems the block should hold up well at that number and well beyond...

Anyone have any concerns about what could happen above those numbers and what there is or what they plan on doing about it..
Old 02-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do.

I plan to do 515 - 530rwhp daily on 93 octane.

650rwhp and rwtq on 93 octane.

750rwhp and rwtq on race gas.

(three different maps, and be able to switch between them fairly easily).
Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
spazpilot

I only plan on tuning to 550rwhp mainly because this is my daily and only car. Anything more I have a feeling things other then the motor will start breaking. I have no intention of making it a non streetable car and going much over 550rwhp is power that may not be able to put to the ground on street tires.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:33 PM
bruschijr

who says you need street tires... LOL

How's 433WHP treating ya spaz... have any control difficulties? It'll suck for me for a while... cause I'm only going to have stock tires... or mickey's... one or the other...
Old 02-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by bruschijr

How's 433WHP treating ya spaz... have any control difficulties? It'll suck for me for a while... cause I'm only going to have stock tires... or mickey's... one or the other...
Just drive on drag radials all the time!

And slicks for higher boosting!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:55 PM
DSport G35

I plan to make around 500-550 on 91 Octane(California Gas Sucks) and 550-700 on race gas. This is going to be with a built motor and Vortech supercharger setup.

The only two things i'm really worried about are the transmission and the rear axles. I'm definitely going to look into the Driveshaft Shop Rear Axle Kit, but i'll be interested in seeing what the stock ones can handle.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
spazpilot

On the toyo's it was pretty bad. Now with the KDW's New Tread, these tires are simply awsome. Traction is very managable. running 19x9 and 19x11 with 245/35 and 285/35. Other then that the stock block is going on 1 year at this power and no problems.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 PM
bruschijr

i guess we'll know probably in about a month what parts can and can't handle that power... looks like a whole bunch of people are gonna have thier engines done very soon... doesn't look like that many are going to go for 600 as fast as I am though... Hmm.. im not sure if I want to be the pioneer... but I know SGP built a car and it dynoed at like 617 WHP with no transmission or other drivetrain mods.. abdullah was the name... and didnt boulder nissan get that high? I wonder if they have run into any problems since then... anyone know?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by spazpilot
On the toyo's it was pretty bad. Now with the KDW's New Tread, these tires are simply awsome. Traction is very managable. running 19x9 and 19x11 with 245/35 and 285/35. Other then that the stock block is going on 1 year at this power and no problems.
Just wondering if you have a shielded crank and cam angle sensor wire?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

i guess we'll know probably in about a month what parts can and can't handle that power... looks like a whole bunch of people are gonna have thier engines done very soon... doesn't look like that many are going to go for 600 as fast as I am though... Hmm.. im not sure if I want to be the pioneer... but I know SGP built a car and it dynoed at like 617 WHP with no transmission or other drivetrain mods.. abdullah was the name... and didnt boulder nissan get that high? I wonder if they have run into any problems since then... anyone know?
Are you talking about street 350Zs only?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:04 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Just wondering if you have a shielded crank and cam angle sensor wire?
Nope, no crank or cam angle sheild, I must have one of the better tolerance cars. But then again there are three cars here in the dallas area running in the 425+rwhp with no problems. could be the weather
Old 02-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by spazpilot
Nope, no crank or cam angle sheild, I must have one of the better tolerance cars. But then again there are three cars here in the dallas area running in the 425+rwhp with no problems. could be the weather
Yeah, something must be in the air down there. The fastest VQ35DE 350Z ran it's fastest time in Texas. (Performance Motorsports)

Old 02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
bruschijr

honestly... lol.. i dont know what the difference is... street 350z's? what did you mean.. the way it was worded either i dont know what street means and i thought I did or who knows... do you mean cars driven on the street?? and not track only cars?? Cause i believe abdullahs car was dynoe'd as a street car at 617.9 WHP on 93 pump gas at 17.5 pounds of boost... its on SGP's website... I haven't heard of anything of his breaking at that level
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

honestly... lol.. i dont know what the difference is... street 350z's? what did you mean.. the way it was worded either i dont know what street means and i thought I did or who knows... do you mean cars driven on the street?? and not track only cars?? Cause i believe abdullahs car was dynoe'd as a street car at 617.9 WHP on 93 pump gas at 17.5 pounds of boost... its on SGP's website... I haven't heard of anything of his breaking at that level
I meant street 350Zs as in, able to be driven on the street and not a track-only car.

Because I was going to say Performance Motorsports is just one who has DOUBLED that number (ran an 8.33 in Texas, I believe it was Houston, over 1400hp, stock crank, stock intake plenum, Darton sleeve liners, stock body, drag only car though).
Old 02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
bruschijr

ok well that's proof right there that worrying about the crankshaft is out of the question... 1400... wow.. pretty cool..
I hope cylinder walls will be able to take the torture.. theyre pretty thick.. but for your question... yes.. i was referring to street cars either daily driven or in my case... weekend warriors... but only if its sunny out
Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

ok well that's proof right there that worrying about the crankshaft is out of the question... 1400... wow.. pretty cool..
I hope cylinder walls will be able to take the torture.. theyre pretty thick.. but for your question... yes.. i was referring to street cars either daily driven or in my case... weekend warriors... but only if its sunny out
Yeah. I believe SGP Racing has built the highest rwhp 350Z street-driven for now.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
2JZfan

Default Re: Anyone plan on more than 550WHP

[B]I'm setting everything up for 600WHP, hopefully with a port and polish and 1mm oversizevalves I can take some stress off the engine and have the same stresses as 550WHP since I dont think I'll need as much boost...
This sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't really work that way... hp and torque are directly proportional to cylinder pressure... cylinder pressure is going to come from burning X amount of fuel, which requires Y amount of air... sure, 15psi on a ported head might make as much power as 18psi on a stock head, but that's only because the ported head let more air into the cylinder at a lower pressure... once the valve closes and the compression/combustion cycles begin, the motor doesn't "know" or "care" about how sweet your ports, valves, etc. are... it only "sees" what is in the cylinder...

the only minor difference will be in terms of intake air temps (15psi would be a little cooler than 18psi) but with good intercooling and given the fact that the changes in boost will be relatively small, this is a marginal effect at best...

i'm not saying to skip the head porting, i'm just saying that the actual safety of the motor isn't going to be improved by this mod... this is a very common misconception though, i'm not trying to harp on you... you see people all the time -- when discussing all makes of cars -- throw out "absolute" boost numbers like "don't ever run more than 25psi"... hell, even AEBS quotes a max boost level (16psi) for stock sleeves, but as mentioned above (by me and you) Xpsi of boost doesn't necessarily tell you anything about how much power it is making... power is what determines the stress and whether or not the parts will fail...

anyway, my soapbox is getting kinda wobbly, i'll step down now
Old 02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
2JZfan

Default Re: Anyone plan on more than 550WHP

n/m
Old 02-17-2005, 05:38 AM
VALERIA

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Yeah. I believe SGP Racing has built the highest rwhp 350Z street-driven for now.
when you say this you mean 617 WHP on 93 octane best so far?

correct me if I misunderstood you.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:49 AM
bruschijr

thats the best I have found on a (STREET) configuration... not a full race configuration

Quick Reply: Anyone plan on more than 550WHP