Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Which SUPERCHARGER is least likely...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:46 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO in your opinion which one does have the best Engine Management?
ALso I beleive that our internals have plenty to do with why the engine says goodbye

Last edited by EnthuZiast; 03-20-2005 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:20 AM
JimRHIT

Tom,

You can install a Vortech, have it professionally tuned....and fugggetaboutit ... it will be fine for a long, long time.

HOWEVER, just as our car is sensitive to "bolt on mods" ... and many think needs a reflash after you add exhaust, headers, intake etc ... this system is even more sensitive, so if you do mod that car after the tuning .. you need to get retuned.

This goes for ANY of the SC systems, but HKS cannot take to mods well AT ALL .... one guy here has spent $13,000 on his non-built motored HKS and he is only making 330whp.

The best engine management for yourself (a self-admitted newbie) is one that you cannot touch, which in my opinion is a ECU reflash. That is only done with the turbonetics and PE turbo kits.
I still feel that the Vortech's R4 is great, but it allows the user to tune it (if you choose to hookup a laptop, get the software and hack away) .... but still could be bad for the curious mind

Your camber is FINE, don't buy a camber kit. Unless you are lowered? Are you? If you do, go to IAPDirect.com, they have the best price.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:27 AM
EnthuZiast

Jim you are the MAN!
Not Lowered
Planning to go as wide as I can on the rears w/out rub.

One more major question. Power Curve. Ive heard alot of people say that the Vortec only kicks on hard during WOT where the the STillen gives you more power at the lower RPM range. Is this true?

Ok Ok . SO I buy the vortec and have it put on by a buddy. THEN I go to the best tune shop I can find here (DynoComp IMO) and have it tuned? Is this your suggestion?
Old 03-20-2005, 11:02 AM
JimRHIT

If your car is not lowered, you can fit up to a 315 with the right offsets on the wheels that'd be nice

Vortech (as a centrifugal SC) by nature "builds up" with RPM. The amount of boost is directly related to the engine RPMs ... so anywhere below 2k it should feel like stock ... at 3k you are making 40 more hp, 4k 60 more, 5k 80 more ... and so forth .. it is a nice even delivery.

It is not instant on ... always there power ... it is a more driveable and called on when needed sort of power. Believe me, its there and its always ready though This way is just more controllable.

If you have a friend that you believe can do the job correctly, then absolutely have him do it .. save some coin there. And yes, head straight to the best tuner in your area (call ahead to make sure they can work with a SplitSecond/R4 system [Vortech's system]) and boom () you're done. You now have a 375+ whp Z ... all on Nissan's dollar

Good luck with it man ... keep the questions coming if you have anything on your mind. This is a big purchase and you want to go into it knowing everything. That's why this board is here for guys like us ... we can learn ANYTHING about these cars here better than a Nissan tech would ever tell us.

- jim
Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 PM
AdamDC

All people ever talk about is that stillen makes lower numbers. The most important thing is the graph. Look where Stillen makes gobs of torque more than the centrifugal chargers (in case you don't look up the graphs it's 2000-5000). For me, this is where I do the majority of my driving. If you spend all your time at 6000+ then go with vortech or ATI. For me the eaton type really works, they are much more efficient at the lower rpm, they lose their efficiency as the engine speed increases.

Go find some people in your area and see if they will take you for a ride. That's what I did, and I bought a stillen.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:11 PM
G352NV

I really didnt like the hood option on the stillen.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
EnthuZiast

Good luck with it man ... keep the questions coming if you have anything on your mind. This is a big purchase and you want to go into it knowing everything. That's why this board is here for guys like us ... we can learn ANYTHING about these cars here better than a Nissan tech would ever tell us.
Thanks Jim that means alot to me! Dude if you need any B&O stuff even though I dont work there I will do everything I can to try and get it AT COST for you.

To be honest Im not that huge of fan of how the Vortec (and others like it build power) Im sure I will still love that but Id rather have 80WHP on tap right under my foot. I dont want to have to gun it and then wait for a rush of power to build and I dont want to rev-match all day to stay in the sweet spot.

Athough a Stillen STage 2 w/hood would most likely put me over budget
Someone keyed my hood so it might be a wide investment anyway.
Maybe a used one will pop up on here
Old 03-20-2005, 01:03 PM
G352NV

There is no rush of power. The climb is smooth! Our motors have enough hp to get it going so you really dont notice it. The car hit redline before you know it. Its like driving a whole new car.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:38 PM
EnthuZiast

There is no rush of power. The climb is smooth! Our motors have enough hp to get it going so you really dont notice it. The car hit redline before you know it. Its like driving a whole new car.
this makes NO SENSE to me. You really dont notice but at the same time its a whole new car? ALso which charger are you reffering to??
Old 03-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
This goes for ANY of the SC systems, but HKS cannot take to mods well AT ALL .... one guy here has spent $13,000 on his non-built motored HKS and he is only making 330whp.
Yep. The HKS is made for a BONE STOCK 350Z, the ONLY modification you could do that you won't have a problem with it is a cat-back exhaust. One way to be able to have more than just a cat-back exhaust is to switch from the HKS F-Con S to the HKS F-Con V-Pro (different engine management).

I also agree about the reflash being safer.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:20 PM
NoahzBurnt

After doing searches on Superchargers (for 8 months) I still cannot make up my mind.

I was set on TWINS but now would much rather have an always on 350rwhp or so at tap all day long.

Most of my car is appearance...

BUt I have cams, INJEN angled, AEM CAI and that's about it.....

Which complete kit would allow me an out of the box, safe 80 or so rwhp.

I'm sure i'll crave more but 80 horses should have me smiling for at least a few months!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:46 PM
AdamDC

All of them will work with the cams and give you 80hp safe and out of the box. That isn't really the point. All the people hypothesizing about what they want and the numbers they want really need to get in the car a drive. The only way to chose what you want is to get a ride in it.

To some extent they all do the same thing, make the car go faster.

And if you really don't like the stillen hood, that is a perfectly legitimate reason not to get a stillen. I like the hood, I feel that it makes my black roadster stand out just a little, but not too much.

Last edited by AdamDC; 03-20-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by AdamDC
All of them will work with the cams and give you 80hp safe and out of the box. That isn't really the point. All the people hypothesizing about what they want and the numbers they want really need to get in the car a drive. The only way to chose what you want is to get a ride in it.

To some extent they all do the same thing, make the car go faster.

And if you really don't like the stillen hood, that is a perfectly legitimate reason not to get a stillen. I like the hood, I feel that it makes my black roadster stand out just a little, but not too much.
HKS will not work with any mod other than a cat-back exhaust just to clarify.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:29 PM
G352NV

Originally Posted by EnthuZiast
this makes NO SENSE to me. You really dont notice but at the same time its a whole new car? ALso which charger are you reffering to??
Vortech, what I was trying to say is, its not like hit the gas and hold on for the rush. Its smooth and climbs to redline very fast from the get! The whole new car I was talking about is that fact that I added 100hp, its like shift shift shift! Now this is coming from someone that installed the system on his car three days ago. So the old feel is still freash in my mind! Hope that clears things up.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
EnthuZiast

thats that makes much more sense
congrats by the way!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I know these were just two cars, but look at the dyno graphs of the ATI and Vortech cars in the shootout. That can't be good for the engine.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:19 PM
NoahzBurnt

So HKS is out

Now out of the Stage-3 Stillen, Vortech and Pro-Charger

Which one is the best for stock internals???
Which whistles the least but has the best BOV sound?
Which has the best engine-management for a complete install and forget about it solution??
Which out-of-the-box solutions yeilds a realistic 80-100rwhp w/ little to no outside tuning???

I have been in Greddy TT and ATI procharged Z's....completely diff feel....so I am ready to take the superchrgr plunge but really want an install and drive type system...hence why I am no longer going turbo...i just wanna have it installed and forget about constant remapping and what not....
Old 03-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
So HKS is out

Now out of the Stage-3 Stillen, Vortech and Pro-Charger

Which one is the best for stock internals???
Which whistles the least but has the best BOV sound?
Which has the best engine-management for a complete install and forget about it solution??
Which out-of-the-box solutions yeilds a realistic 80-100rwhp w/ little to no outside tuning???

I have been in Greddy TT and ATI procharged Z's....completely diff feel....so I am ready to take the superchrgr plunge but really want an install and drive type system...hence why I am no longer going turbo...i just wanna have it installed and forget about constant remapping and what not....
Probably Vortech or Stillen.
The Stillen doesn't have a BOV AFAIK, so you can rule that out.
Stillen or Vortech.
Vortech.

I would suggest Vortech, it's the best supercharger available IMO.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Just curious as to why you ruled out ATI so quickly. It makes the most power and has the most potential just needs tuning control. I know at least 4 local guys with the ATI with no problems. Sounds like a jet.

Vortech OR ATI would be my choice. Stillen would be out immediately because of the hood if nothing else.
Vortech requires oil pan tapping. ATI doesn't.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Just curious as to why you ruled out ATI so quickly. It makes the most power and has the most potential just needs tuning control. I know at least 4 local guys with the ATI with no problems. Sounds like a jet.

Vortech OR ATI would be my choice. Stillen would be out immediately because of the hood if nothing else.
Vortech requires oil pan tapping. ATI doesn't.
The problems with ATI and the seperate oil container. One more thing to worry about IMO.

Quick Reply: Which SUPERCHARGER is least likely...