Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Which SUPERCHARGER is least likely...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 12:56 PM
g35twinturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HankVQ
Enthuziast, where did you find the Stillen Stage 2 for that price? Sounds good to me.

Redline, will the Tilton street clutch handle that kind of power? I know some of the FI guys have swapped gears for taller ones to stay in boost longer but I am curious how the lower 3.9 gears would be with the Stillen? I guess we will find out.

http://infinitipa.zoovy.com/product/407360IC

SHHH DONT TELL HIM I TOLD U
Old 03-27-2005, 01:01 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Thats not the place but thanks for the link
Old 03-27-2005, 02:27 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by EnthuZiast
Cause they are Chevys. Not exactly bulletproof my friend.
How many Corvettes have you owned? I've owned seven, and rattles and squeaks aside (and those are probably a thing of the past as well), the powertrains have been "bulletproof".......much more so than any FI 350Z could ever hope to be, "my friend." I drove a C6 on Friday as a basis for deciding whether or not to go FI in the Z or just buy a 400 NA HP car.

The Vette is superb performer, but the styling leaves me cold....maybe it will grow on me. I'm still undecided, but since you have an APS dealer close to you (Dyno-Comp) I'd wouldn't hesitate to get the APS TT system, or wait for the Single Turbo system, which is closer to your budget. There isn't an APS dealer (or any good tuner shop) anywhere near where I live, otherwise I'd be all over it and not even considering the Vette.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:49 PM
EnthuZiast

The Vette is superb performer, but the styling leaves me cold....maybe it will grow on me. I'm still undecided, but since you have an APS dealer close to you (Dyno-Comp) I'd wouldn't hesitate to get the APS TT system, or wait for the Single Turbo system, which is closer to your budget. There isn't an APS dealer (or any good tuner shop) anywhere near where I live, otherwise I'd be all over it and not even considering the Vette.
Did you even read the whole thread?

Actually i think the Vette is the exception to teh Chevy Car Quality rule.Actually to go even further i think the new Z06 will be the hands down best Bang for Buck performance car on the planet.
Also the APSTT could cost just as little as teh Stiien and I still would not by it because as stated before I do not feel it is safe to do any Twin Turbo without forged Internals

And I do not believe for a second that Chevy is now all of a second making high quality cars that do not rattle. I took a ride in a friends 2003 Malibu and it just plain BLOWS. Shakes/shi!tty plastic/weak power/looks like @ss (subjective)

Just my .02 cents
Old 03-27-2005, 02:49 PM
EnthuZiast

P.S> My bro owned a 99 C5 that I clocked over 2,000 miles in myself.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
redline350ZZ

EnthuZiast

The stock Rear gear's are 3.53 and the one I installed are 3.91 if you calcualate the diffrence its a little over 10% in change....

Then I also have the lightweight flywheel and clutch combo....16lbs vs the 52 Nissan setup thats over a 1/3 loss of the original weight.....

So in *****Theory***** one would have to have 10% more WHP than me to be equal in acceleration.... If both drivers were the same....

So my 350WHP would be about 388WHP in a Z without the Gear change.....

There are disadvantages though as I loose top end....But in HAWAII the speed is 55MPH so its all good.....

Also if you dont have Drag tires or SLICKS its sometimes pointless to 1/4.... you have a greater potential to spin 1st and 2nd gear.....as I do a lot...

And if you think you might track this car with this mod get a better LSD.... I wish i had cause it helps so much..... now i have to tear apart my rear once again....

Last edited by redline350ZZ; 03-27-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:07 PM
ZZtopp

Did you even read the whole thread?

Also the APSTT could cost just as little as teh Stiien and I still would not by it because as stated before I do not feel it is safe to do any Twin Turbo without forged Internals

And I do not believe for a second that Chevy is now all of a second making high quality cars that do not rattle. I took a ride in a friends 2003 Malibu and it just plain BLOWS. Shakes/shi!tty plastic/weak power/looks like @ss (subjective)

Just my .02 cents

If you're so scared of the APS TT system (which hasn't blown ONE engine), I did mention the APS single turbo system. Relax...slow down and read what I wrote.

"And I do not believe for a second that Chevy is now all of a second making high quality cars that do not rattle. I took a ride in a friends 2003 Malibu and it just plain BLOWS. Shakes/shi!tty plastic/weak power/looks like @ss"

Aren't you the one who said the Vette is the exception to the Chevy car quality rule? Have you driven one? Have you even been in one? No, you draw the comparison to your friend's Malibu.....a $20,000 car compared to $50,000 car that is built to completely different standards in its own factory. BRILLIANT.

You obviously seem to talk out your a$$ about things you know nothing about. You ask for input because you don't have the knowledge to make an informed choice, and then act like you know everything.

Good luck with your car....sounds like you'll need it.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Relax! This thread is not about Chevys, it's about superchargers and the Z. Sorry you got your feelings hurt about the vette but lets try to bring this back on topic.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:41 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Relax! This thread is not about Chevys, it's about superchargers and the Z. Sorry you got your feelings hurt about the vette but lets try to bring this back on topic.
It's nothing to do with my feelings....duh.....it's about ignorance. And if you'll notice, I didn't bring up the Vette stuff......and I did make a suggestion about a possible sensible, safe choice in the APS single turbo system.

If you're gonna be a self-appointed ref, watch the game a little more closely.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
EnthuZiast

ZZTopp I am trying to keep this topic on track so I will say my piece and continue:

The comment you made was in response to my comment about Chevy's in general. I not only drove a C5 MANY MANY times as noted above I also was giving respect to the Corvette pedigree before you so rudely chimed in.

Another thing...I don't know who the F*CK you think you are talking to but be very careful who you call ignorant.
I think Chevy makes poor quality cars and the Vtte is the exception in many departments. Still most Chevys are and will continued to be made in Mexico at sub-par plants using below average material. You do not have to agree but make points to back up your statements...calling me ignorant is not a point....its an insult.

ANd yes I came hear for questions because I am humbled by the knowledge that out FI MEMBERS something you ARE NOT have about the Z and its capability.

If you think the APS is just as safe as the Stiellen SC than I think its you who needs to do some more self-education on the subject
____________________________________________________________ ______________
Now that I have wasted my time how would you guys recommend paying for something like this. Can someone explian the paypal escrow system to me like I was 5 I think I may have found a seller!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:30 AM
copba1t

thats why i will buy a Stillen Stage II and keep it always at stock boost.
Haha, that's what everyone says, you'll see
Old 03-28-2005, 01:50 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys, try to stay on topic and chill with the name-calling and trash talking.

As far as Chevy quality vs. Nissan quality, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Nissan and Chevy are both pretty crappy, end of story.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh and, enthuziast, you may want to think about how many people have went from a supercharger to a turbo kit from the lack of power...just a thought before you take the plunge. A few cases...one of them had a Vortech for only 3 weeks before going to a GReddy twin turbo kit. Another has a built motor and had a Stillen stage 3 and sold the Stillen to get an APS TT kit. And not to mention a few that had problems with ATI and lack of power and just gave in and bought a twin turbo kit.

Just something to think about. You are going to spend 4000-8000 with whatever you choose, it should NOT be a rushed decision.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:33 AM
NoahzBurnt

I have now been in everything except for a stillen.......I have made up my mind now.....after being in MRC's 407hp APS TT.....I cannot and will not be satisfied with a "measly" 80WHP.....now his car has 70K with stock internals...9psi and HOLY wow.....I want his set-up but with a little more umph...I am hoping to go 500hp to the whells now via a tuned Greddy TT....so I better start saving so I can AEBS it to a 6.5:1 compression with forged internals....a 4.3 V6 all forged with 24psi....should be enough to keep me satisfied!!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:34 AM
ZZtopp

[QUOTE=EnthuZiast]ZZTopp I am trying to keep this topic on track so I will say my piece and continue:

The comment you made was in response to my comment about Chevy's in general. I not only drove a C5 MANY MANY times as noted above I also was giving respect to the Corvette pedigree before you so rudely chimed in.

Another thing...I don't know who the F*CK you think you are talking to but be very careful who you call ignorant.
I think Chevy makes poor quality cars and the Vtte is the exception in many departments. Still most Chevys are and will continued to be made in Mexico at sub-par plants using below average material. You do not have to agree but make points to back up your statements...calling me ignorant is not a point....its an insult.

ANd yes I came hear for questions because I am humbled by the knowledge that out FI MEMBERS something you ARE NOT have about the Z and its capability.

If you think the APS is just as safe as the Stiellen SC than I think its you who needs to do some more self-education on the subject

Dude.....relax. I originally posted here to give you some constructive input, but the first thing you did is jump on me because you think I didn't read every one of your precious posts.

Two things: You did draw the comparision between a Malibu and the Corvette. In any situation, that is just plain igonorant. Sorry, but it is. Get over it. Also, I mentioned the APS kit because you're lucky enough to live near what I've heard is pretty good APS dealer/installer, Dyno-Comp. I said you might consider the single turbo kit, but apparently you only read "twin turbo" and jumped on me because you assumed I wasn't aware of your firm conviction that this system is too dangerous for your engine. How dare I be so impudent, huh?

Look....I'm not here to fight. In fact, I may be having Dyno-Comp install either the TT or ST APS system on my Z. I'm negotiating with them right now. If you like, since you live close by, you're more than welcome to drive my car once they install the system and before I drive it home to Las Vegas. If you haven't chosen a system by then, this might give you a better perspctive from which to make your choice.

Okay??? Peace????

____________________________________________________________ ______________

Last edited by ZZtopp; 03-28-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:38 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
As far as Chevy quality vs. Nissan quality, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Nissan and Chevy are both pretty crappy, end of story.
Man, you got me there!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
EnthuZiast

Look....I'm not here to fight. In fact, I may be having Dyno-Comp install either the TT or ST APS system on my Z. I'm negotiating with them right now. If you like, since you live close by, you're more than welcome to drive my car once they install the system and before I drive it home to Las Vegas. If you haven't chosen a system by then, this might give you a better perspctive from which to make your choice.
That would be awesome. Let me know what they charge you for the whole thing too
You're not a bit scared of blowing your engine>????
Old 03-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Gman2004

Now find someone that has a vortech. Make a new thread and recruit someone in your area. I am sure one of our members will help you out.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:38 PM
ZZtopp

Well, I wasn't until you started that OTHER thread today!

Actually, I would never tune it past 400 WHP, and I only drive about 3-4000 miles a year with the Z....and I don't track the car so prolonged abuse will be non-existant. I'm more scared of frying the clutch.....which I will mostly likely upgrade at some point. I'll probably add the APS exhaust as well if I fall in love with the perfomance and decide to keep the car another few years.

I'd love to know what really happened with that blown engine though....
Old 03-28-2005, 04:59 PM
EnthuZiast

Id like to know too! I hope I did not give people on here the wrong idea. Im just going off of what I heard...there is no proof as of now.