Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS, where's the post-Easter Single turbo system update?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS, where's the post-Easter Single turbo system update?

I believe APS was had said they would release some updated pics/info/etc right after Easter.

Just wonderin`.

I'd really like to see some more pics/vids, info, and a final price.

I need something to keep me going before I break down and buy a Turbonetics or Vortech.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:33 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
I believe APS was had said they would release some updated pics/info/etc right after Easter.

Just wonderin`.

I need something to keep me going before I break down and buy a Turbonetics or Vortech.
seriously, im close to buying a turbonetics especially at the group buy price.....update please
Old 04-01-2005, 03:56 PM
redline350ZZ

maybe nobody wants our money.....
Old 04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
ColecatZ

I hear wgat you are saying loud and clear..... I was inline for the turbonetics until APS started showing and talking about theirs and was won over...

Then the groupbuy pricing came out and it was very hard to stay the course, now I'm just waiting for something. Avalon racing has a good deal on the first 5 kits at $4675 or something close to that for the T-netics, but I'm still trying to wait.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
copba1t

I believe APS is probably giving more frequent updates on 350zmotoring, because the mods here seem to dislike APS, and even banned Peter a while back for some BS reason. I would go check there for the latest 411...
Old 04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by ColecatZ
I hear wgat you are saying loud and clear..... I was inline for the turbonetics until APS started showing and talking about theirs and was won over...

Then the groupbuy pricing came out and it was very hard to stay the course, now I'm just waiting for something. Avalon racing has a good deal on the first 5 kits at $4675 or something close to that for the T-netics, but I'm still trying to wait.
I am in the exact same boat.....just waiting. Don't know how much longer I can wait...
Old 04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
InternetABYSS

SAME BOAT as u2.....HEY JOSH!

im up in Mckinney now.

A guy in Frisco named TopspeedJason on 350zmotoring has a tuner shop and is in the process of becoming a authorized APS dealer.

He is also working on a group buy. HE ALSO DOES INSTALLS at his tuner shop. Let me know if your gonna need a installer. HES giving one HELL of a install Deal. PM him on 350zmotoring. Tell him Internetabyss sent ya, that way you can get in just above COST. I told him you are in the market for a kit also. Hes trying to be a VOLUME dealer so needs to get his group buy going. The first group are gonna get the hook up.

Jason Mc
Old 04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
taurran

The AAM Turbonetics group buy is just wrapping up. We're getting the kits shipped for $4484, and I'm sending off my check tomorrow. 2-4 weeks from the April 8th, and the kit should be on my doorstep.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:37 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by InternetABYSS
SAME BOAT as u2.....HEY JOSH!

im up in Mckinney now.

A guy in Frisco named TopspeedJason on 350zmotoring has a tuner shop and is in the process of becoming a authorized APS dealer.

He is also working on a group buy. HE ALSO DOES INSTALLS at his tuner shop. Let me know if your gonna need a installer. HES giving one HELL of a install Deal. PM him on 350zmotoring. Tell him Internetabyss sent ya, that way you can get in just above COST. I told him you are in the market for a kit also. Hes trying to be a VOLUME dealer so needs to get his group buy going. The first group are gonna get the hook up.

Jason Mc
I posted a thread here about an APS single turbo group buy.

I have got two responses already. Once we have more concrete info (price, exact delivery date), I say lets do it!
Old 04-01-2005, 06:39 PM
tonio

I don't think you're getting a reply because other countries seem to value their vacation a lot more than we do in the U.S. They have taken a whole week off for easter, and from what I understand that is pretty common overseas as well as other holidays.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
narkotic

Think about it guys... APS is out on vacation right now. You know they will participate as soon as they return. The APS kit is far superior to any system out there. They have done their homework! Putting a turbo way up in the engine bay like that spells trouble later down the road. Do you realize how hot those get?? Just the way they have their manifolds set up is plain rediculous. Just look at all the twin turbos out from APS, and how plug and play it is.

Bottom line. You get what you pay for. Have some patients.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:24 PM
phile

Assuming Turbonetics didn't do their homework is very ignorant.

Lets wait and see how things turn out before we jump to conclusions, shall we?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:47 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by phile
Assuming Turbonetics didn't do their homework is very ignorant.

Lets wait and see how things turn out before we jump to conclusions, shall we?
There's already a Turbonetics vs. APS thread, please post this type of **** there. We all know what the advantages/disadvantages of these kits are so far. Keep this thread for those who have made up their mind to go APS!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:48 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by tonio
I don't think you're getting a reply because other countries seem to value their vacation a lot more than we do in the U.S. They have taken a whole week off for easter, and from what I understand that is pretty common overseas as well as other holidays.

Ok thanks, I was unaware, now I see it on their website. I'm just antsy for some more info.

More pics/info this week!

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 04-03-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Eddie1979

I'd be in on an APS single group buy as well.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:22 PM
phile

There's already a Turbonetics vs. APS thread, please post this type of **** there. We all know what the advantages/disadvantages of these kits are so far. Keep this thread for those who have made up their mind to go APS!!!
Do you just skim these posts? I wasn't the one who brought this up "Putting a turbo way up in the engine bay like that spells trouble later down the road. Do you realize how hot those get?? Just the way they have their manifolds set up is plain rediculous." (read narkotic's post).

So if you are going to reprimand someone, go ahead and repirmand him.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
redline350ZZ

On there initial dyno comparison chart the Z in stock form was producing a little less than 220WHP if thats the case then compared to a dyno registering 238 WHP.... one would expect this kit to make over 400WHP on its inital boost level with 94 Octane... So on 91 this kit should yield the same numbers as the Turbonetics kit.... And it achieves MAX boost quicker....

Hopefully some kind of Finalized sale price will be released soon.....So we can start a potential buyers list.....

There is a potential UNI-CHIP tuner here in HAWAII....if he doesnt get his act together i wonder if a SHOP in CALI can custom tune for 5PSI????

Thats my major concern... otherwise I have to put the Tilton rally clutch back in.... and those disk's are a mother @#$%^&

Or maybe I get lucky and my clutch wont slip.....never know I guess..
Old 04-03-2005, 11:42 PM
APS
Banned

Just wonderin`
Just back to work today after a short vacation so I will post more info on the APS single turbo system later this week after I catch up with our guys in our engineering department, on a different note I just viewed the final pre-production APS plenum today...........it's just beautiful...........a reak work of art.

I will put some additional pressure on our web guy this week and try to get many more pics of the APS single turbo system on the APS web site (maybe even a small video for you guys).

Don't panic guys, all is well under way with the APS intercooled single turbo project and if the APS/Garrett GT series turbos are delivered on schedule production of the system will start in early May, product in the US by early June.

I promise this APS product will be worth waiting for, please be patient, you will be rewarded with a techinically superior FI product, thorough engineering and most complete FI product available for the Z car, all good.

Peter
Old 04-04-2005, 03:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
On there initial dyno comparison chart the Z in stock form was producing a little less than 220WHP if thats the case then compared to a dyno registering 238 WHP.... one would expect this kit to make over 400WHP on its inital boost level with 94 Octane... So on 91 this kit should yield the same numbers as the Turbonetics kit.... And it achieves MAX boost quicker....

Hopefully some kind of Finalized sale price will be released soon.....So we can start a potential buyers list.....

There is a potential UNI-CHIP tuner here in HAWAII....if he doesnt get his act together i wonder if a SHOP in CALI can custom tune for 5PSI????

Thats my major concern... otherwise I have to put the Tilton rally clutch back in.... and those disk's are a mother @#$%^&

Or maybe I get lucky and my clutch wont slip.....never know I guess..

FYI Turbonetics dyno testing was done on a Dynapack. Just for an example...

My car made 240 RWHP on a Dynojet when it got dropped off at Turbonetics...On my car with nothing changed on Turbonetics' Dynapack it made 200 RWHP pre-turbo and 386 RWHP post turbo.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:06 AM
Gary Evans

I have yet to see a dyno graph on the Turbonetics system. Could some one point one out.

Quick Reply: APS, where's the post-Easter Single turbo system update?