Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR/SSR Turbosystem with twin T3/T4s

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
johanna1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you are saying their is no way at all it will fit a auto. Can't you customize it alittle to fit them. I know theres got to be a way. Their are twin turbo auto supras running big turbos. Theres always a way around things.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supra's can also fit T88's in their engine bay...we can not. (without going to a RB26DETT)

Supra's mount the turbo's in a different location than we do. So auto or manual doesn't really matter.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
johanna1

I don't know much about where the turbos should be placed, but do they have to be in the same place on both sides? Also, could one turbo be bigger then another? And could they just be pushed back some or forward to make clearance? I know theirs got to be away to put bigger turbos in a auto 350Z without switching motors.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by johanna1
I don't know much about where the turbos should be placed, but do they have to be in the same place on both sides? Also, could one turbo be bigger then another? And could they just be pushed back some or forward to make clearance? I know theirs got to be away to put bigger turbos in a auto 350Z without switching motors.
Yeah. You could run a system to use a smaller turbo for the low-end and bigger turbo for the high end...you couldn't really do that on a Z though. The difference between the turbo's they have on their kits are not very much...as far as spool characteristics and power potential. You could use bigger turbo's on an auto if they made different exhaust manifolds. So you may want to consider APS or GReddy that have log-style manifolds.

Keep in mind that the turbo's that come in the kit are going to reach peak hp potential at about 650rwhp - 675rwhp when all is said and done.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:03 PM
johanna1

I probably won't need 1000hp anyways right? Too much for me to handle. All I need is 500whp and I will be great. Just getting into the 11's would make me happy. I can't wait to do 11's in my 350Z like I used to in my 99 Honda hatch civic auto turbocharged with forged internals and JG head. Man, that thing was a beast for something so small. Felt like you were in a go kart.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by johanna1
I probably won't need 1000hp anyways right? Too much for me to handle. All I need is 500whp and I will be great. Just getting into the 11's would make me happy. I can't wait to do 11's in my 350Z like I used to in my 99 Honda hatch civic auto turbocharged with forged internals and JG head. Man, that thing was a beast for something so small. Felt like you were in a go kart.
These may get you to 1200hp...in theory at least. Over 800rwhp would require a few custom parts. There is a APS TT 350Z with stock block, just a few other mods (exhaust, test pipes, and ur crank pulley i believe) running mid 11's on slicks. He has ~400rwhp.