Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Just received my Turbonetics KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
xluv2eatx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
You don't have to do anything. The BOV that comes with the kit already vetns to atmosphere and will make that nice PSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! sound when you shift under pressure...

is it hella loud?! i want a loud-A$$ one! everytime i drive i want everyone to go loco.....
Old 05-12-2005, 04:05 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by xluv2eatx
is it hella loud?! i want a loud-A$$ one! everytime i drive i want everyone to go loco.....
Yeah it pretty loud...
Old 05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xluv2eatx
man...im confused! ok, so what do i got to do to make a loud-*** "pppsssshhhh" sound when i shift or let go of the gas after full throttle. let me know if its better to modify or buy a new aftermarket BOV. remember....."ppppssssshhhh!!!"
I think in your excitement, you confused the wastegate with the BOV. The sound you're looking for comes from the BOV venting intake pressure when the throttle plate closes. That nice big polished horn on the Raptor will give you what you want. The wastegate sits in the exhaust stream, and is open some amount anytime the turbo spools past the prescribed pressure (which is set by the wastegate itself unless you're using a boost controller). I personally feel that my car is loud enough under acceleration. I don't need the constant hiss of exhaust gas out of the wastegate everytime I get on it. That's just too much noise, and I don't need to be attracting local LEO any more than I already will be
Old 05-13-2005, 08:44 AM
xluv2eatx

true...but its the ppppssssshhhh sound that turns heads incase someone doesnt see the z, theyll hear it. im all stock besides the rims i got...im just waiting patiently....