Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Pics of my Turbonetics kit...YES MY CAR IS DONE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:21 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Hang in there MIAPLAYA. Too bad your personal life is conficting with you fully enjoying your new install. I think it is big of you to spend the time on this forum with potiential Turbonetic owners answering there questions and tolerating those that dont apprecite how you take the time to answer all there questions.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:24 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punish_her
so looking at a couple hundred for the pipe work. Wouldn't it be a problem that the outlets are not equal length for the duals.
Not sure what you mean here.... Basically the shop would have to create a pipe that connects to the turbo downpipe and then splits to two pipes. They would then cut or mate the two pipes of your Injen to that pipe.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by zland
Hang in there MIAPLAYA. Too bad your personal life is conficting with you fully enjoying your new install. I think it is big of you to spend the time on this forum with potiential Turbonetic owners answering there questions and tolerating those that dont apprecite how you take the time to answer all there questions.
just glad to help...
Old 05-08-2005, 03:29 PM
punish_her

Yeah, I aprecate it. Hard decision to dump 6k into a car with out knowing what your getting into. I would definately like the kit. Just being able to find a shop arround here that would be willing to do the mods if I went turbo. I would prefer it byfar than s/c.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Yeah, I aprecate it. Hard decision to dump 6k into a car with out knowing what your getting into. I would definately like the kit. Just being able to find a shop arround here that would be willing to do the mods if I went turbo. I would prefer it byfar than s/c.
Yeah it seems like Hi people always have probs finding shops...
Old 05-08-2005, 03:40 PM
punish_her

yeah most shops here are lazy, and want an arm and a leg for work. And screw the time they quote you, thats an estimate give or take a week, usualy its give a week. I would like to install my self and have some one Dyno tune it, as long as its not uni chip.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:42 PM
littlegbuddy

Hey Mia,
Are there any other "secrets" that you can drop to us G35 owners on the Turbonetics kit?? It has been a while and I want to keep my dreams alive.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 03:56 PM
MIAPLAYA

yeah most shops here are lazy, and want an arm and a leg for work. And screw the time they quote you, thats an estimate give or take a week, usualy its give a week. I would like to install my self and have some one Dyno tune it, as long as its not uni chip.
I imagine you could self install the Turbonetics kit and then there really is no need to "tune" as the kit comes with a reflash ECU that is pre-tuned...
Old 05-08-2005, 03:58 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by littlegbuddy
Hey Mia,
Are there any other "secrets" that you can drop to us G35 owners on the Turbonetics kit?? It has been a while and I want to keep my dreams alive.
Thanks
Keep em alive man....Turbonetics has been working on it. They wanted to get all the Z flashs done and start testing on the autos as well before getting knee deep on the G kit but believe me it will be worth the wait.. Like I said Brad owns a G35c...and believe me when I tell you he is not happy in an N/A car.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:10 PM
punish_her

So do you think turbonetics would like a car in HI?
I don't know of any Turbo z's yet out here. It would be a good market, most people have the $$$ to do it. Los of rich **** out here.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
MIAPLAYA

So do you think turbonetics would like a car in HI?
I don't know of any Turbo z's yet out here. It would be a good market, most people have the $$$ to do it. Los of rich **** out here.
I'm sure they would. Go to www.turboneticsinc.com and go to the dealers list and see if they are any auth. dealers out there...
Old 05-08-2005, 04:21 PM
punish_her

nope no dealer with in 500 miles, crap. Umm yeah dat suck donkey balz. oh well. Need to find a shop that will do the exhaust work for me. So do you think they will still do deals without local dealer? I'm thinking thats a no.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Peking

So do you think they will still do deals without local dealer? I'm thinking thats a no.
Wouldn't that be mainly up to the "Local Dealers" to contact Turbonetics to become a Vendor or atleast contacting another Vendor (who offers Turbonetic products) to become a "Reseller"?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Wouldn't that be mainly up to the "Local Dealers" to contact Turbonetics to become a Vendor or atleast contacting another Vendor (who offers Turbonetic products) to become a "Reseller"?
Correct. Your best bet is to purchase the kit from an authorized vendor like AAM or Avalon Racing and have a local shop install it. You will get a deal from the vendor and even if the local shop screws something up Turbonetics will still warranty any part of the kit they screw up...