Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need to buy an Wideband 02 Monitor...need some input!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
002-M-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need to buy an Wideband 02 Monitor...need some input!

Alright, first off, my Profec E-01 and Ignition Harness are on there way right now and I need to get myself a wideband 02 sensor that is capable of datalogging.

I was originally in on the Zeitronix GB but could not go through with it, so that is still an option (~$400).

Other one I'm looking at is the Innovate Motorsports LM-1 w/ RPM Convertor (~$420), but I want one that can be mounted in the car permantly unlike that huge controller they use, so not sure what I would do there.

Also there is the PLX Devices M-500 which is wireless and can datalog which I like but it is (~$500), which kinda sucks, but it is an amazing system (watch the video of the M-400/M-500 here http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_l...roductinfo.htm )

Any other suggestions welcome, but I really want a data logging system.

Lastly, is there anyway to data log from the E-manage to a laptop and have the E-01 connected. As far as I can see, there is only one USB output on the E-manage unit so that makes it do you can either use the support tool to a laptop or use the E-01 but not both. It would be great if there was a way I could do both.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:37 PM
xxlbeerZ

LM-1 is out of date, look at their new setup, just a gauge and sensor (don't mind the foam packing):

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...me.php?cat=252

I'm personally going with this one, pm gq_626 he's got a good price. Supposedly it's selling well so thee may be a short lead time.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Innovate stage alone gauge. This is by far the nicest stand-alone gauge I have seen. The problem is that they are backorder for 2-4 weeks.

I am going to be selling them for $349 shipped. PM me for more details, or if you'd like to pre-order one. (card wont charge until they ship).

Thanks for the help xxx!

Oh, and no, you cant data log to the e-01 and the greddy support tool simultaneously.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:00 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by gq_626
I like the Innovate stage alone gauge. This is by far the nicest stand-alone gauge I have seen. The problem is that they are backorder for 2-4 weeks.

I am going to be selling them for $349 shipped. PM me for more details, or if you'd like to pre-order one. (card wont charge until they ship).
Well didn't even realized they made that, I think I'm sold on that. Gotta pick up a ATS Twin Disc from you in the near future as well. Thanks.

Originally Posted by gq_626
Oh, and no, you cant data log to the e-01 and the greddy support tool simultaneously.
Damn, kinda figured that though, just thought I would make sure.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
G352NV

Love my Zeitronix, for the price you cant go wrong! Boost, EGT, Air/fuel
Attached Thumbnails Need to buy an Wideband 02 Monitor...need some input!-picture-888.jpg  
Old 04-24-2005, 10:20 AM
basam350z

Does Innovate stage alone gauge data log?
Old 04-24-2005, 11:14 AM
BPL

Originally Posted by G352NV
Love my Zeitronix, for the price you cant go wrong! Boost, EGT, Air/fuel
It's kind of hard to tell from that picture but is your Zeitrinix mounted in the sunglasses holder? Any chance you could post a picture that shows the mounting a bit better? I just got mine the other day and have been trying to figure out where I want to put it. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:40 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
Also there is the PLX Devices M-500 which is wireless and can datalog which I like but it is (~$500), which kinda sucks, but it is an amazing system (watch the video of the M-400/M-500 here http://www.plxdevices.com/M-Series_l...roductinfo.htm )
That wireless datalogger is pretty sexy.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:24 PM
G352NV

Yeah it is a perfect fit! I can close it up and you cant even tell its there!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:29 PM
t32gzz

I have my HKS Knock Amp display mounted in the sunglass holder and am considering moving it. It Is very hard to read it and drive at the same time, especially at WOT. Do you have this problem?
Old 04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
G352NV

Its not that bad. When Im giving it a good go it is hard to take my eyes off the road and tach. But I think I would have that problem no matter what. The best part about the Zeitronix is it has a button on the side and when Im done pushing the car I can push the button and it tells me everything, boost,A/F,EGT so if I miss it on my run I can go back and check it out.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

I totally stand behind the PLX products as I have seen how well they work. The size of the controller is so small compare to other wb on the market therefore you can virtually mount that controller anywhere and the wireless datalogging is too cool to pass up.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 PM
ss350

Whats the difference between the new lc-1 and the aem wideband? Any advantages to either?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:27 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

It's all about Innovate!

I am an early tester for them, and have been sponsored by them from the beginning.... Their stuff is truly superb. With the new serial protocol version 2, you can daisy chain devices in any configuration that you like, gauges, LC-1, Auxboxes, Auxbox-SD's (with an SD card slot for datalogging), and even connect the entire chain to a computer, which outputs to a screen (like I have it setup) for 6 (and even more in the very near future with the introduction of LogWorks 2.0) virtual gauges. The Xd-1 physical gauges are fully ptogrammable. They are preconfigured to show AFR, but, if you have other sensors connected via an RPM converter or the AuxBox, you can connect a laptop to it and fully configure the digital scale ranges, LED colors, numerical display range, warnings..., etc..etc..

You get much more than a gauge, it is a full (and fully modular/upgradeable) tuning system that you are getting...
Old 05-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

PLX new product:

Its almost the same size as a Apexi SAFC and this will read EGT, AFR and Knock (3 in 1).

Key Features:

-Accurately measures Air/Fuel Ratio, EGT, and Knock
-Powerful 32 bit integrated processor, RAM, and FLASH technologies
-Integrated 6 Inputs for data logging (2 Speed, 4 Analog)
-Built-in amplifier for audible knock output to speakers or headphones
-Over 80 minutes of onboard memory
-4 analog outputs (User configurable)
-Fully customizable LED warning light or shift light
-High speed USB 2.0 interface
-Large dot matrix display with blue backlight
-100% backwards compatible with M-Series controllers
-Compact dash mountable design (4.75 x 2.25 x 1 inch)
-Sensor soft start circuitry, prolongs o2 sensor life
-Powerful PC analysis software included (PLX Logger Version 2.0+ Free Download)
-Field firmware upgradeable (more features added to R-500 regularly)

Introduction:

The R-500 combines 3 essential parameters (Air/Fuel, EGT, Knock) of internal combustion engine tuning into one! Whether you're on the dyno, track, autocross, street or drag strip, the R-500 can be fully customized to suite your individual application. With intuitive user menus packed with features, merged with powerful PC software, there is virtually nothing that the R-500 can't do.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Gruppe-S
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hi,

Innovative Wide band - Great unit, we use this unit on our dyno actually. Very accurate, fast response, very intuitive. Downside: It's huge:

AEM units - Not too much experience with their WB02's but there seems to be various power issues with the ones I have seen (the A/F being a bit off based on electrical load of the vehicle)

PLX - Great units, small and inexpensive. Haven't tried the new 500, but a downside to the older ones were they were not as feature rich. But I still prefer them due to the compact size, accuracy, durability, and price.

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S
Old 05-05-2005, 03:36 AM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
Innovative Wide band - Great unit, we use this unit on our dyno actually. Very accurate, fast response, very intuitive. Downside: It's huge:
Not with the new LC-1 w/ Stand-Alone Gauge. The size of the LM-1 is the primary reason I went looking for alternate WB02 monitors, but when I discovered the Stand Alone Gauge Kit that Innovate offers I jump on it. Hopefully I will have it within the next couple of weeks.

Also the main reason I didn't go with the PLX Devices R-500 is the price, almost $600 while the Innovate LC-1 w/ Guage is right at $400. I knew I was still getting a quality product at around $200 less.

Appreciate all the help guys, keep this thread going though, there isn't enough info on this forum that I could find about specific WB02 monitors....
Old 05-05-2005, 07:59 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I am also a dealer of the PLC devices. I agree they are great quality, and the feature rich R-500 is pretty impressive.

PLC also offers some very inexpensive wideband units, that are at the $299 pricepoint....which are good for those on a tighter budget, and someone that doesnt immediately need a gauge style wideband.

But for a stand-alone gauge, I think the Innovate Standalone Gauge can't be beat!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:41 PM
uplz4588

i ordered the innovate lc1 from sharif ill let ya know how i like it when i get it
Old 05-05-2005, 03:47 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by Gruppe-S
PLX new product:

Its almost the same size as a Apexi SAFC and this will read EGT, AFR and Knock (3 in 1).

Key Features:

-Accurately measures Air/Fuel Ratio, EGT, and Knock
-Powerful 32 bit integrated processor, RAM, and FLASH technologies
-Integrated 6 Inputs for data logging (2 Speed, 4 Analog)
-Built-in amplifier for audible knock output to speakers or headphones
-Over 80 minutes of onboard memory
-4 analog outputs (User configurable)
-Fully customizable LED warning light or shift light
-High speed USB 2.0 interface
-Large dot matrix display with blue backlight
-100% backwards compatible with M-Series controllers
-Compact dash mountable design (4.75 x 2.25 x 1 inch)
-Sensor soft start circuitry, prolongs o2 sensor life
-Powerful PC analysis software included (PLX Logger Version 2.0+ Free Download)
-Field firmware upgradeable (more features added to R-500 regularly)

Introduction:

The R-500 combines 3 essential parameters (Air/Fuel, EGT, Knock) of internal combustion engine tuning into one! Whether you're on the dyno, track, autocross, street or drag strip, the R-500 can be fully customized to suite your individual application. With intuitive user menus packed with features, merged with powerful PC software, there is virtually nothing that the R-500 can't do.

Will this thing be able to read boost if you get an electric sensor? If it read boost too I would buy it.

Quick Reply: Need to buy an Wideband 02 Monitor...need some input!