Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Twin Turbo Automatic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:39 PM
thillskier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOPS,
I just went to the APS TT & ST info (on their site) and they recommend upgrading the automatic for this install.(even on the ST probably due to the huge torque (doubling at a little over 4000 rpm (thats from pEAK stock).
SGP, and others make or can do this for you...see posts and sponsors on this site.
They have the dynos posted, and they are AWESOME!
Old 05-08-2005, 04:34 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you just tried to flame him cause "he didnt have any first hand exp" where as he seemed to know more and he isnt even buying a ST.
The beauty of these forms are you can learn things without having to be there first hand.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:37 PM
black350

i heard you could switch the final gear drive, making the auto's 5 speed become a 6...though you will lose top end...i think that might be a very interesting upgrade to add to the list.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:05 PM
bwzabodyn

I have the 6MT rear end swap, FYI... a very nice upgrade indeed!

SGP will most likely be installing my ST when the time comes this fall/winter - as long as they don't try to charge me my left nut... I will also be doing the v-body upgrade at the same time, but skipping on the TQ converter (not absolutely necessary, imo) - I guess we'll see!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
black350

where did you get yours done? how much did it cost you? did you notice a lower top speed? could you feel the difference? sorry for all the questions, its just that im just really interested in this mod!
Old 05-11-2005, 06:02 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by thillskier
Ahhh, excuse me...where do u get your "experience"? Your sig says NA, bolt on's only.
Why would you give this info to someone when you aren't qualified (or maybe have no experience yourself with these mods?).....
This is pretty much a known fact with straight line racing. This does not only apply to the 350Z. Shifting a manual transmission with goobs of HP and TQ is pretty damn hard to do and do it right all the time. A nicely built Automatic transmission on the same car with the high HP and TQ will be so much easier to drive, you will not be missing gears and the shifts will be lightning fast and firm with the upgrades to the tranny. Just take a look at the drag racing circuit and see how many sub 10 second cars are running built manual trans vs built auto trans........ Do your homework before jumping on another forum member
Old 05-11-2005, 06:05 PM
bwzabodyn

Originally Posted by black350
where did you get yours done? how much did it cost you? did you notice a lower top speed? could you feel the difference? sorry for all the questions, its just that im just really interested in this mod!
I just posted a pretty in-depth thread in the regular Technical/Modifications thread... check it out!