Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

ATI ProCharger Remove/Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 11:16 PM
TChachas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI ProCharger Remove/Install

I am considering an ATI procharger but I am wondering about the mechanics of removing it in case something should happen. How hard is it to disable the SC?? My cousin has had trouble with leaks here and there and says it's quite a pain to get into.

Apologies if this has been asked before but for some reason the search engine always being me to a blank page.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:57 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my install took quite a bit of time, but uninstall took about 1.5-2 hours. you can actually remove the whole assembly in one shot. any compressor oil changes would be easier this way than trying to get at it from underneath. or using some sort of suction device to draw the oil out would be super easy. what it like about the kit is even when you toss a belt, it will still drive (i tossed a belt in tucson, and drove all the way back to portland)
Old 05-23-2005, 07:14 PM
TChachas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
my install took quite a bit of time, but uninstall took about 1.5-2 hours. you can actually remove the whole assembly in one shot. any compressor oil changes would be easier this way than trying to get at it from underneath. or using some sort of suction device to draw the oil out would be super easy. what it like about the kit is even when you toss a belt, it will still drive (i tossed a belt in tucson, and drove all the way back to portland)
Thanks; 1.5-2 hours actually isn't that bad especially if you are looking at it as a one time thing. I actually just had a conversation this morning about belts tossing so I am intrigued that it will still go so far, I like that especially since I travel quite a bit. Thanks for the info!