Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Daytona rocket!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
spd579

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona rocket!!

Ok guys ive been reasearching a while now about which way i wanted to go FI and ive decided to go with the turbonetices kit just because its simple, i can easily reach my goal of 400 whpand it seems simple and not too elaborate like some of the TT setups i see.But i would like to get decent gas milage too. I dont plan to race around in my z all the time and i though if maybe i lowered my comp. to 8.5 or 9 it might earn me some reliability points but while i drove around town i could turn down my boost to 1 or 2 psi and since my comp. was lower i wouldnt use as much gas but when i wanted that extra power i could crank it up to what? 10 12 psi maybe? and be happy. So after all that would i be able to do all i just listed (save gas by lowering comp. and turning down boost, and be able to turn down the boost that much with this kit?) Thanks guys sorry if i lost ya but this is a really big help i appreciate it, Drew S.

Oh yea and how high psi could i turn it up to safely after lowering comp? and what size injectors might i need?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:49 PM
UnderPressure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for a local shop you might want to try Carolina Performance Racing. They could answer alot of your questions and help point you in the right direction. 877.CPRACE1
Old 05-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spd579
Ok guys ive been reasearching a while now about which way i wanted to go FI and ive decided to go with the turbonetices kit just because its simple, i can easily reach my goal of 400 whpand it seems simple and not too elaborate like some of the TT setups i see.But i would like to get decent gas milage too. I dont plan to race around in my z all the time and i though if maybe i lowered my comp. to 8.5 or 9 it might earn me some reliability points but while i drove around town i could turn down my boost to 1 or 2 psi and since my comp. was lower i wouldnt use as much gas but when i wanted that extra power i could crank it up to what? 10 12 psi maybe? and be happy. So after all that would i be able to do all i just listed (save gas by lowering comp. and turning down boost, and be able to turn down the boost that much with this kit?) Thanks guys sorry if i lost ya but this is a really big help i appreciate it, Drew S.

Oh yea and how high psi could i turn it up to safely after lowering comp? and what size injectors might i need?
First of all, good choice and good reasoning for coming up with that choice.

Not sure on the gas mileage a stock 350Z with Turbonetics kit gets. Lowering the compression ratio lowers the detonation threshold and allows you to run more PSI to achieve the same power that a higher CR [with higher detonation threshold] with lower PSI would achieve. So, assuming Turbonetics feels comfortable flashing the ECU with a higher CR, you could get them to flash for it. Arias does custom CR piston heads too.

There is more to it than turning up the boost (which, technically, is a relative term in this case, since the ECU is controlling boost [and wastegates]), but assuming you take care of the other parts that need upgrading, you could go up to ~600rwhp with the Turbonetics kit (with the turbo they use, however, Turbonetics can, and will make you a custom setup if you would like). Injectors size depends on a few things, power goal would help estimate that. Don't forget connecting rods, if you are going over 450rwhp I would recommend them.