Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tuned GreddyTT @ CP Racing ---- 396whp

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
JSP-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned GreddyTT @ CP Racing ---- 396whp

I was fortunate enough to be able to tune with Sharif last week along with Eric from CP Racing in Charlotte, NC. It was such a relief to be able to tune with someone that knows the Greddy Kit and the 350z as well as Sharif does. I installed the kit about a month ago along with a return fuel setup and the shielded CAS wire. Because of the rising rate FPR I was running extremely rich under boost and was not seeing the performance that I was expecting, not to mention that the car would hesitate and stumble in the higher RPMs. I contacted Sharif and with his guidance installed the E01 and the Timing harness and made an appointment to meet him at CP Race to tune. It could not have went any smoother, the ride up there was nice and about three hours on the dyno and I was on my way. I was really happy to see the numbers that I did and I think the consensus was had I not been running the stock exhaust and 20" wheels that I could have possibly seen even high gains. The car runs great and the is definitely a night and day difference between where I was before tuning and the way the car feels now. Thank you to Sharif for all of his help and knowledge and to Eric and the rest of the crew at CP Racing.
Attached Thumbnails Tuned GreddyTT @ CP Racing ---- 396whp-john350z.jpg   Tuned GreddyTT @ CP Racing ---- 396whp-jp350z.jpg  
Old 06-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you're the guy from Atlanta with GReddy TT and AAM fuel system, Sharif mentioned you the other day. (said you made some nice numbers and probably would have been better without the 20" wheels and some exhaust mods)

Very nice numbers!
Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Jaki

Those are some great numbers!

What boost are you running at? What is yout tq #? What other mods do u have?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:54 PM
JSP-Z

Thanks You... I'm extremly pleased.

I am running 8.5psi via the E01... Torque was about 383lbs. my only other performance mods are test pipes. No exhaust yet but plan to pick up the Greddy EVO2 from Sharif.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
booger

JSP-Z
Congrats on your car . How come you stopped at 6,350rpm ? ...you might have been able to get a little more out it .
Old 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
AmyCroft

Default JSP-Z - Thanks for Sharing.. 20's and Stock Exhaust

Originally Posted by JSP-Z
Thanks You... I'm extremly pleased.

I am running 8.5psi via the E01... Torque was about 383lbs. my only other performance mods are test pipes. No exhaust yet but plan to pick up the Greddy EVO2 from Sharif.

JSP-Z - Thanks for Sharing.. 20's and Stock Exhaust

Sound's like the whole experience was positive...

CP is doing Quality Work, and with Sharif's helping hand - you should be styling...

Please look at one of Sharif's latest posts.. It's about the E-Manage Ult.

The feature of "target A/F Ratio" is a real advance from the E-Manage Blue Box. I'd like to get one too. For Wld350Z ( Tony DG )

--- Thinking - Thinking ----

Yes that changes my Opinion on which Piggy-Back ( Stand- Alone ) to use.

Cheers Amy -
Old 06-29-2005, 09:27 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats... i dont know if i think the tires would help you too much, but i think the exhaust would. My customers car with my fuel system and probably about the same tune made 411rwhp thru stock exhaust and stock cats... but thats on a dynojet which typically reads higher then the dyno you were on... i bet you are right there on a dynojet.

good stuff!
Old 06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Hey John, thanks for sharing the results. I am glad you are happy with the car. I must say, that John did the BEST self-install I have ever seen on the Greddy kit. It was a better install than 90% of the professional shops out there. Stainless steel vaccum lines, vaccum taps and fittings on the manifold..just really nicely done all around. Even his wiring was absolutely perfectly organized and clean....I love seeing work like that.

We tuned John's car very conservatively with respect to timing. There is certainly more power to be had, but IMHO, its not worth the risk on a customer's car. A free flow exhaust would probably put his car at 420whp, and a more aggresive boost ramp up.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:44 PM
webcarconnection

What exacly is the benefit of the AAM fuel system? I just have the walbro 255 and the TS Reflash and made 412 whp at 8 psi (very hot day)... If I decide to put internals this will be the only thing to put on my car to run 12 to 14 psi beside the walbro and the TS reflash. any info will help!
Old 06-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
What exacly is the benefit of the AAM fuel system? I just have the walbro 255 and the TS Reflash and made 412 whp at 8 psi (very hot day)... If I decide to put internals this will be the only thing to put on my car to run 12 to 14 psi beside the walbro and the TS reflash. any info will help!
To be able to supply the fuel necessary for a certain amount of air. The FPR is for controlling fuel pressure before it enters the fuel rails. Fuel rails are larger and can flow more fuel. The fuel lines are also larger. That's about it. (and the return part returns the fuel after the rails all the way back to the fuel tank)
Old 06-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Trying to get a steady A/F ratio with just a Walbro 255 is incredibly challenging. The AAM or any good return system, is necessary to properly dial in your fuel requirments and run a safe F/I setup. It can be done without a return system, but its far more challenging, and far from ideal. Even with static fuel pressure, the effective pressure at the injector nozzel will be dropping at the exact amount of your manifold pressure. For instance, 10 psi of boost, and 50psi in the fuel line...in this example, your net fuel pressure is only 40psi. The last thing you want with F.I is dropping fuel pressure. With the return systems, which come with a rising rate FPR, the fuel pressure will increase 1:1 with boost, and offset this drop in net fuel pressure.

If you decide to put internals, you will need larger injectors, and maybe another tuning method, as I think the TS reflashes are only good to about 10-12psi...IRC. Certainly not 14psi.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Jaki

I hate to take this thread a little off topic, but I just got a quick questions since we're already on the fuel return system subject... At what boost level or at what power level would you say that a return fuel system is really neccessary? I am looking to up my boost now and I will be shooting for 390-400rwhp (I don't want to take it over 410rwhp at this point). From what I have gathered so far from numerous researches, I should be pretty safe with the upgrades I have now, and I would not need the fuel return system at this point, am I correct?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by Jaki
I hate to take this thread a little off topic, but I just got a quick questions since we're already on the fuel return system subject... At what boost level or at what power level would you say that a return fuel system is really neccessary? I am looking to up my boost now and I will be shooting for 390-400rwhp (I don't want to take it over 410rwhp at this point). From what I have gathered so far from numerous researches, I should be pretty safe with the upgrades I have now, and I would not need the fuel return system at this point, am I correct?
To be safe, ~400rwhp, now, necessary, it's probably closer to 420rwhp. (assuming your only modifications are: TT kit, CAS wire, and fuel pump)
Old 07-01-2005, 07:55 AM
CpraceZ

JSP-Z, thanks for the kind words about us. We were very impressed with your car, not only for the numbers it made on the dyno, but as Sharif said the install was very clean for a self-install and on top of that, your car looks very nice with the 20" wheels and the Lambo doors. Always good to hear when people are pleased with our work, we try to satisfy every customer that comes through our doors.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Jaki

Like most mods, there are guidlines to follow, but it doesnt mean your car will blow up right away without a return fuel system. Most manufacturers have to design their kits with compromises, in order to meet emissions, or to simplify installation, etc.

Any forced induction kit, ideally, should have a proper return fuel system. Many dont, and run OK without them. CP Racing just tuned McDuck's car to over 420whp with the stock Vortech fuel system, and it runs fine. But running 120psi of fuel pressure through the stock system is unsafe for the long term. The injectors and lines are not designed to handle that type of pressure.
Thats probably the best answer I can give you, as there is no power level, at which a return system is needed. It really depends on you....
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
webcarconnection

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Trying to get a steady A/F ratio with just a Walbro 255 is incredibly challenging. The AAM or any good return system, is necessary to properly dial in your fuel requirments and run a safe F/I setup. It can be done without a return system, but its far more challenging, and far from ideal. Even with static fuel pressure, the effective pressure at the injector nozzel will be dropping at the exact amount of your manifold pressure. For instance, 10 psi of boost, and 50psi in the fuel line...in this example, your net fuel pressure is only 40psi. The last thing you want with F.I is dropping fuel pressure. With the return systems, which come with a rising rate FPR, the fuel pressure will increase 1:1 with boost, and offset this drop in net fuel pressure.

If you decide to put internals, you will need larger injectors, and maybe another tuning method, as I think the TS reflashes are only good to about 10-12psi...IRC. Certainly not 14psi.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your words... the 440 are good for 12 PSI or not? and for more that 8psi I have to put a return fuel system, rigth?

Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Thanks for your words... the 440 are good for 12 PSI or not? and for more that 8psi I have to put a return fuel system, rigth?

Thanks again!
I would put a return system in, even with stock boost. I know a lot of people don't feel the benifit to this, but certainly 8psi would be an area to install a return system.

The 440's are good for about 450whp assuming you have a return fuel system. That would be about 10psi or so....depending on the tune.