Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

emanage trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default emanage trouble

ok got my car all together and the thing is running pretty dam good with no adjustments other than just base settings on emanage. it has a tough time trying to idle though but doctor it a little with the anti-stall settings. was still doing more little finishing crap when i get in to start it again and noticed the amber communication light was blinking and the e-01 was not registering load or rpm values in the various tables any longer. but the main unit is still solid green on the main light. well i go to start it and it appears to flood, so i wait a little while. i finally get the thing to start, and it sounds like it is only firing on maybe 3 cylinders and the ecu sends a flashing ses light, it uncoded to a po300 (misfire) dtc. well it seemed pretty obvious. ok, but now the emanage main light is flashing between green and red and i still can't get the e-01 to communicate. now i have canceled all previous info on both units, imported and exported, initialized and unplugged power to both units for extended periods of time. whats the deal???
so now i thought there might be an area where i may have an intake leak, so i repair that (made sence as to the reason for lean weak idle and slight rich off idle) everthing seems good and jump back in to start it. well the emanage is still blinking green-red quickly and the communication light is still blinking. so i leave the key to on to try a couple other things, well i look out the windshield and see smoke coming from the engine!!!! pouring right out of a couple of coils!!!! ok, so this is the famed greddy smoking of coils from to high of voltage that it doesn't turn them off. well diodes stop that right?!?! i have diodes in there and the value that was called for in posts and drawings i have. so i check the volts at the coil in the on position, 0.56 -+0.03 on all the signal coil leads. i check the emange wires (before the diodes) and i am all the way at 0.67 -+ 0.02. wtf so i have the diodes, they are working, but only clamping a small amount. different diodes should be called for?

ok i tried to explain all pertinent info, so i have 3 questions
1. blinking red-green emanage main light
2. amber blinking communication light
3. diodes

4. who stuffed the gremlin in my car when it was running good then one start left me with with a heap!!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:08 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok i have been scouring over previous posts to try to find a solution. most i had read before to gain some knowledge previous to my install. so i knew not to hit update or initialize at first and only did that at the very last as a ditch effort to see if it would help. the maps had already been erased somehow. i got a blank emanage unit but it did originally have the table values in it, but they just disappeared.
also, when i wired in the emanage i had many diagrams and exact wiring for the 350z. all connections were twisted, soldered, wrapped in self vulcanizing rubber, then vinyl electrical tape. before and after wrapping all wires i triple checked my connections. my prob sounds similar to a couple others but still a bit different as i have done or checked everything that helped others fix their problem.
need more things to try.