Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SES P0300 code

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 05:40 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
the po300 code is for random multiple misfire. it is caused by the crank pos sensor signal to vary in relationship to rpm. it actually is a serious problem for f/i. i won't hardly drive my car till i get it figured out. mine is pretty bad though as i get an audible misfire, and drive around clearing codes when they pop up. but usually once it starts mine won't go away. i have gotten a bunch of military grade communications shielded wire and plan to do the crank pos wire and both cam wires too to see if it eliminates it.
I've been reading about your car and it seems as if your problems is more complicated that most. My car throws misfire codes, but other than that it drives fine. My motor is fully built with rods, pistons, cams, and headwork also. Other than your case, I have never heard of anyone with these codes where the car runs bad. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:42 AM
theking

I'm with Gman. I throw the code at part throttle 3-8psi situations. Full throttle it doesn't do it. Just as long as you aren't having any individual sensor misfires it's no big deal.
Originally Posted by Gman2004
I've been reading about your car and it seems as if your problems is more complicated that most. My car throws misfire codes, but other than that it drives fine. My motor is fully built with rods, pistons, cams, and headwork also. Other than your case, I have never heard of anyone with these codes where the car runs bad. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:31 AM
spdkils

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
It's not that easy to get your car inspect in NY anymore. You have to clear the code then have to drive the car for more than 60 miles or couple days for the system to recycle and ready. You just can't clear and drive it up to inspect, it will failed right away. My inspection will expired at the end of this month. Don't know what to do now.
Huh?

How do they know how far you've driven it since your last code? Is that in the computer?

According to the service manual that code doesn't throw on 1 missfire... It has to detect some serious misfires over a length of time before it pops it out.

Hell with my racelogic (causes misfires ALL THE TIME with my launch control) I have to get a good 2 or 3 seconds of constant misfires to throw the code. How does the stock computer detect a misfire anyway??? The knock sensor??

There must be a way of jury rigging it so it can't throw that code.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:12 AM
xsmallpaulx

man i get this freking code everytime i drive the car,i wish we could figure out whats causing this
Old 09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
002-M-P

So this only happens with a return fuel system then?
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 AM
mcderns

I have a return fuel system. The whole CJM fuel sys, and I rarely get this code. I have only gotten it 3 times since I put the turbos on in the spring. Its been over 5500 miles, and only 3 times.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:21 AM
spdkils

I have a return system, and I haven't got this code since the 1st day i installed.

I think people who built their blocks are seeing it more then people without... But there are a lot who see it without.

I can FORCE my car to misfire and it takes a LOT of misfires before this code pops.

I was getting this code when I wired my injector loom backwards... Amazingly the car drove and felt mostly fine. I'd love to get to the bottom of this... I don't have the problem... but I love information!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:21 PM
1 2 NV

Originally Posted by 002-M-P
So this only happens with a return fuel system then?
No, I am running with the T-netics kit and nothing else(no fuel return) and I have the problem,
Old 09-16-2005, 02:56 PM
002-M-P

hmm, not sure, cause I don't have fuel return yet and don't have it either
Old 09-19-2005, 08:11 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gman2004
thanks, i think i need it now. unfortuneately havn't had much extra time at all for like a month now to work on thew car at all, so not much progress. my prob seems to be when i hold the accel. in one position for more than a few seconds in the cruise range. if i accel, coast, accel, coast it is fine and runs great, with tons of power if i give it more gas. my a/f also goes either to 19/1 or 9/1 during this condition too first then if i keep my foot at the same position it will through the po300 code. i have a feeling it will be something simple though. i sent my eu files and about 20 mins of datalogging to sharif to make sure i have my parameters set correct. waiting to hear back from him. main problem is no body around here has dealt with my combination or the eu and i don't want to pay the $150 an hour to have them learn on mine. and me not having extra time right now sucks, so i look at it in the garage and think of how fun it would be to drive it, ahahha.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Z PHAT Z

Well...Good news today. After making 4 hours trip on the highway to see some friends. I found out that the code comes back on around every 150 miles. Becuase on the way, everytime the CEL is on...I pulled over and reset the ECU. So on the way back...I reset the ECU when I'm about 100 miles away from home. Then pull right in the inspection place and guess what??? I PASSED TODAY! So Happy.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:26 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Z PHAT Z
Well...Good news today. After making 4 hours trip on the highway to see some friends. I found out that the code comes back on around every 150 miles. Becuase on the way, everytime the CEL is on...I pulled over and reset the ECU. So on the way back...I reset the ECU when I'm about 100 miles away from home. Then pull right in the inspection place and guess what??? I PASSED TODAY! So Happy.
Congrats!!!! Now you know the secret to passing in NY!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:30 PM
punish_her

I'm getting the p0300 SES code and I don't have FI. Just hooked up the greedy emanage ultimate. Gonna do a little more research though to see whats going on.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:58 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I get it occassionally (at idle usually).
Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by punish_her
I'm getting the p0300 SES code and I don't have FI. Just hooked up the greedy emanage ultimate. Gonna do a little more research though to see whats going on.
OK I found my source of the p0300 code. It does have something to do with the EU. Well more percisely, the harness. Position 2 and 5 ignition was not stripped (the end that greedy crimped on the harness), and injector connections 3 and 6 were not stripped as well. I guess that would cause miss fire's, now wouldn't?

So this goes to show, it always pays to double check every connection. Even if it is not your own.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:50 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get the P0300 regularly. I don't even bother resetting the ECU anymore, though like others, I can do the pedal-push reset without a stop watch and get it right every time. It's time to invest in a scan-tool. What's a good one that can do real time data output, like timing retard, etc?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn I had no idea so many boosted cars were getting this code. I just got this code, but because the grounding strap on one of my spark plugs melted to the electrode. Id hate to put my turbo kit on and have a damn SES light on all the time when I drive. Subscribing to this thread I hope one of you smart Z owners comes up with a fix....cough:Sharif:cough
Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Badmonkey

I have never gotten the code, thank god. The scan tool that I use is the Digi-Moto 3.7, ehichconnects to my PC for data logging. It works pretty well and only cost about $100, or so.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto
Damn I had no idea so many boosted cars were getting this code. I just got this code, but because the grounding strap on one of my spark plugs melted to the electrode. Id hate to put my turbo kit on and have a damn SES light on all the time when I drive. Subscribing to this thread I hope one of you smart Z owners comes up with a fix....cough:Sharif:cough
I think most of the F/I are getting it . It has to be one of the three things I changed all at once when we did the rebuild . CAS wire , bigger RC injectors , and the return fuel system with in tank pump upgrade
Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
theking

I believe it has to do with maf scaling and the af reading when it reads a richer af than it should. It is the only thing that makes sense. It tends to happen more to the people running bigger injectors and cams. The lower I run the static pressure the less it happens. The only problem with that is I am still running high impedance injectors so I run out of head room.
Originally Posted by booger
It has to be one of the three things I changed all at once when we did the rebuild...bigger RC injectors....

Quick Reply: SES P0300 code