Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Glad I stayed with my Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Bullitproof

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i'll put it like this. on my acura gs-r i went with a jackson racing supercharger only to go greddy turbo a year later. what can i say, i'm a horsepower junkie. for those with avaliable funds, go forth and boost the hell out of your car and be happy, but don't knock another guy because they didn't do the 'uber setup'. i really wanted a tt at first, but buying a house was a little more important than being the top dog horsepower junkie. i really hope that i can be happy with this kit because this stuff is getting expensive. i just hope that the f/i 350z-g35's doesn't turn out to be the next supra-esque horsepower war. it's nice to see some shops and privateers making 600 plus hp, but where you gonna use all that power except on the track? now i'm gonna step off my soapbox and just say people should respect other poeples choices concerning f/i. be easy
Old 09-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Rayden2001

Originally Posted by Chebosto
i <3 my TT kit.

I've had SC on my last car... and now with my Z TT'd. i dont think i'll ever go back.
Besides.. the whine an SC makes is definately less sexy than Twin Turbos Spooling up..
Amen to that....also I haven't had any problems with my kit either.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
aron

Well put....and I agree, if you are filthy rich with lots of cash, its another issue. But lots of power and great fun can be achieved with the Vortech with minimal hassle and maintenance over a long period of time. In fact, LouZer on this forum I believe has recently achieved 475rwhp with his Vortech, which is higher than most TT setups posting on this forum here, atleast hp numbers. And these numbers can be achieved with small mods like smaller pulley, and of course, a great tune. Let's not be bashing each other - I think this forum and community has a great reputation so far for people respecting each others' rides and posting here for sharing and learning. Let's not turn it into something else...
Old 09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
chops

I really wonder about the install of the kit itself?

I've been on my stock belt for just about a year now. No belt slipping here! I'm still getting +7lbs on stock pulley.

btw, Narkotic still loves the Vortech, just look at his Avatar!

Peace out brothers, it's whatever floats your boat!
Old 09-26-2005, 07:04 PM
narkotic

My response to this...

Originally Posted by booger
Yep..Im an old man [48 ] Yep I look at the key board when I type . For your info..I have a good lay..waited a long time to find this wonderful woman . Have a beer...no thanks , gave it up years ago . As far as contributing..I try when I can...most the time is spent reading the threads . On the other hand...you SEEKING out Super Charger threads for the sole purpose of bashing the SC the guy in the thread is trying to fix...is contributing so much more than I ever could . And doing it more harshly will contribute even more.
Have a good day MATE
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
narkotic

Originally Posted by chops
btw, Narkotic still loves the Vortech, just look at his Avatar!
Hmm, considering I can't change my avatar unless I shell out some money well you'll all just have to look at that puny spearco innefficient intercooler.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:45 PM
aron

well, I spoke too soon, its already turned into something else...we now have a lollerskating *** browsing our forum...go away, ur like a turd on wheels that won't flush..haha

sorry guys, had to get that one in...
Old 09-26-2005, 08:30 PM
LOU

Wow! I guess it's my turn to chime in... I do love my Vortech and would never switch to turbos on my car. That is not to say that I don't like turbos, because I do. I think the feel of the 350Z TT cars is amazing. If someone asked me which one to get, I would have to ask them several questions to see what style fits them better. In many ways TT's and SC's are complete opposites.

As far as having to tighten belts all of the time... I've never had any issues nor do I find myself ever having to tighten the belt. I only had to tighten the belt when it was new and getting broken in. For the person who mentioned the screech at start-up... that is because your belt isn't tight enough. That grinding sound can't be heard if you add cams and raise the idle. And there is a way to muffle the bypass valve almost completely.

I can't believe this post is three pages long... and growing.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:32 PM
freezeg35

Ive got the 3.12 with the gates belt and had no issues with slippage either. I did have a bit of a (warble) for lack of a better word, at idle, but had the dealer bump it up a bit and its purrrfect. The only complaint is the whistlish bov which i intend to modify this winter. If the s/t turbonetics was out when i was ready for f/i i may have gone that route, but i have no regrets about the vortech. Ive never riden in a tt or st setup, wish i could, im sure its everything everybody says it is but there is no reason to bash the vortech as boog stated. Its a slap in the face when someone consistently puts it down.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:44 PM
acg

I can't be the only one who has only had to tighten the belt once since it was installed and my cog does not make any sound at idle.....maybe my kit is a fluke but I just get in the car and drive, so far over 13,000 miles with no issues.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
G352NV

Thats because of teh installer,lol. J/K Glad to see its working great for ya!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 PM
daddyz

I love my Vortech! Can't we all just get along!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:24 PM
ZON

Originally Posted by Alberto
Damn man what crawled up your a$$? The guy made a smart comment he in no way put you, your car or the Vortech s/c down. Having a bad day or something?
He's jealous, in denial, well, he's pissed. Can't say I blame him.

J/K booger, J/K
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
ZON

Originally Posted by RedLeader
I also ignored the fact there isn't an APS authorized shop in my State.

Bruce

Oh really!!! So your in the S.F. Bay Area, Bruce??? I am so sorry if nobody has informed you, my apologise.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Barzten1

Originally Posted by daddyz
I love my Vortech! Can't we all just get along!
Thats what I'm sayin
Old 09-27-2005, 04:37 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by narkotic
Hmm, considering I can't change my avatar unless I shell out some money well you'll all just have to look at that puny spearco innefficient intercooler.

As much as you like to bash the SC . Im suprised you havent paid the money just to get rid of that pic of the little intercooler

Oh....and your little skater and hellicopter are cute ...lol
Old 09-27-2005, 08:12 AM
narkotic

It doesn't bother me cause I have all avatars and signatures turned off. Nothing more annoying than huge signatures listing every mod down to a sticker on the headlight.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:11 AM
aron

Your annoyed? - that makes us feel better.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:54 AM
narkotic

nice, I love it when I make an anonymous internet loser an enemy by indirection.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
xxlbeerZ

Some famous past booger quotes on this issue:

Ive broke a piston , so I had no choice to build the motor . Now Im upgradeing the blower to a T - trim and Im hoping for 14psi out of it . I'll see soon after I get the blower back from Vortech . But if I would have had the extra $ I would have switched it over to TT for sure
Turbo charging is free HP .And is going to be much more easier to up the whp later on down the road . Wished I would have gone that route in the first place . But I was new to F/I and supercharging seemed easier to understand

Quick Reply: Glad I stayed with my Vortech