Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Glad I stayed with my Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
neffster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by narkotic
Hmm, considering I can't change my avatar unless I shell out some money well you'll all just have to look at that puny spearco innefficient intercooler.
Is it cool to rag on the Vortech like this? Do you care that you are offending many S/C owners who are perfectly happy with their cars? The Spearco IC is efficient enough for a stock trim kit.

Also there are quite a few of 'us' who are not attacking you right now, nor are we really telling you how we feel about your comments because there isn't anything positive or constructive that we could add and we don't want to start a war.

Believe it or not, it does get old and after awhile (and it also gets taken personally whether you mean for it to be personal or not) when someone continually puts down something you like so much. Kind of like the 'ugly baby' comment everyone knows not to make to a new mother.

If a thread starts out, "what do you like better a Vortech or [enter other FI choice here] then your comments are appreciated, otherwise maybe you should think twice about putting down a specific kit on a seemingly frequent schedule.

BTW, I've met cKy2k and I hope you didn't knowingly sell him a POS kit. That would be uncool, right?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM
freezeg35

+1
Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 PM
aron

Narkotic -

This is exactly our point and you just made it more clear - you are hear to stir **** up. Just ssssshhhh ssshhh ssush and go away on your lollerskates.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Some famous past booger quotes on this issue:
Gee I feel honored...you went to so much trouble to dig threw all my posts to find some where I said I liked to have a TT set up . Think you might need an ICE BAG too
Would I go with a TT set up if given to me...YEP...wanna trade
Im still glad I didnt go threw the hassle or the money to switch and no plans to do so...Im glad I stayed with my Vortech

Last edited by booger; 09-27-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Rayden2001

Originally Posted by booger
Gee I feel honored...you went to so much trouble to dig threw all my posts to find some where I said I liked to have a TT set up . Think you might need an ICE BAG too
Im still glad I didnt go threw the hassle or the money to switch and no plans to do so...Im glad I stayed with my Vortech
Thats all that matters is you like it, its your car and nobody elses.
As for a turbo setup it will nickle and dime you to death but allows you to go over the top but some of us know we're on the very edge of pushing it at that level.
A supercharger allows you to just install it and forget about it basicly....(except for normal maintnance), and it is safer. But alot of us keeps wanting more and thats why we choose to go with TT and up the boost with just a dial.
No matter what we're all boosting!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by Rayden2001
Thats all that matters is you like it, its your car and nobody elses.
As for a turbo setup it will nickle and dime you to death but allows you to go over the top but some of us know we're on the very edge of pushing it at that level.
A supercharger allows you to just install it and forget about it basicly....(except for normal maintnance), and it is safer. But alot of us keeps wanting more and thats why we choose to go with TT and up the boost with just a dial.
No matter what we're all boosting!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:56 PM
failsafe306

LOL
Old 09-28-2005, 10:15 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by G352NV
I didnt mind that sound! Just didnt like the cog.
My cog doesn't make any noise. I think it has to do with the adjustment on that belt. If it's too **tight** it tends to be a little noise. All I hear is the a slight burble of the actual supercharger and the blow-off jet engine sound when I come off the gas (which I kind of like).
Old 09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by gersteinp
I've got about 7K on my Vortech with a stock pulley and have had zero belt issues--actually zero issues of any kind. The set up is just fantastic. I installed a Gates main belt from the start and have never needed to touch it since. I've kept my cog belt fairly loose the way it's supposed to be and it still looks brand new, has never slipped and makes no noise (the jackshaft makes a slight rattle at slow idle--normal for this unit).

The most common belt issue with the Vortech is overtightening the cog belt--stricly warned against in the installation manual and completely unnecessary. It's cogged so you DON'T have to make it tight--just minimally snug, i.e. one inch of play and an easy-to-move idler pulley.

My rear wheels put down way more power than I'll ever need for even aggressive driving--385 HP--and that with a conservative tune and not even a hint of detonation in any kind of weather. I could have simply driven it right out of the box because the stock SS box tune was near perfect already. If you bring this car up near the redline in 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear, you'd better have some wide-a$$ rubber to lay it down with or bring your prayer book.

I highly recommend the Vortech kit to anyone who doesn't want to endlessly fuss with their car while contantly worrying about blowing up the engine. Turbo is for BUILT Nissan engines only. Don't even think of it otherwise unless you've got lots of money, a back up car, or you drive like my mother. Nuff said.
I think that's a little harsh comment for turbos. I do think the turbo kits require more patience and more money than SCs when not building the bottom end.

SC = less $s, less headaches, but also less potential.
ST or ST = more power (especially tq), better sound (IMO), more tuning, & more $s
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by aron
Your annoyed? - that makes us feel better.
funniest comment in this thread.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
mcduck

I guess I read that wrong... I took the quotes dug up as a way to illustrate that booger could respect the TT kits even though he enjoys his Vortech immensely... unlike some others (who am I kidding... some **other**) who have posted here cheerleading for TTs and completely putting down the Vortech.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Rayden2001

Old 09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

I dont see why all these guys have trouble with the belts . I put my Gates or simular belt on...wait two weeks tighten it up and forget it . Ive had mine on for 3500 miles and still makes the same psi with no slipping, no belt dust .
Im not or never have put down the ST or TT...like I said , Im jealoous of the trq they put down . I dont come into Turbo threads bashing you about your problems and telling you , you should have stayed with a SC . So I just expect the same from the turbo guys in SC threads thats all
+1 for me too on the belt issue.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:32 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Hmm, considering I can't change my avatar unless I shell out some money well you'll all just have to look at that puny spearco innefficient intercooler.
Dude, Pete, just because you decided to upgrade to TT doesn't mean you have to bash us Vortech guys. I've never had a problem with you or Boog, but you ARE coming across as a real @$$ in this thread. It seems lately all you post (here and on G35driver) are bashing comments. Leave it be, dude. Okay, you went from Vortech to [ONLY KIT]...we don't care. In fact, when I build my motor, I'm going TT too, but you won't see me bashing the SC'er people. The Vortech is fun...

Boog, I didn't see anything wrong with your post, but you had to know that this would happen. As long as you were ready for it, I guess it acheived what you were looking for.

Now, the both of you need to squash this crap. We'll grown men for crying out loud.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:29 AM
narkotic

Old 10-01-2005, 09:35 AM
G352NV

Originally Posted by neffster
Is it cool to rag on the Vortech like this? Do you care that you are offending many S/C owners who are perfectly happy with their cars? The Spearco IC is efficient enough for a stock trim kit.

Also there are quite a few of 'us' who are not attacking you right now, nor are we really telling you how we feel about your comments because there isn't anything positive or constructive that we could add and we don't want to start a war.

Believe it or not, it does get old and after awhile (and it also gets taken personally whether you mean for it to be personal or not) when someone continually puts down something you like so much. Kind of like the 'ugly baby' comment everyone knows not to make to a new mother.

If a thread starts out, "what do you like better a Vortech or [enter other FI choice here] then your comments are appreciated, otherwise maybe you should think twice about putting down a specific kit on a seemingly frequent schedule.

BTW, I've met cKy2k and I hope you didn't knowingly sell him a POS kit. That would be uncool, right?
Was that last bit directed to me? If it was you can kiss off. I sold the kit because it wasnt for me. As a lot memebers that have the Vortech say they are happy with the kit so calling the one I sold him a POS kit goes for all the kits right? He got a smokin deal on what I sold him. I told him the reasons why I was selling the kit. He got what he wanted with no BS. I also spent HOURS and on the phone with him and his guys helping with the install.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:54 AM
neffster

Originally Posted by G352NV
Was that last bit directed to me? If it was you can kiss off. I sold the kit because it wasnt for me. As a lot memebers that have the Vortech say they are happy with the kit so calling the one I sold him a POS kit goes for all the kits right? He got a smokin deal on what I sold him. I told him the reasons why I was selling the kit. He got what he wanted with no BS. I also spent HOURS and on the phone with him and his guys helping with the install.
Sorry. Got you and Narkotik confused. Just strike the last sentence to my first reply. (that Tuesday evening I came down with a 102.6 degree fever and it's been up to 104.0 since. Here it is Saturday afternoon and it's still 102.2 - damn virus). Anyway, that last sentence was a mess up on my part.

Last edited by neffster; 10-01-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
G352NV

Its cool, I just take trading serious. I try to help others as much as I can. I thought you knew that.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:37 AM
TxTitan

Originally Posted by aron
Your annoyed? - that makes us feel better.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:52 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

BTW, this is what that post said, it was edited by either a mod or Nark...

I am an a@@hole. No smokescreen here

Quick Reply: Glad I stayed with my Vortech