Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech S/c Or Greddy Tt Hp/torque??

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 04:55 PM
10secz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech S/c Or Greddy Tt Hp/torque??

Hi.. i need help deciding if i wanna go S/C OR TT...

Out of the box.. S/C IS 412HP, 355 Torque @ 8psi

Out of the box.. TT IS 334.2HP, 339.2 Torque @ 5.6 psi

I know if you have the TT.. you dont want to boost more then 8psi to be safe without internals being done.. pistons, rods, studs etc...

so my question is... can you produce more boost with a supercharger then 8 psi? and if so how high can you possibly go.. with or without internals.??

whats the most hp and torque you can acheive going S/C?

as for the Greddy TT... i know that people can boost 16.5 or higher??

So whats the max hp and torqen you can get TT as well?

If someone went 8PSI with a Greddy TT.. what would the HP be and Torque??

so far i have done is... crank pulley, crawford plenum, test pipes, and invidia g200 true dual exhaust... jwt flywheel and a better clutch...

what is the best decision..??/ whats the pros n cons going one vs the other?

cant wait to hear!!

thanks

darren
Old 10-02-2005, 05:05 PM
damen

i don't see you getting 412hp 355tq out of the box with a SC. it can be tuned to that. just as the TT can be tuned to get higher numbers too. i have a single turbo and i love the fact that i can drive and no one knows that i have a turbo until i get on it and you hear the spool. i thought about the SC also but, i didn't want to deal with the constant whine. but, if that's what you like then you may like the constant whine. i like the sleeper look myself.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:18 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by damen
i don't see you getting 412hp 355tq out of the box with a SC. it can be tuned to that. just as the TT can be tuned to get higher numbers too. i have a single turbo and i love the fact that i can drive and no one knows that i have a turbo until i get on it and you hear the spool. i thought about the SC also but, i didn't want to deal with the constant whine. but, if that's what you like then you may like the constant whine. i like the sleeper look myself.
Yes i agree. Also what trans to do have auto or 6-speed? If you always want boost than go with the supercharger, also they are more reliable than tc's. But if you want more power and faster times go with a TC, all of the 350z kits hit full boost pretty quick! And alot have the potential to be in the 400's hp/tq with right mods and tune!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
aron

Those numbers are the rated #'s at the crank for the Vortech SC...the #s for the TT are basically for a greddy kit BUT rated to the wheels.

You can boost a superhcarger above 8psi by changing the pulley out - Vortech you can move down to the 3.12 or even the 2.87 pulley and you may reach a maximum of 12-13 psi depending on your other mods, exhaust setup (loss of back back pressure has caused loss of boost for some people), tuning, etc.

With a SC, you will run a safer setup and will be able to run at higher boost levels without having to replace your internals because the power curve is more linear, as opposed to a TT where it spikes at certain rpm and you run the risk of bending those lame stock rods. If you want insane power and great TQ and have the money for maintenance, tuning, repairs, a backup motor - go TT. If you want a safe setup at a lower cost with less maintenance that will yield good and reliable power - go SC. Just my opinion...
Old 10-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Gman2004

Can someone explain how a s/c has less maintanance and a TT is more. The only maintanance I do is change the oil every 3K miles, plugs every 12K, and clean or change my intake filters as needed.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
aron

I think over long term, you would spend more on the tuning or "getting it right" because TT setups, especially at higher boost levels, are more complicated. Maybe maintenance is the wrong word in that regard, but I think overall, over a longer period of time, a sc would give you less hassle; a bit simpler to make adjustments / changes. Also, there is more potential with a TT, and since most of us are unfortunately never satisfied, I think more $$$ in maitenance would naturally be spent over time with a TT.