Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Need Input:Greddy TT owners that pulled timing via E-manage

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Tantrum Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Input:Greddy TT owners that pulled timing via E-manage

Well, after my dissapointing dyno, I have decided to take the 5 hour trip down to AAM to get my car tuned. When I spoke to Dave, he recommended that I get the ECU reflash to pull timing because he didn't feel comfortable pulling timing from the E-manage. Now, I've read in numerous threads that many TT owners didn't have any problems taking out timing via E-manage. Would you guys do the reflash($595) + tuning the emanage($400) or will it be fine if I just let them tune the E-manage and pull timing via E-manage? It's just that I don't feel it's worth it for me to pay $595 to pull timing when I can do it with the E-manage. I do know that I will get the speed limiter removal and raised redline, but still...$595?!

I'm also aware that Technosquare has the Greddy 8PSI reflash, but I'm not comfortable with having to send back my ECU if something is wrong. With all the headaches I'm getting, I just want to get it done.

BTW, I will be driving there tonight and hopefully get there by 10AM. If any fellow members have a free day tomorrow, I would like to meet some of you guys.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Aloharacing

Do you plan on boosting more than 8lbs?
Old 10-06-2005, 06:42 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

do not touch fuel with the reflash if u go that route!...nothing but headaches

as far as your tune...what psi will u be running?

if 8-9 or so psi, i would save the money one the ecu if u can get a good tune...

if having a higher redline is important to you, do the reflash and have them pull some timing too...also, copy the standard timing map into the advanced location (so trhat the ecu cannot advance timing at will).
.ok, i talked myself out of it..even though it is not 100% certain, u may want to reflash the ecu just to protect the advanced timing situation..i am rambling, ok..signing off now..really man..your call..
Old 10-06-2005, 07:03 PM
Tantrum Z33

No I don't plan on boosting more that 8PSI. My goal is to have around 400WPH.

What I really want to know is, if it's crucial to pull timing via reflash or will the timing pulled via E-manage be just as good if I'm only going to run 8PSI? I just can't justify spending $595 for the reflash when theres really no need...Unless it's really better to take out timing via ECU than the E-manage.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Queenz350Z
No I don't plan on boosting more that 8PSI. My goal is to have around 400WPH.

What I really want to know is, if it's crucial to pull timing via reflash or will the timing pulled via E-manage be just as good if I'm only going to run 8PSI? I just can't justify spending $595 for the reflash when theres really no need...Unless it's really better to take out timing via ECU than the E-manage.
u can pull timing out with the e-manage just the same...do you have the EU to display real time timing? if not, do you have some way of datalogging real time timing so that you can see that you are actually adjusting the timing accordingly?
the only advantage to the reflash regarding the timing is that you can sync the standard timing map with the advanced timing map to avoid any possible complications with unwanted timing advance (if the ecu chooses to swap maps during some given situation)
background:
the consensus is that there are 3 timing maps in the ecu:
-retarded map for bad tank of gas
-standard map--that it runs most of the time
-advanced map that nobody can explain when the ecu actually uses this map

hope that helps