Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Finally running GOOD! Thanks to Sharif@Forged along with Eric & Co. from CPRacing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Peking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally running GOOD! Thanks to Sharif@Forged along with Eric & Co. from CPRacing!

Some of you might know that I have been having problems with all kinds of things since first getting my boost installed...

2004 Nissan 350Z Silverstone

Turbonetics Ball Bearing Single Turbo Kit

Turbo: Turbonetics 60-1 Ball Bearing Turbo

Intercooler: Spearco Large W.A.V.E. Technology Core with Cast End Tanks

Fuel Management: Turbonetics Tuned Upgraded ECU with Larger Injectors (380cc)

Air Filter: Turbonetics AF-1

Wastegate: Turbonetics Evolution

Blow Off Valve: Turbonetics Raptor with Polished Discharge Horn

Intercooler Piping: Black Chrome Mendrel Bent Aluminum

Exhaust Pipes: Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel with V-band Connection Between All the Pipes

Downpipe: 3.0" Polished Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel

Cusco LSD Type RS 1.5 350Z

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs 1 step colder VQ35DE

Jim Wolf Technology Oil Pan Spacer Kit 350Z/G35 VQ35DE

Tanabe Ultra Medalion (Single) Titanium Exhaust

AEM UEGO Wideband O2 Air/ Fuel Gauge

Defi D-Gauge 52mm Boost Mechanical Black

Defi D-Gauge 52mm Exhaust Temp (EGT) Black

IntensePower.com Full A-Pillar Triple Gauge Pod

Window Tint 15%

AAM SPec Return Complete Return Fuel System

Upgraded to RC Engineering 440cc Injector Set VQ35

Greddy E-Manage Ultimate Main Unit

Greddy E-Manage Ulimate Complete Harness along with various pressure sensors

AutoSport Wiring Harness for 350Z/G35

DNA Motorsport.com Standered Boost Controller

So anyway results from before on a Dyno Pack at 8.5psi are...

As you can see the A/F is very inconsistant and drops like crazy into the low to mid 10's so pretty rich there.

But now the newest results from a Dyno Dynamics... Base line dyno result...

And now the results at about 10psi (reason I say about is because the standered boost controller doesn't seem to be exact)...

As you can now see with the new modifications and E-Manage Ultimate tuning the A/F is much more consistant and things are ubber bueno

Considering that the basic Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit is at 8psi (I added some shims to get to 8.5psi), seems most folks are getting around 360 whp... And I was on the Dyno Dynamics around 350 whp before the new mods and tuning...

So after the mods and raising the boost to about 10psi I am in the 400 WHP CLUB!!! Once again huge props and THANKS to SHARIF@FORGED AND ERIC & Company at Carolina Performance Racing for their help and great work....

There are many shops in Georgia, but it is well worth the drive to these guys

Last edited by Peking; 10-10-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Peking

Just a couple of pics from before, I will post up some new ones some time soon

I was really starting to hate the car, I even put her up on Autotrader.com... But now strong feelings again for this car and set-up... Man did Sharif and Eric really pull this out for me and hopefully Sharif will post up with the more technically stuff

Last edited by Peking; 10-10-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Just a couple of pics from before, I will post up some new ones some time soon
I was really starting to hate the car, I even put her up on Autotrader.com... But now strong feelings again for this car and set-up... Man did Sharif and Eric really pull this out for me and hopefully Sharif will post up with the more technically stuff
Congrats bro glad they got it worked out. And I know that un-modified stock FPR wasn't helping you at all either. I'm glad you got everything to the way you like it and are happy with your car again. I wish I coulda done more to make it work for you...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Peking, thanks for sharing, and glad you were happy. The boost was roughly the same before, and after, believe it or not....it just built up faster with the addition of the boost controller. You are looking at between 8.5 and 9.5psi, depending on which gauge you look at. Some of them are relative pressure, and some are absolute pressure. The Greddy pressure sensor (relative), logged on the EU was showing a consistent 9.0-9.5psi.

So what are your driving impressions?

Oh, FYI for everyone, these motors with stock cams and intake start losing power after 6200-6500rpm, so I intentional map tune it rich beyond that, as Peking has a 7100rpm rev limit. Since the motor isnt making more power, all you are doing is creating more heat, and putting a lot of thermal load on the motor. A rich mixture towards redline will help avoid detonation. And Peking assured us he wont rev it much past 6600rpm..right?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Congrats bro glad they got it worked out. And I know that un-modified stock FPR wasn't helping you at all either. I'm glad you got everything to the way you like it and are happy with your car again. I wish I coulda done more to make it work for you...
Thanks man, from day one you have been a huge help... This seemed like the easiest way for me to get things right (like the Full Return Fuel System) since we talked about the fuel pressure and what not before

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hey Peking, thanks for sharing, and glad you were happy. The boost was roughly the same before, and after, believe it or not....it just built up faster with the addition of the boost controller. You are looking at between 8.5 and 9.5psi, depending on which gauge you look at. Some of them are relative pressure, and some are absolute pressure. The Greddy pressure sensor (relative), logged on the EU was showing a consistent 9.0-9.5psi.
So what are your driving impressions?
Oh, FYI for everyone, these motors with stock cams and intake start losing power after 6200-6500rpm, so I intentional map tune it rich beyond that, as Peking has a 7100rpm rev limit. Since the motor isnt making more power, all you are doing is creating more heat, and putting a lot of thermal load on the motor. A rich mixture towards redline will help avoid detonation. And Peking assured us he wont rev it much past 6600rpm..right?

No thank you Funny cause on my boost gauge I am at 10psi so def. not exact I guess

Driving is great, so smooth and man didn't down shift once to fifth while on the drive home on the hwy with barely putting pressure on the gas pedal and then she is pulling. Didn't really get on it last night other than with you since it was late and I was a little tired. And I won't be going past 6600 RPM LOL.

Also I was messing with the re-sizing of the CPR graphs, and made them to small... So I will post those graphs up again later today after going back to my sisters to use her scanner... I should have just left them alone LOL.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:07 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Thanks man, from day one you have been a huge help... This seemed like the easiest way for me to get things right (like the Full Return Fuel System) since we talked about the fuel pressure and what not before

No thank you Funny cause on my boost gauge I am at 10psi so def. not exact I guess

Driving is great, so smooth and man didn't down shift once to fifth while on the drive home on the hwy with barely putting pressure on the gas pedal and then she is pulling. Didn't really get on it last night other than with you since it was late and I was a little tired. And I won't be going past 6600 RPM LOL.

Also I was messing with the re-sizing of the CPR graphs, and made them to small... So I will post those graphs up again later today after going back to my sisters to use her scanner... I should have just left them alone LOL.

Good stuff bro...in the end you are happy with the car and kit and that is good news to me...And hot damn if Sharif can't tune like nobody's business... I'm sure some more people will be looking at the tuner system from now on...
Old 10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Peking

Good stuff bro...in the end you are happy with the car and kit and that is good news to me...And hot damn if Sharif can't tune like nobody's business... I'm sure some more people will be looking at the tuner system from now on...
Hell yeah, this kit is no joke... And Tuner Version is and what I would suggest since you could use a guy like Sharif and Eric to tune that sucka

Also got the CPR graphs back up

Last edited by Peking; 10-10-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:43 PM
g356gear

I am assuming the e-ultimate was being used on top of the t-netics reflash for fine tuning?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by g356gear
I am assuming the e-ultimate was being used on top of the t-netics reflash for fine tuning?
From what Sharif was saying before... Yes I do believe they were.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy for you man....And my car is headed to CPRacing next week for the same treatment.....EU, 440CC injectors, AAM fuel-system, boost controller, and Sharif's magic touch.

I absolutely LOVE this turbo kit, but the reflash is just coming up short. My car is in the 9's AFR, my boost is pounds too high and I've gone into limp mode once....gotta do something. I believe the tuner kit will be the way of the future, not because the reflash doesn't work well for most people, but because it's inconsistent and too hard to deal with if it needs adjusting (unless you happen to live near TS).

MIA, bro for a guy who has nothing to gain by helping out other Tnetics owners, you sure do put in a lot of work, and we all really appreciate it. You are the man.

Sharif...See you next week!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:22 PM
kcobean

Oh, BTW, I spoke with Tadashi at Technosquare....We're going to reflash my ECU back to stock. He said it's a piece of cake.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kcobean
Oh, BTW, I spoke with Tadashi at Technosquare....We're going to reflash my ECU back to stock. He said it's a piece of cake.
Hey Kelly thanks for the kind words....As for reflashing back to stock if they are going to charge you for it call Reggie first and see what they can do to help out...I know they can put it back to stock also...
Old 10-10-2005, 01:32 PM
kcobean

Hey Kelly thanks for the kind words....As for reflashing back to stock if they are going to charge you for it call Reggie first and see what they can do to help out...I know they can put it back to stock also...
I spoke with Reggie, he referred me to Tadashi. Cost is minimal though, so I'm not sweating it. Thanks man.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
MIAPLAYA

I spoke with Reggie, he referred me to Tadashi. Cost is minimal though, so I'm not sweating it. Thanks man.
No worries...glad to hear it and I can't wait to see your numbers...Its time to change what Cobean luck means to you
Old 10-10-2005, 01:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

It is nice to see all the Turbonetic owners sharing info and helping each other. This is a breathe of fresh air compared to seeing everyone slaming one product or another.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by zland
It is nice to see all the Turbonetic owners sharing info and helping each other. This is a breathe of fresh air compared to seeing everyone slaming one product or another.
I don't think there was ever an issue with Turbonetics owners helping each other...I think we've always done that...but I know what you are getting at...
Old 10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
kcobean

Its time to change what Cobean luck means to you
LOL.....Amen to that brother....Amen to that.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

LOL.....Amen to that brother....Amen to that.
I must say if your numbers look like Pekings I may have to spend even MORE money before I go full built motor. Hey Sharif want to do a West Coast reunion tour?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
D350Z10

Great numbers.. very impressive numbers and tuning!
Old 10-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must say if your numbers look like Pekings I may have to spend even MORE money before I go full built motor. Hey Sharif want to do a West Coast reunion tour?
I'd love to. I miss all my buddies in So Cal..I really do!

Kelly, I mentioned To Eric@Cprace that you'll be dropping off the car on the 22nd. Looking forward to having the beautiful car of yours at the shop.

Quick Reply: Finally running GOOD! Thanks to Sharif@Forged along with Eric & Co. from CPRacing!