Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

How do I "motivate" my shop to do what they say they will do...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry How do I "motivate" my shop to do what they say they will do...

...when they say they'll do it. Here's the situation: As most of you know my car is in the shop in another state. I purchased a new exhaust system and sold the GReddy it has now. The shop told me a week and a half ago that they'd ship it to the buyer for me and put the shipping charges on my bill, since they'd have to ship it either way cause I'm not driving back to OK with a dirty exhaust scraping up my trunk area. I was told that the exhaust would be shipped last week, or beginning of this week at the latest. Well, my buyer is getting anxious (understandably) because he sent me the money two weeks ago. He called the shop and asked what the deal was with the shipping and the rude ******* POS who answered the phone told him it hadn't shipped yet, and wasn't going to ship anytime soon because they don't have a box to fit it. My buyer told him he'd reimburse him to stop by a UPS Store on the way to or from work and purchase a suitable box, and the guy at the shop said "he does enough there during the day and won't do anything pertaining to work after he leaves". SO, I'm about to have to refund my buyer's money all because my shop has the most horrible customer service I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with (this isn't the first issue, by far).

ps, you all know what shop I'm talking about, and I've got alot more to say that I've kept quiet about if they don't start stepping up to the plate.

Last edited by failsafe306; 11-03-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:47 PM
cessna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucks man.... a case of beer never hurt!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:51 PM
002-M-P

Originally Posted by cessna
Yepp...case of beer never did hurt. Sucks to here it though man, sometimes shops can be *****es about stuff.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:51 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by cessna

I quit drinking, but this car stuff is about to kick me off the wagon.

I think they can find the time to find a box, they just don't want to. They figure, they've got my money, so they can treat me as ****ty as they want. I mean, ***, I'm paying them thousands of dollars, and they can't even do the smallest thing to make me, the customer, happy. That really says alot about the company. There are other issues with the shop that I have but won't go public until I absolutely have to.

I should have shipped the car to SGP in the first place.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Machupo

i would publish their name on one of the largest 350Z enthusiast web sites around... an attitude like that is unforgivable... when you work in a service industry, it's the whole point...

at least that would get them talking!

Last edited by Machupo; 11-03-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they are a member of the Better Business Bureau you may be able to use that to get them move. Just threaten them with filing a complaint. Down side: they don't care and even less gets done.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by teh215
If they are a member of the Better Business Bureau you may be able to use that to get them move. Just threaten them with filing a complaint. Down side: they don't care and even less gets done.
That's what I'm afraid of.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Machupo
i would publish their name on one of the largest 350Z enthusiast web sites around... an attitude like that is unforgivable... when you work in a service industry, it's the whole point...

at least that would get them talking!
A quick serch would get you that info
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM
booger

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I quit drinking, but this car stuff is about to kick me off the wagon.

I think they can find the time to find a box, they just don't want to. They figure, they've got my money, so they can treat me as ****ty as they want. I mean, ***, I'm paying them thousands of dollars, and they can't even do the smallest thing to make me, the customer, happy. That really says alot about the company. There are other issues with the shop that I have but won't go public until I absolutely have to.

I should have shipped the car to SGP in the first place.
Not a good reason to start drinking again....but if you can come up with a good reason..I'll have a beer with you....17 years with out a drink...wish I could stop smoking now . Hang in there....it will get done sooner or later . We have no control over other people
Old 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
theking

Tell the buyer to drive to Chicago. J/K. I feel your pain.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Brando

Red face

Did you say "Please"?????
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by oldvfrguy
Did you say "Please"?????
Yes, with sugar on top.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
cessna

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Yes, with sugar on top.
Try that with some beer and some scotch, it works for me all the time
Old 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
xxlbeerZ

If it's the shop I'm thinking of, Irshad and the girl I spoke with were really nice and helpful, but some other dude I talked to once or twice was kind of rude... Maybe just try a different person.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:11 PM
rico3682

I am that buyer and Chris is great and more than helpful, but the jerk at the shop is not. I mean I work 8-6 mon-fri and trust me, I do plenty of work outside the office just because that is the type of business I run. Customer Service is key in almost any industry. When you spend thousands of dollars with a shop, they should take 5min to fulfill a favor for you. I even offered to pay for the box and his time. Its not like he wasnt going to be compensated. Bottom line, he came right out and said it to me, he isnt helping because "I didnt buy it from him" I hope he comes to his senses or gets an earful from his boss, because Id love my exhaust.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:25 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
If it's the shop I'm thinking of, Irshad and the girl I spoke with were really nice and helpful, but some other dude I talked to once or twice was kind of rude... Maybe just try a different person.
Problem is that I can't get a different person. Everyone is at SEMA now, and it should have gone out before they left like I was told it would be. Unacceptable, given the amount of money I've given them so far.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Gman2004

this is just bullchit. even though it is not the shops responsibilty to ship the exhaust, it is the least they could do after you spend thousands of dollars at their establishment. Sounds like they have the same cocky attitude of the product they are authorized to sell.

I feel your pain man, it seems like no matter how much money you spend or where you go, you just can't get good service now a days.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:32 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gman2004 PM sent....

Respect
JET
Old 11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Gman2004
even though it is not the shops responsibilty to ship the exhaust, it is the least they could do after you spend thousands of dollars at their establishment.
That's just the thing, they made it their responsibility when they agreed to do it. How else is it supposed to leave there? It's either ship it back to me or ship it to my buyer; I'm paying shipping fees either way. All they have to do is take 20 min to unbolt the GReddy and evap relocation bracket, come up with a box, and have their daily UPS guy pick it up the next day. It's not like I'm asking them to bend over backwards for me. Plus, if they're too busy to fulfill their committment to me, they should take in less work, or not tell me they'd do it in the first place.

Off topic, but Gman, how much are you paying to have your car shipped from Miami to Houston?

Last edited by failsafe306; 11-03-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Z BOY

AFTER you get your car back in good working order, write the shop owner a letter about your experience, promise him you'll never use his shop again for that reason, stick to your promise, and then post the name of the shop here.

Quick Reply: How do I "motivate" my shop to do what they say they will do...