Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

what's the deal with the Innovative LC-1 Wideband gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:19 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry what's the deal with the Innovative LC-1 Wideband gauge?

this thing has been worthless since day 1

what's the trick to it? It does nothing but flash random crap or the same exact numbers over and over again - and flashes them so fast you can barely read them.

I bought it from Sharif, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him because he's gone at SEMA.

I've hooked up a laptop, I've launched the Programmer software (I swear I just want to read my A/F - nothing fancy) and I can't get this thing to behave any different at all. When I go to update the firmware with the firmware file from their site, it doesn't recognize the firmware file as real firmware - wtf?

And this thing pisses me off to no end with it using a serial port - serial port? WTF? It's hard to find a laptop these days that even has one!

I've spent too much time messing with this thing. I think I'm going to try to just return it and get a Defi D gauge A/F gauge
Old 11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
joeymia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
this thing has been worthless since day 1

what's the trick to it? It does nothing but flash random crap or the same exact numbers over and over again - and flashes them so fast you can barely read them.

I bought it from Sharif, but I haven't been able to get ahold of him because he's gone at SEMA.

I've hooked up a laptop, I've launched the Programmer software (I swear I just want to read my A/F - nothing fancy) and I can't get this thing to behave any different at all. When I go to update the firmware with the firmware file from their site, it doesn't recognize the firmware file as real firmware - wtf?

And this thing pisses me off to no end with it using a serial port - serial port? WTF? It's hard to find a laptop these days that even has one!

I've spent too much time messing with this thing. I think I'm going to try to just return it and get a Defi D gauge A/F gauge

did you calibrate it before hooking it up?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:12 PM
joeymia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/s...C-1_Manual.pdf

Read page 8
Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use a terminator plug on the LC-1? Remember that the first device in an MTS chain has to be terminated, that's what that termiantor plug is for. Plug that into the IN, then the serial cable from the OUT to the computer, OR to an XD-1 gauge's IN port, followed by XD-1's OUT port to the computer....it's all very logical and straightforward. If you don't have serial ports, just buy a Belkin USB-Serial cable...that's it. It's about $12-15 i think.

This is all assuming you followed the directions in the instructions. From what it looks like (random numbers), you didn't properly calibrate the unit. Unplug the sensor from the LC-1, turn ON the unit (key on your car), wait 5 seconds, turn off the unit. This will make erase the heater calibration value (assuming you didn't follow the instructions correctly the first time. Then reconnect the unit, and turn on the car...wait for a while (a minute...)this will complete the heater calibration. If oyu didn';t do this procedure with the sensor in open air or with the car having been shut off for at least 7 hours, do the following to calibrate the 02 sensor...: use the calibration wire and touch it to the ground this will calibrate the O2 sensor for oxygen content.

Also, you should wire the unit ground, and the analog ground wires TOGETHER at he same ground point, and the HEATER ground at another grounding point...this will reduce the noise even further. This is something that any other gauge won't allow of course. If you follow the directions carefully, you WILL have formula-1/OEM quality R&D gauge readings, there is a reason why Ford uses LC-1's exclusively for all of their R&D.

Last edited by GurgenPB; 11-03-2005 at 11:51 PM.