Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

E-manage U map window issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:20 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question E-manage U map window issue

I am posting this here because there are probably more Ultimate users here. When I open up the different maps it opens in a sized window that wont allow full view of the y axis if you will. It will let me scroll all day long on the x-axis. If I resize the window it resizes but still does not show any more of the vertical cells. I cant even scroll around to see them. Its just all messed up. We loaded it on our desktop and it works fine. I think the problem is the Dell laptop we are using. It is brand new 15.4" wide screen model.

My question does anyone have any ideas how get the entire map to show or at least be able to scroll around. Right now I can only see about the first 10 or so vertical cells. This makes tuning very very difficult, actually damn near impossible with this computer. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I do have the latest version of the software and everything.

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:23 AM
VandyZ

One other thing I get errors on all 6 of my ignition signal inputs when i start up the software. . .whats up with that? I am positive it is wired up correctly. It does not complain about the output signals only the input. Did I do something wrong. I heard somewhere that maybe the instructions were backwards.

Thanks, again!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 AM
overZealous1

if you can't grab the edge and pull the window open more, i'm not sure what your prob could be. there should be 16 vertical cells. as far as having a 6 ignition channels not making it into the eu. it doesn't really matter what color stripe goes in or out, just as long as you just have the correct wires from the ecu going into the eu. if that is correct, then you may need to have it checked out. is your parameter settings correct in the ignition section? i had a prob with mine but only on a couple cylinders randomly. had to replace.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
VandyZ

We are using the Autosport patch harness. It lists them in order 1-6 in the error log. The car runs and drives. Last night it rand fine perfect a/f's today the a/f's are much higher.

So far we have not really done much to explore the problems. I basically patched the harnesses in and set up the car and loaded maps. Just kinda playing around.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Vandy, I have seen those errors before on other cars...I think they are a software glitch. If you had all the inputs f'ed up...the car wouldnt run.

In regards to the mapping, that is odd. So if you maximize the main screen, then you should be able to drag the individual maps around...and enlarge them to your heart's desire.

Call me!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the emanage burned 4 of my coils,and an ECU, "its like i bought a number six from MCdonalds, and they gave me a a free supersize~!!!!"POS thank god for the HKS Vpro
Old 11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
the emanage burned 4 of my coils,and an ECU, "its like i bought a number six from MCdonalds, and they gave me a a free supersize~!!!!"POS thank god for the HKS Vpro
The EU doesnt do this...unless you or your installer leaves the key in the on position for an extended period of time. And it most certainly doesnt fry ECU's. The are no signals being sent to the stock ECU aside from a 0-5 MAF voltage signal. Lots of happy customers are using the EU will great results.

The HKS VPro is awesome....I just wish you didnt have to be a HKS certified pro dealer, and pay a large license fee...in order to tune it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:56 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
The EU doesnt do this...unless you or your installer leaves the key in the on position for an extended period of time. And it most certainly doesnt fry ECU's. The are no signals being sent to the stock ECU aside from a 0-5 MAF voltage signal. Lots of happy customers are using the EU will great results.

The HKS VPro is awesome....I just wish you didnt have to be a HKS certified pro dealer, and pay a large license fee...in order to tune it.
actually when i got the EU, Jotech installed it. The instructions where wrong, kenji at greddy, even verified it.When my ecu blew, we put a ecu from another 350z in, it blew his too, greddy fixed my ecu, and gave me a new EU. After the new EU was hooked up, my car still sounded like garbage. Jotech took it off. Why dyno it and risk a blow up if you know something is wrong. The car was put back to a stock ecu, and it still ran like crap. Jotech troubleshot and fixed everything the EU messed up. After that BS i decided a Vpro is the best way to go for NOW. its a ***** too be a HKS certified dealer. I swear Kenny guards the "tuning USB key", with 20 pitbulls and a gun, lots of people try to borrow the tuning key from him, but you know what will happend if he lets them. ive seen the vpro do some extreme work. Ide rather have the EU for 500.00, but its worth another 500.00 for the vpro IMO

Last edited by BoOsTedz33TT; 11-04-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by BoOsTedz33TT
actually when i got the EU, Jotech installed it. The instructions where wrong, kenji at greddy, even verified it.When my ecu blew, we put a ecu from another 350z in, it blew his too, greddy fixed my ecu, and gave me a new EU. After the new EU was hooked up, my car still sounded like garbage. Jotech took it off. Why dyno it and risk a blow up if you know something is wrong. The car was put back to a stock ecu, and it still ran like crap. Jotech troubleshot and fixed everything the EU messed up. After that BS i decided a Vpro is the best way to go for NOW. its a ***** too be a HKS certified dealer. I swear Kenny guards the "tuning USB key", with 20 pitbulls and a gun, lots of people try to borrow the tuning key from him, but you know what will happend if he lets them. ive seen the vpro do some extreme work. Ide rather have the EU for 500.00, but its worth another 500.00 for the vpro IMO
Not trying to get into a big debate here. But the wiring diagram is wrong, but the wiring "instructions" are correct.

And for the record, the HKS FCon is way more than $500 more than an EU...its more like $1500 more...especially if you get the Knock Amp which is highly recommended for tuning.

FI.com alone has sold 50 EU's in the past 2 months, and less than 3 people have had any issues with it..mostly shops miswiring the thing. Thats not a bad track record at all, given the complexity of something like the EU. I wish it was plug and play.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 11-04-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:25 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

i meant 500 more, because off all the drama, i got the fcon for cost