Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Auto meter gauges and Zeitronix

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:33 AM
CaneZMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto meter gauges and Zeitronix

Is there any benefit of the electronic sport comp boost gauge versus the mechanical sport comp boost gauge? electronic is is 150 more.

also, I was thinking about getting the narrow band A/F gauge and hooking it into the simulated narrow band output of the zeitronix wideband. I know it wouldn't be accurate, but it should get rich under boost, and lean when decellerating, right?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:51 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CaneZMD
Is there any benefit of the electronic sport comp boost gauge versus the mechanical sport comp boost gauge? electronic is is 150 more.

also, I was thinking about getting the narrow band A/F gauge and hooking it into the simulated narrow band output of the zeitronix wideband. I know it wouldn't be accurate, but it should get rich under boost, and lean when decellerating, right?
Yes, an electronic boost gauge is much easier to install and less prone to problems. Also, with the electronic boost gauge you get the peak/warn function on the gauge. I use the peak function ALL THE TIME to check and see where I'm at as far as safety is concerned. The warning function is very nice too, as to alert you of possible overboosting.

One of the main advantages to the particular model I have is it displays 15psi max. This is also a huge plus as I'm only boosting to around 9psi, and I can see every small fluctuation in the boost. Compare that to some of the other gauges out there that max at 35psi (Defi), and imagine how much easier the Autometer is to read.