Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Maximum #'s seen from tnetics kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I installed all those parts but didnt put the boost controller or get an engine management would the power remain the same since the boost stays the same or would I feel the power increase.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by solidsnake
If I installed all those parts but didnt put the boost controller or get an engine management would the power remain the same since the boost stays the same or would I feel the power increase.
If you installed low compression pistons and forged rods with no boost controller, then you would still be running stock boost. But because of the lower compression you would have slightly more turbo lag, and your power would actually be down a little. To take advantage of the built block you would need everything MIA mentioned and a return style fuel system, both AAM and CJM make nice fuel systems-$1000-1300 for that, and upgraded injectors. Then you can max out the turbo in your kit now for 550whp? or so. If I was going that far I would throw some cams in as well, as I believe Sharif said stocks cams run out of breath around 500whp or so iirc.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:32 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
I've made 460rwhp and 530tq. with the standard Turbonectics kit, built motor, and our fuel system on a 350Z! To make more I'd suggest the 62-1 upgrade they offer.

Were the 550cc injectors close to being maxed out?
I am trying to decide between 440's and 550's. Motor is not built. I will have a fuel system and UTEC or EU + boost controller shortly. I also have the NISMO exhaust which I am guessing is a little too restrictive. Looking for around 400whp at 8.5psi.

To all the TN guys that added fuel systems and injectors, were the 440's maxed out? How much power are you making and at what boost? Whats it take to just break the 400whp mark as safely as possible?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Were the 550cc injectors close to being maxed out?
I am trying to decide between 440's and 550's. Motor is not built. I will have a fuel system and UTEC or EU + boost controller shortly. I also have the NISMO exhaust which I am guessing is a little too restrictive. Looking for around 400whp at 8.5psi.

To all the TN guys that added fuel systems and injectors, were the 440's maxed out? How much power are you making and at what boost? Whats it take to just break the 400whp mark as safely as possible?
They will be if you go over the low 400's WHP... Remember the complex formula in figuring out what size injectors are effective for your set-up LOL.

Anyway for what you want 440cc will do the trick along with the proper fuel pressure. As Sharif has tech. stated already
Old 11-26-2005, 07:21 PM
nissansource

shoot just go 750cc
Old 11-26-2005, 08:03 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Peking
They will be if you go over the low 400's WHP... Remember the complex formula in figuring out what size injectors are effective for your set-up LOL.

Anyway for what you want 440cc will do the trick along with the proper fuel pressure. As Sharif has tech. stated already
For these injectors I've heard otherwise. If so I know someone who has gone past 450whp safely on the 380cc PE injectors(which are basically the same thing that come with the TN kit). So, while 440cc injectors might be ideal, this still leads be to believe that these 380cc's would work into the low 400's.

I think I'm going to wait to hear how the UTEC works for folks here before deciding upon engine management. At that time, I'm going to most likely be upgrading to a custom fuel return system and trying the TN(denso) 380cc injetors. At that time if we run into problems, I'll upgrade to the 440cc's.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:58 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

I am most likely going UTEC. Its the last part I need to get this all done. I guess I'll let you know how it works out

Back to the injectors:
A local tuner god recently told me to go with 550's because he was maxing out the 440's on the Z and G he recently tuned. They were both FI but ATI Procharger based which make peak power up top. Not sure if that is pertinent though. One of the cars was Mike Lee's which is making around 400rwhp. The other is a G35 and will make similar power.
I thought that the 440's were good for around 450whp?
I was also told that going with 550's would be ok but the tune might not be as clean.
So 750's would be dumb. Bigger is not always better, depends what you are looking for.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:38 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am also getting the U-tec and with all of my mods @ around 9psi I am looking for 435rwhp and 440rwtq, on stock internals. It can be done, I have seen many people do it, That block should be able to hold 450rwhp stock. Many people are at 9 psi and still running fine.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by taurran
For these injectors I've heard otherwise. If so I know someone who has gone past 450whp safely on the 380cc PE injectors(which are basically the same thing that come with the TN kit). So, while 440cc injectors might be ideal, this still leads be to believe that these 380cc's would work into the low 400's.

I think I'm going to wait to hear how the UTEC works for folks here before deciding upon engine management. At that time, I'm going to most likely be upgrading to a custom fuel return system and trying the TN(denso) 380cc injetors. At that time if we run into problems, I'll upgrade to the 440cc's.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't doubt the 380cc injectors could hold out for more power... But for how long? How safe? How reliable? Along with how much locking/pissing it is doing (since they would def. be going into the high 90% duty cycle)... Just imagine what could happen if there was no fuel even for a instant with full boost. I just don't want to take that chance, with also not paying for bigger injectors I don't actually need for the power I am putting down. Right now with the 440cc I can get into 95%, but that is not often so I do not worry.

Also why is there doubt with the UTEC? This is a proven EMS system, just visit a Subaru/EVO forum, and considered one of the best.

Oh and the comment on going with the 750cc injectors, something that is funny... 4 Banger guys are quick to upgrade their injectors to 550cc or way more in their set-ups and trust me when I say they don't even come close to the power most of us put out LOL. From their EMS reading lower cc injectors max out, but I am not a expert to figure out why that is for them and for example not us.

So when I got my Turbonetics kit, many folks raised a eyebrow when I told them my size injectors and the possible power the Z would put out.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:27 AM
taurran

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't doubt the 380cc injectors could hold out for more power... But for how long? How safe? How reliable? Along with how much locking/pissing it is doing (since they would def. be going into the high 90% duty cycle)... Just imagine what could happen if there was no fuel even for a instant with full boost. I just don't want to take that chance, with also not paying for bigger injectors I don't actually need for the power I am putting down. Right now with the 440cc I can get into 95%, but that is not often so I do not worry.
A local shop owner has been running PETT 350z (with 380cc injectors) in race conditions for extended periods at 10+psi, and at 450+whp. My car is a street car, under nowhere near the load those injectors were normally placed.

I understand your concern. And, while the larger injectors may be slightly more adequate, I don't think they are a requirement to put a car with this kit at 400whp, not at all...

Also why is there doubt with the UTEC? This is a proven EMS system, just visit a Subaru/EVO forum, and considered one of the best.

Yeah, there is doubt here for a few reasons:
A) No one has given real world impressions of this system. I don't really care what Subaru owners say about it, for all we know the 350z variant could be garbage (highly unlikely, I know). I'm going to wait until we see some results here on the forums before I jump in and spend $1000 on a piggyback when I can get one that does the job for $400.
B) Price. I have other options that would save me a lot of money and get me to the same results.

In the end, taking this kit to 400whp is not worth spending $3000+ on parts/labor (for only 30whp). I'd like to get there eventually, and also eventually build my motor, but I'd like to go about it right, but with the least possible expense. The last thing I want to do is upgrade to 440cc injectors, build the motor a year or two down the road, and then have to buy 550cc injectors.

35ounces: I don't see maxing out 440cc injectors without having a built motor and really pushing the limits of the 60-1 turbo that comes with this kit.

Last edited by taurran; 11-27-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by taurran
A local shop owner has been running PETT 350z (with 380cc injectors) in race conditions for extended periods at 10+psi, and at 450+whp. My car is a street car, under nowhere near the load those injectors were normally placed.
I understand your concern. And, while the larger injectors may be slightly more adequate, I don't think they are a requirement to put a car with this kit at 400whp, not at all...
Yeah, there is doubt here for a few reasons:
A) No one has given real world impressions of this system. I don't really care what Subaru owners say about it, for all we know the 350z variant could be garbage (highly unlikely, I know). I'm going to wait until we see some results here on the forums before I jump in and spend $1000 on a piggyback when I can get one that does the job for $400.
B) Price. I have other options that would save me a lot of money and get me to the same results.
In the end, taking this kit to 400whp is not worth spending $3000+ on parts/labor (for only 30whp). I'd like to get there eventually, and also eventually build my motor, but I'd like to go about it right, but with the least possible expense. The last thing I want to do is upgrade to 440cc injectors, build the motor a year or two down the road, and then have to buy 550cc injectors.
35ounces: I don't see maxing out 440cc injectors without having a built motor and really pushing the limits of the 60-1 turbo that comes with this kit.
Fair enough, different strokes for different folks or in this case some our thoughts/personal opinions/views
Old 11-28-2005, 03:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

dyno sheet for this guy:

Old 11-28-2005, 04:05 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Do I see correctly? does it say Flywheel power?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:10 PM
MIAPLAYA

Every Dynapack I have ever seen says that...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Peking

Yeah, though it the dyno is connected to the wheel hubs... So maybe some formula Dynopack uses to measure Fly results... Or maybe it just says that on the print out.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
nissansource

hmm i dont think soo.. my dyno dyna pack numbers do not say flywheel
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
nissansource

I think he needs to hit a different dyno to make this voodoo come out
Old 11-28-2005, 04:20 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by nissansource
hmm i dont think soo.. my dyno dyna pack numbers do not say flywheel
If you look at all the Turbo Shoot out numbers from the Sport Z shootout they are all done on a Dnyapack and say flywheel HP. So does the JWT dyno:
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp
Old 11-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
If you look at all the Turbo Shoot out numbers from the Sport Z shootout they are all done on a Dnyapack and say flywheel HP. So does the JWT dyno:
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp
Also my dyno from my two threads I made in here.