Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Eliminateing MAF With Autotune Setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:14 PM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
do you still have the a/f target map set up? does the datalogging show the same figure as the a/f gauge through the eu? if not then the conversion isn't right and the eu may be trying to use that info and internally cutting alot of the maf signal to try to match what it thinks your a/f gauge is outputing. it may not show up in datalogging when the eu is adjusting for the a/f target map.
maybe try hooking the eu up and don't choose any maps and see if you still get a prob.

Yep tried it all, with maps with out maps, sensor plugged in, sensor unplugged, verrified all the numbers were matching on the A/F logging.

I've attached the last 3 data logs. The autorun is the my setup that auto tuned set up. The next one is the next day, the 4500rpm studder. the unit is cutting out under hard accelleration at 4500 RPM. The last was vacleak. I thought it was a vac leak until I hooked up all the sensors and unplugged the EU. It ran with no codes.

So take a look at the data logs and see if you see anything I don't.

EDIT: Files didnt attach so I hosted them:
http://www.streamload.com/App.asp

Last edited by punish_her; 12-02-2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:32 PM
IceY2K1Max

Worth a shot, but I had a bad stutter/hesitation and I found I hadn't re-taught the TPS min/max after playing with some settings and uploading.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by IceY2K1Max
Worth a shot, but I had a bad stutter/hesitation and I found I hadn't re-taught the TPS min/max after playing with some settings and uploading.
thanks for the suggestion. I tried that early on. my TPS max was 4.17 so I tried in auto and manual mode. after it crashed it wouldn't go past 2400 so I manual input 4.17v into the max justin case that was affecting it.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 PM
punish_her

I reverted back to 1.06. The car started and ran. I loaded 1.09 it didn't so 1.09 is crap! So back to the 1.06 I went and did a comparison check, just a minute ago. I loaded a a basic new map with just the engine type selected and nothing else. Started the car, it started but I got and got the ever present P0102. Then I compared the map to Sharif's this is what I got for the difrences in the 2 setups.

: Other Error
Parameter Setting : Throttle
Parameter Setting : CH Setting
Parameter Setting : A/F Target
Parameter Setting : Main Logger
Parameter Setting : A/T Shift

Funny thing is the other error. I did the comparison map to all the maps I had and the "other error" kept poping up.

Is this pertinent?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Punish, how is the car running overall, aside from these codes?

Does it sound and run normally?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:36 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Punish, how is the car running overall, aside from these codes?

Does it sound and run normally?
I'll data log the start up if that helps; letting it run for a bit to get the rough idel and every thing else.

overall the car runs like crap with the EU. Absolutly not drive able, well technically it is because it starts runs and moves. But its deffinately not good that its hitting the limmiter at 2400 all the time.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by punish_her
I'll data log the start up if that helps; letting it run for a bit to get the rough idel and every thing else.

overall the car runs like crap with the EU. Absolutly not drive able, well technically it is because it starts runs and moves. But its deffinately not good that its hitting the limmiter at 2400 all the time.
Please email me the current file you are used. Something is defiantely not right here. Maybe your boost limited cut voltage is not set correctly...or something. The only time the cars dont rev past 2500rpm is when the boost limiter cut is not set right, or the MAF wires are switched....input/output.

I have never seen this issue with the EU....unless it was something in the settings on the wiring.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:47 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Please email me the current file you are used. Something is defiantely not right here. Maybe your boost limited cut voltage is not set correctly...or something. The only time the cars dont rev past 2500rpm is when the boost limiter cut is not set right, or the MAF wires are switched....input/output.

I have never seen this issue with the EU....unless it was something in the settings on the wiring.
The file I used, the version or the eu set up? If its the EU setup I left the one you sent me on the eu after tinkering. All the setups I used net the same results. I'll send you the EU verion I'm using, right now 1.06. and the set up is a straight download from what you sent.

I've checked the wires more times than I can remember. The white(input) wire is comming from the sensor the green wire is going into the ECU (output). one thing to remember thought the EU has been working good for months. The only time it didn't is when the Greddy conectors worked loose on the 1 & 5 IG wires and I got missfired but that was fixed. Thats was months ago. Since then its been super.

Thats the odd thing it was running fine before this. I have data logging form this. every thing seemed fine.