Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Detonating on 93 Octane

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
With my success with the Tilton Rally clutch / flywheel combo the fact that it holds 690tq @ flywheel........and costs a little over 1,000..... I wonder why more people dont have it.....
I think the inital costs of the Tilton made it a niche market item in that most people didn't need THAT little mass or THAT stiff of a clutch when N/A. Later on when people go F/I and spend tons of money there either isn't enough money left for it or there is a viable and reliable alternative to it that is MUCH cheaper. Not many people are boosted on a Tilton clutch. I know of two including you.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Peking

JET, any updates man?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

I have one and its called Stage 1.5....anyone feel like a piggyback and some bigger injectors for a DAMN good price?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I have one and its called Stage 1.5....anyone feel like a piggyback and some bigger injectors for a DAMN good price?
I just read your thread

To bad for me haha... Oh well live and learn
Old 12-17-2005, 06:54 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
I just read your thread

To bad for me haha... Oh well live and learn
I know...when I was posting this I cringed as I thought of you and Kelly... Sorry bro, if I had known sooner I would have told you both...This is something I have been begging them to do and they are finally going to do it..
Old 12-17-2005, 06:56 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

yeah me too. Just got the uTEC, injectors, fuel return etc. Oh well.
Whats TN going to sell stage 1.5 for anyhow?
what ems and injectors will they use?
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Peking

I know...when I was posting this I cringed as I thought of you and Kelly... Sorry bro, if I had known sooner I would have told you both...This is something I have been begging them to do and they are finally going to do it..
No worries folk, just using different ways to sorta kind the same thing... Which is more power, and trying to stay within safe bounds

Originally Posted by 35ounces
yeah me too. Just got the uTEC, injectors, fuel return etc. Oh well.
Whats TN going to sell stage 1.5 for anyhow?
what ems and injectors will they use?
Curious as well if you know MIA?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

yeah of course. MIA helped me out a lot during install. I owe him a lobster dinner or something.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:33 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh that's just great.....NOW they come out with this stuff.....that's it, I'm taking this kit off and throwing it in the garbage.

J/K ....It's great that they're releasing the Stage 1.5 kit. Realistically, for the price increase, it's probably no more than I payed for an EU and 440's (and I don't believe anyone on stock internals needs the capacity that drop-in 550CC injectors would offer). With the AAM fuel system, the boost controller and the installation fees (and the rock solid tune), I don't believe I paid more than the St. 1.5 kit would cost with these same extras...This St. 1.5 kit just makes the kit better for the community, which is exactly what I would expect from a company like Turbonetics...continued bettering of products and product offerings based on customer experience and market demand. Good for them...and GO TURBONETICS!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by kcobean
Oh that's just great.....NOW they come out with this stuff.....that's it, I'm taking this kit off and throwing it in the garbage.

J/K ....It's great that they're releasing the Stage 1.5 kit. Realistically, for the price increase, it's probably no more than I payed for an EU and 440's (and I don't believe anyone on stock internals needs the capacity that drop-in 550CC injectors would offer). With the AAM fuel system, the boost controller and the installation fees (and the rock solid tune), I don't believe I paid more than the St. 1.5 kit would cost with these same extras...This St. 1.5 kit just makes the kit better for the community, which is exactly what I would expect from a company like Turbonetics...continued bettering of products and product offerings based on customer experience and market demand. Good for them...and GO TURBONETICS!!!
Oh yeah, and this was my 5,000th Post!!!
Old 12-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by 35ounces
yeah of course. MIA helped me out a lot during install. I owe him a lobster dinner or something.
Yeah me too , but from "Curious as well if you know MIA?" I was meaning I was also wondering the same question as you on the price and EMS that will be used lol. Also I did see the other thread were MIA could not disclose that info at this time

Oh yeah, and this was my 5,000th Post!!!
Someone is a post ***** (points elbow at Kcobean)

Done alot of posting since 04 lol, almost on track to meet my 9,616 posts on Ephatch.com (starting from 02) then you can come play with the big boys

Just messing and congrats

Last edited by Peking; 12-17-2005 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:19 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Peking
Someone is a post ***** (points elbow at Kcobean)

Done alot of posting since 04 lol, almost on track to meet my 9,616 posts on Ephatch.com (starting from 02) then you can come play with the big boys

Just messing and congrats
LOL...Actually, I pride myself on VERY rarely posting just for the sake of posting. But being a moderator, I spend alot of time keeping people in line. NOW BACK OFF OR I'LL BAN YOUR SORRY @$$!!!!

J/K

Does this post count as post-whoring? Be careful how you answer. J/K again.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Peking

LOL...Actually, I pride myself on VERY rarely posting just for the sake of posting. But being a moderator, I spend alot of time keeping people in line. NOW BACK OFF OR I'LL BAN YOUR SORRY @$$!!!!
J/K
Does this post count as post-whoring? Be careful how you answer. J/K again.
Actually I was the same, I looked down on "post whoring" a good bit but only in what I consider the "important" sections. Didn't care if folks wanted to ***** it up (reasonable) in like the Off-Topic and local sections.

When I first became a mod on Ephatch there was a huge jump in my amount of posting exactly for the reason that you stated... Keeping things in line and order.

And no on this as post whoring , I actually pretty much consider anything more than one sentance to be a reasonable post (even if we go a little off topic like this LOL).

It is the "one liners" or less that gets on my nerves LOL (meaning folks who make consistant "one liner" posts to raise their counts).
Old 12-18-2005, 05:48 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

JET,

Do you have any idea when you might try the new WG?
I'd like to know what you have in mind on how its going to be installed too.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 PM
SoFla350z

JET,

Do you have any idea when you might try the new WG?
I'd like to know what you have in mind on how its going to be installed too.
+1
Old 12-19-2005, 07:06 PM
nissansource

probly a tightttt fit
Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
kcobean

Had dinner with JET tonight....not sure if he brought a computer with him from FL, so I figured I'd try to update everyone. They tried a 38MM Tial gate on his car today, with some results, but it's still experiencing boost creep, which is a clear indicator that the exhaust velocity and entry angle into the gate are an issue (at least they are to me).

JET,
Nice to meet you in person finally. I'm sure you have more information than I provided.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 AM
taurran

I know some of you already know, but my car is running fine with the SBC-ID3 boost controller in. I'm able to regulate boost with no problems whatsoever. I'm also hitting 8.5psi at around roughly 3k rpms. Before, I was hitting about 9-9.5psi with my Fujitsubo exhaust.

I was considering installing my old Pro-1 exhaust to see how well it worked, but I'm busy with the holidays and too damn lazy to jack my car up (it's a ***** with the body kit on).
Old 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by taurran
I know some of you already know, but my car is running fine with the SBC-ID3 boost controller in. I'm able to regulate boost with no problems whatsoever. I'm also hitting 8.5psi at around roughly 3k rpms. Before, I was hitting about 9-9.5psi with my Fujitsubo exhaust.

I was considering installing my old Pro-1 exhaust to see how well it worked, but I'm busy with the holidays and too damn lazy to jack my car up (it's a ***** with the body kit on).
That's cool. I can't wait until I have a boost controller that can actually do it's job.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:48 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Had dinner with JET tonight....not sure if he brought a computer with him from FL, so I figured I'd try to update everyone. They tried a 38MM Tial gate on his car today, with some results, but it's still experiencing boost creep, which is a clear indicator that the exhaust velocity and entry angle into the gate are an issue (at least they are to me).

JET,
Nice to meet you in person finally. I'm sure you have more information than I provided.

Interesting. Did that huge motha TurboSmart WG not fit?

When you say "entry angle into the gate" are you actually referring to the 90 degree wastegate angle or the angle that the dump pipe joins the down pipe ?

When do you think you will be trying the next test?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Detonating on 93 Octane