Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Street Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:15 AM
atlsupdawg#2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Tuning

Wanted to post this here since a majority of ECU tuning comes from the F/I crowd as opposed to the NA crowd.

Anyway, has anyone had exerience in street tuning their Z? If so can you please share your views on using this method compared to tuning on a dyno? I'm sure the gains won't be the exact same between the two but how close can you come to acheiving on a street tune what you would on a dyno tune?

From what I've heard and read, when you tune on a dyno you almost always have to lean out your fuel maps and make additional adjustments to your timing maps as well. A dyno doesn't accurately create real-world conditions such as airflow or ram effects. Also, the constant load placed on the engine by the dyno and lack of those real-world conditions causes higher than normal temps which would be the reason for a richer mixture. Would these statements be pretty accurate to justify a total street tune??

Just wanted to get some more insight from the experienced guys as I'm trying to lean more toward learning the tuning aspect of the game.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 AM
UnderPressure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.efi101.com