Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Tnetics Overboost w/Aftermarket Exhaust List

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:25 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol Kelly you should be the person b1tching lol you were one of the first to mention, lol with time i guess.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
The issue this pipe is intended to fix has no effect whatsoever on normal, daily driving. What does "totally messing up" mean exactly, and how is it related to the boost fix we're awaiting? I agree the wait is tough, but I have one of the more severe cases of overboost and my car runs fine as long as I'm not pushing it hard.
the car drives fine unless i get on the boost. its spools up then suddenly just blows off the BOV. its very strange. Any suggestions.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by solidsnake
the car drives fine unless i get on the boost. its spools up then suddenly just blows off the BOV. its very strange. Any suggestions.
Wow...that definitely is nothing to do with the boost fix piping we're waiting on. So let me see if I understand.....when you get on it, the turbo starts to spool and then the BOV opens and you lose boost while you're still on the throttle? It sounds like you have a vacuum line problem to your BOV. Since the BOV is fed by signal from the manifold, when you're in boost, the BOV should be held shut by the combined force of the spring in the valve and the pressure from the manifold. If your BOV is opening, one of several things is happening...either you're losing the boost signal from the manifold or the spring in the valve is broken. In either case, if you're not holding boost because the BOV is opening while you're still under throttle, that has nothing to do with the new piping.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
solidsnake

Originally Posted by kcobean
Wow...that definitely is nothing to do with the boost fix piping we're waiting on. So let me see if I understand.....when you get on it, the turbo starts to spool and then the BOV opens and you lose boost while you're still on the throttle? It sounds like you have a vacuum line problem to your BOV. Since the BOV is fed by signal from the manifold, when you're in boost, the BOV should be held shut by the combined force of the spring in the valve and the pressure from the manifold. If your BOV is opening, one of several things is happening...either you're losing the boost signal from the manifold or the spring in the valve is broken. In either case, if you're not holding boost because the BOV is opening while you're still under throttle, that has nothing to do with the new piping.

That sounds about right. The problem started after we installed the new spark plugs, we took out for a drive and hit it hard and of course it went into limp mode. car cut fuel, didnt shut off the motor but the fuel was a no go. we had to shut the car off for a minute then restart, after that it's never been the same. My mechanic has it now so what do you suggest he looks at since tnetics wont help.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
kcobean

That sounds about right. The problem started after we installed the new spark plugs, we took out for a drive and hit it hard and of course it went into limp mode. car cut fuel, didnt shut off the motor but the fuel was a no go. we had to shut the car off for a minute then restart, after that it's never been the same. My mechanic has it now so what do you suggest he looks at since tnetics wont help.
Since you had the plenum off, first thing I'd do is make sure you have no leaks from the compressor outlet all the way to the plenum. Then, I'd check all your vacuum lines for tears, holes, loose connections, etc. Then I would pull the BOV off and check to make sure that the plunger is moving as it should. I'd even pull it apart and make sure that the diaphragm is in tact and healthy. I would also check your MAF sensor/housing/connector for damage. Are the plugs the same plugs with the same gap as previous, or did you change plugs?

When you're not pushing it hard, does the car drive normally? Has it gone into limp mode since that one episode? Any SES codes now? Does the boost fall off to 0 or vacuum (i.e. total loss of boost) or just a lower boost level.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
solidsnake

Ill have my friend message you tomorrow. Are you on AIM or yahoo messanger?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
kcobean

Ill have my friend message you tomorrow. Are you on AIM or yahoo messanger?
AIM: kcobean
Yahoo: kcobean2003
Old 02-21-2006, 06:16 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off let me drop a little info. Buying a Tial wastegate will get you a little bit more poor and net you ZERO results. The problem is not the wastegate as I have stated COUNTLESS times in this and other threads. If you would like to purchase a Tial wastegate you are more then welcome to but unless you move the position you will see zero benefit. Furthermore solidsnake your issue has ZERO to do with the wastegate fix. I told you this in PM I believe. If your bov is venting as soon as you hit boost we have an issue. Number one of course would be check for any boost leaks. But you did not reply about whether or not your vacuum line is connected in the right place or not and whether or not it is leaking. Think about it like this. The pressure in the manifold exerts force on the diaphram leaving the BOV closed until it sees a large vacuum change and then opens. If you BOV is opening under boost then chances are that the BOV is not seeing the pressure it needs to remain closed. If this started after you installed spark plugs you problem has about ZERO to do with this overboost thing.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:23 AM
solidsnake

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
First off let me drop a little info. Buying a Tial wastegate will get you a little bit more poor and net you ZERO results. The problem is not the wastegate as I have stated COUNTLESS times in this and other threads. If you would like to purchase a Tial wastegate you are more then welcome to but unless you move the position you will see zero benefit. Furthermore solidsnake your issue has ZERO to do with the wastegate fix. I told you this in PM I believe. If your bov is venting as soon as you hit boost we have an issue. Number one of course would be check for any boost leaks. But you did not reply about whether or not your vacuum line is connected in the right place or not and whether or not it is leaking. Think about it like this. The pressure in the manifold exerts force on the diaphram leaving the BOV closed until it sees a large vacuum change and then opens. If you BOV is opening under boost then chances are that the BOV is not seeing the pressure it needs to remain closed. If this started after you installed spark plugs you problem has about ZERO to do with this overboost thing.
Well my friend said thats what he tried to explain to tnetics while he was on the phone with them. I asked what there response was and he said they kept mentioning new pipe. I gave my mechanic all the info you guys said to look at and I hope it works out. I will keep yall informed.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Chances are they were confused as to your issue. Yours is not an "overboost" issue but rather a not holding boost issue. My bet is on the vacuum source for the BOV.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:28 AM
solidsnake

Lets hope thats it. That can be fixed. I totally need my car back soon..LOL
Old 02-21-2006, 12:59 PM
down_shift

Fuji Exhaust, 10.3 PSI
Old 02-26-2006, 10:34 AM
rs350z

holy smokes matt 10!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:53 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blk180sx
Here your update on the new wastegate pipes. I made the decision to have the rest of the pipes mass produced which takes a little more time but the end result will be better looking pipes. I do apologize for the delay. I will have the pipes here at Turbonetics on February 28th for sure. Which means the latest you should see your new setup would be March 10th. Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

If you have any questions regarding this please PM me.

Reggie Wynn
Turbonetics Inc.
Are we still on schedule? My new shop appointment is set for March 15. I am really hoping I wont have to change it again.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Far as I know yes. REggie won't be back until tomorrow I think. I'll confirm then..
Old 02-27-2006, 01:14 PM
D350Z10

YEs same here My car is scheduled to go in marth 6th and be there for a couple of weeks. I hope they will be out by then
Old 02-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Phatmitzu

HIN San Diego is just around the corner...I need to get my car tuned.

How can I be sure that Reggie got my PM?
Old 02-28-2006, 11:11 AM
MIAPLAYA

The pipes are shipping tomorrow per Reggie. All of them.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:21 AM
D350Z10

Tomorrow as in 03-01-2006??? !!! THAT WOULD BE EXCELLENT!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The pipes are shipping tomorrow per Reggie. All of them.

Thanks Rob, that is good news.

Quick Reply: Tnetics Overboost w/Aftermarket Exhaust List