Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddy or Turbonetics.. I knew this would happen..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
MIA, is the housing on the TN turbo the same size as a GT35, or smaller?
I have no idea...what are physical dimensions of the GT35?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I have no idea...what are physical dimensions of the GT35?
I have no idea either..I usually just hold them in my hands. I thought you might know how they compare..off the top of your head.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:09 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
I have no idea either..I usually just hold them in my hands. I thought you might know how they compare..off the top of your head.
I looked at both compressor maps today..they look similar in terms of max air flow but then again I don't know if the map I looked at is what APS is using..
Old 01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
georgec

Originally Posted by Zilvia
sorry....lil offtopic:

what Kit has the bigger turbo APS(st) or TN
The APS is a 65 lb per minute mass air flow turbo and the system is designed to support approx 400 to 450 whp with a big exhaust.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
MIAPLAYA

The 60-1 max flow rate appears to be about 60 lb per minute of air based on the compressor chart and has already shown numbers of 465 RWHP and 520 ft/lb of tq at 14 PSI on Modified Mags Project Z...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
znot

greetings from an 04 g35 6mt SEDAN.......humm, the more i look/read into this, it seems like the single t/netics is suitable for me.......meaning, i don't track or autocross...it's my daily driver and drive around with enthusiam when solo and 400rwhp on stock internal is fine with me.......
current bolt-ons: pro1 headers, crank pulley, kn drop in filter, 1/2" M/d plenum spacer, iso thermal gasket, y-pipe, Z intake tube, Z midpipew/stock muffler....

next down the line is a place for installation.....noticed a few on this thread is local to me, Walnut/Diamond bar......preferred a shop that has done this install on a VQ, more specifically, a 6mt g35 sedan........

inputs, comments welcome......the more the better!!!

Last edited by znot; 01-19-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:49 AM
deviljon

Originally Posted by znot
greetings from an 04 g35 6mt SEDAN.......humm, the more i look/read into this, it seems like the single t/netics is suitable for me.......meaning, i don't track or autocross...it's my daily driver and drive around with enthusiam when solo and 400rwhp on stock internal is fine with me.......
current bolt-ons: pro1 headers, crank pulley, kn drop in filter, 1/2" M/d plenum spacer, iso thermal gasket, y-pipe, Z intake tube, Z midpipew/stock muffler....

next down the line is a place for installation.....noticed a few on this thread is local to me, Walnut/Diamond bar......preferred a shop that has done this install on a VQ, more specifically, a 6mt g35 sedan........

inputs, comments welcome......the more the better!!!
im in walnut/diamond bar as well and was looki for a shop around here...

i drive a 06 6mt 350z ..

-Jon
Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Beer Goggles

Be sure to look into the current issues with the TN kit having problems controlling boost!!!! You may want to wait or explore another kit that isn't having that trouble.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:02 PM
znot

thanks for the heads up, can you clarify a little more? links?
Old 01-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Beer Goggles

The list is started here and I'm sure their owners will come in and say there's nothing wrong, but unless they are all installed wrong this isn't a "small" problem.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/163095-tnetics-overboost-w-aftermarket-exhaust-list.html
Old 01-19-2006, 12:28 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

TN seems to have resolved the issue (as posted yesterday by MIA) so I guess its not as significant as you think.

Last edited by 35ounces; 01-19-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:32 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Beer Goggles
Be sure to look into the current issues with the TN kit having problems controlling boost!!!! You may want to wait or explore another kit that isn't having that trouble.
The issue is a non-factor as of this week...
Turbonetics will be finalizing testing on another car that had this issue to verify the proposed fix is good to go before calling it done. did you point him to the issue with the Emanage blue frying coils, the lack of timing adjustment out of box, the leaking wastegate gaskests that happen to be fixed by installing Turbonetics gaskets, or the fact that you don't even get a fuel pump with the Greddy kit? i didn't think so...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Beer Goggles

The issue is a non-factor as of this week...
Turbonetics will be finalizing testing on another car that had this issue to verify the proposed fix is good to go before calling it done. did you point him to the issue with the Emanage blue frying coils, the lack of timing adjustment out of box, the leaking wastegate gaskests that happen to be fixed by installing Turbonetics gaskets, or the fact that you don't even get a fuel pump with the Greddy kit? i didn't think so...

Where did I recommend a kit? Man you're out of control with your fan boy stuff. Whatever you want to say that it wasn't a current issue. All I did is point out the current issues of the kit that you guys are telling everybody.

As much as you want to promote it, why not point out the problems. This is one reason to NOT listen to people that pump something up so much.

No where did I say that GReddy doesn't come with a set of issues, as ALL kits do. But installed correctly with a freaking $95 fuel pump you can run 400hp.

But keep it up. You're continual effort to promote the one kit you own is counter productive.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Where did I recommend a kit? Man you're out of control with your fan boy stuff. Whatever you want to say that it wasn't a current issue. All I did is point out the current issues of the kit that you guys are telling everybody.

As much as you want to promote it, why not point out the problems. This is one reason to NOT listen to people that pump something up so much.

No where did I say that GReddy doesn't come with a set of issues, as ALL kits do. But installed correctly with a freaking $95 fuel pump you can run 400hp.

But keep it up. You're continual effort to promote the one kit you own is counter productive.
Whatever dude. If you had actually read the thread you linked you would have seen its no longer an issue. How bout next time before you start posting about things you don't have updates on you check what you're linking. I could post an answer to every Greddy problem I mentioned but then again I dont go around posting about every issue they have without also including updates or a solution to them...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Beer Goggles

Whatever dude. If you had actually read the thread you linked you would have seen its no longer an issue. How bout next time before you start posting about things you don't have updates on you check what you're linking. I could post an answer to every Greddy problem I mentioned but then again I dont go around posting about every issue they have without also including updates or a solution to them...

Whatever, like I said. No where have i recommended any TK just looking out for people and making them aware of issues that are current. So last night the Tnetics fairy flew around and fixed everybodies car? funny how you can come be the guy who pumps your TK in every other TK thread, but when somebody points out a CURRENT issue you have to say isn't one.

You either have a stake in TN or something because you're in a TN dream world where issues aren't issues and you get butt hurt over things that are real issues.

So when somebody mentions to another member to do some research, how about you just step away.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
MIAPLAYA

Whatever, like I said. No where have i recommended any TK just looking out for people and making them aware of issues that are current. So last night the Tnetics fairy flew around and fixed everybodies car? funny how you can come be the guy who pumps your TK in every other TK thread, but when somebody points out a CURRENT issue you have to say isn't one.

You either have a stake in TN or something because you're in a TN dream world where issues aren't issues and you get butt hurt over things that are real issues.

So when somebody mentions to another member to do some research, how about you just step away.
Wow first of all I didn't say everyones car was fixed last night. I said IF YOU READ THE THREAD YOU LINKED you would see Turbonetics has come up with a solution and will be sending it out to those who need it. Do you not understand my last sentence?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
veilside350zTT

Haha Rob loves turbonetics.. Anyhow I ordered my Turbonetics Kit Monday and it should be here in about a week.. Now i gotta buy Gauges im gonna go DEFI BF (amber) I think those are pretty nice.. and expensive.. If anybody knows where i can get a kick *** deal let me know.. Im in the process of deciding on clutch and flywheel.. If i even get a flywheel at all.. The shop im going through says it might be better not to get a flywheel at all.. Says boost will kick in sooner with heavier flywheel because of pressure or something.. I have never owned a turbo car. Please let me know what u guys think about that issue
Old 03-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Purple_Peer

About a safety Greddy setup,

what do i also need for the Greddy kit w/FMIC to make it save?
Things like fuel return, oil pan etc..?
We are talking about 400 - 450 rwhp.
Do i need a dyno tuned ecu going the save way or is a out of the box configuration save enough?

Thanks a lot!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:54 PM
ChunKy350Z

Greddy tt
Old 03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Beer Goggles

Originally Posted by Purple_Peer
About a safety Greddy setup,

what do i also need for the Greddy kit w/FMIC to make it save?
Things like fuel return, oil pan etc..?
We are talking about 400 - 450 rwhp.
Do i need a dyno tuned ecu going the save way or is a out of the box configuration save enough?

Thanks a lot!
With the stock boost 5.5psi you'll be at about 340whp and to go any higher in boost you'll need to change the fuel pump. With the Fuel Pump you should be able to up the boost to 7psi and get about 400whp with the stock GReddy TK and FMIC.

Most people will recommend getting the car tuned since that is the best way to ensure you are running correctly.

Quick Reply: Greddy or Turbonetics.. I knew this would happen..