Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Please help me decide, to boost or not

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:06 AM
LODOSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah i had a boosted car before.. so i know how addicting it is.. but i think this will be my fastest car yet.. my vr4 put dwna about 300 at awd wheels but that weighs 3800 lbs.. so i would assume at the stock lvl on tn 7-8 lbs i can put down 320-340? at 3200 lbs.. it'll be plenty for me.

so if i take it up to AAM i am sure that they can send it off to TN to get it done.

in VA, there are no SNiffer but i believe they do a visual.. thats what i am worry that they won't see a cat there and then its game over.

the catless version elimnates all cats on the car? does give bad exhaust fumes like catless NA does?

I would not mind running the car at around 6-7 lbs.. but from my undrstanding the stock wastegate is like 9 lbs.. so this won't work unless i change the wastegate.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 PM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LODOSS
Yah i had a boosted car before.. so i know how addicting it is.. but i think this will be my fastest car yet.. my vr4 put dwna about 300 at awd wheels but that weighs 3800 lbs.. so i would assume at the stock lvl on tn 7-8 lbs i can put down 320-340? at 3200 lbs.. it'll be plenty for me.

so if i take it up to AAM i am sure that they can send it off to TN to get it done.

in VA, there are no SNiffer but i believe they do a visual.. thats what i am worry that they won't see a cat there and then its game over.

the catless version elimnates all cats on the car? does give bad exhaust fumes like catless NA does?

I would not mind running the car at around 6-7 lbs.. but from my undrstanding the stock wastegate is like 9 lbs.. so this won't work unless i change the wastegate.
When you get the kit, it's going to run 8-8.5psi with the stock exhaust. If you have an aftermarket exhaust you will see higher boost depending on how free flowing it is. However, this can easily be fixed by adding a softer wastegate spring and a boost controller. Mine is running perfectly with a 7psi spring and the Blitz SBC.

Yes, it eliminates all cats on the car, and gives the exhaust gas fumes. Do they require you to run the stock cats in VA? If so, it will never pass visual inspection (which is dumb, imo).

On stock boost levels you can expect to get anywhere from 360-390whp on this kit. If you turned the boost down to 7psi I'd guess you'd be at around 330-365whp or so...
Old 02-01-2006, 03:36 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont get the 3.9 final drive if u plan on getting the TN kit. its a very bad idea to make your gears shorter with that much power. it will be almost impossible for u to hook up.

most of the fi guys change the FD on a manual to the taller 3.3 FD found on autos, this gives them more gearing to get traction.