Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

~Turbo Systems~

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:27 PM
MFAnello350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont i need a torque converter?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
BobaFettm

No neeeed... would be nice though! Depends on what your looking for... if your a straight line guy... GET the converter!!! You dont wanna be like me and boosting and it flowing nice and cute to the next gear

FOR ME... I dont want one right now at all... the massive torque hit between shifts on a small autocross course can send me backwards VERY easily!!!

its gonna be your own choice and what not... im going to be slightly above 400whp (hopefully)... with a trans cooler for the racing... YES most Greddy TT Z's will walk me in a straight line... but my rear wheels look like this...

/ \

LOL So I dont get the amount of grip in the straights as you might want...

so it ranges person to person!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:09 PM
MFAnello350

hmm im just worried about the whole deal about the car breaking on me...im putting everything i have into this car and afraid im gonna expierence problems down the road..which i hope i dont but is a good possibility...should i do bolt ons or FI i just want sumthing nice and make alot of power, yes i race alot and yea i want the best but also dont want my car to be in the shop b/c of sumthing stupid or anything in that field...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MFAnello350
hmm im just worried about the whole deal about the car breaking on me...im putting everything i have into this car and afraid im gonna expierence problems down the road..which i hope i dont but is a good possibility...should i do bolt ons or FI i just want sumthing nice and make alot of power, yes i race alot and yea i want the best but also dont want my car to be in the shop b/c of sumthing stupid or anything in that field...
It all depends on your budget. Also remember Don't spend money you do not have. You will find the right medium between and be very happy.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:05 PM
MFAnello350

your helping me alot its just things that go through my head...tryin to decide for what is best for me and the car...a friend of mine told me to do motor work instead,cams,camshafts,bored out engine...etc....idk too much about that but another Z owner told me to supercharge it...i really dont know much but i THINK i would do a vortech if i had to...he said to watch out for Turbo lag and the turbo vaccum?? i know supercharger is right off the belts but still....i wanna know as much as i can b4 spring time and MraTurbo...sorry i havent called u back..been really busy over here wit sckool....my appologies...
Old 02-04-2006, 12:40 PM
mraturbo
Banned

I called and left a message. Send me a PM on the best time to call and we can chat.

Thanks

M
Old 02-04-2006, 04:08 PM
MFAnello350

Mraturbo- will do on that,....anything i should watch out for? maybe turtbo lag?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:50 PM
MFAnello350

can anyone else help me out??
Old 02-05-2006, 10:53 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Mraturbo- will do on that,....anything i should watch out for? maybe turtbo lag?
What turbo lag??......With the JWT TT kit,... pretty much non-existant.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:15 PM
MFAnello350

what about the APS systems??
Old 02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

what about the APS systems??
The APS TT is a nice kit as well, with a bit more lag than the JWT (it is noticable) but both these (APS & JWT) TT kits are much better in the lag department than most.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:05 AM
captj3

I have an APS TT I have no lag at all. I hit full boost at 3k. If you have this kit installed at a aps dealer or unichip tuner they can tune it so you hit full boost below 3k. I have 14k on stock bottom and the car runs great. There are shops near you that can take care of install and tune.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
The APS TT is a nice kit as well, with a bit more lag than the JWT (it is noticable) but both these (APS & JWT) TT kits are much better in the lag department than most.
I will put my car up against a JWT equiped one and I will bet you will not notice any difference in terms of lag

Originally Posted by captj3
I have an APS TT I have no lag at all. I hit full boost at 3k. If you have this kit installed at a aps dealer or unichip tuner they can tune it so you hit full boost below 3k. I have 14k on stock bottom and the car runs great. There are shops near you that can take care of install and tune.
+1

on a TT setup, you won't have lag. Even on the ST setup I drove, the lag was minimal. The Z is much different that most cars. Your buddy is referencing a 4 cylinder with a somewhat large turbo where you get a wait, wait, wait, OK NOW BOOST feeling. The Z is not like that even with a single turbo. The VQ has good power downlow and spools a turbo(s) very quickly
Old 02-06-2006, 03:43 PM
taurran

I'd have to agree there on both parts. I doubt the JWT TT has noticably less lag than the APS TT. You must have an extremely sensitive *** to be able to feel that...

Id have to also agree that the ST kits aren't very far behind the TT in the lag department at all. I hit full boost at about 3200 rpms with the TN kit, and I understand that the APS ST hits maybe 100-200 rpms sooner. The turbonetics 60-1 hits *very* hard when boost hits, though. I think I actually prefer it to the smoother (and more boring, imo) power delivery of the TT's.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Cool........... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I on the other hand HATE turbo lag, the less the better. And, yes, weather you like it or not, the lag difference is noticeable. even the slightest lag can prove big dividends on the track (especially a real road racing track).
Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Oleg

Default Finally, APS vs. JWT

I knew it would be a matter of time before the arguments on which TT is better, APS or JWT would spark up....
Old 02-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Cool........... everyone is entitled to their opinion. I on the other hand HATE turbo lag, the less the better. And, yes, weather you like it or not, the lag difference is noticeable. even the slightest lag can prove big dividends on the track (especially a real road racing track).
Thanks for allowing us to have our "opinion"

Again, I put my car up against a JWT setup any day.

Even if the lag difference is as notable as you state, if it meant coming to your shop for an install, I'll pass.

The JWT is a fine kit, just not as complete as VRT would want you to believe.

OMG, look at all that turbo lag - I mean 300wtq at 2300 rpms and over 400wtq at 3250, I just don't know how I will manage

Last edited by Zivman; 02-06-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:14 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I do not know why you are sooo combative Relax man.

Cool, sounds great, bring your car from MN. to any, or all of the track days we attend and you will see for yourself. In fact let me know if there is any way I can help you out with doing that (I would LOVE to). Until then try being a little less argumentative, nobody is out to get you...or your well put together TT kit........I promise .Hahaha!

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 02-06-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Daytona350Texas

hey punk when are you going to get back at me!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
pope

I do not know why you are sooo combative Relax man.

Cool, sounds great, bring your car from MN. to any, or all of the track days we attend and you will see for yourself. In fact let me know if there is any way I can help you out with doing that (I would LOVE to). Until then try being a little less argumentative, nobody is out to get you...or your well put together TT kit........I promise .Hahaha!
well said. i would love to see a little scott vs zivman on the track... make sure to get some video.

Quick Reply: ~Turbo Systems~