Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VRT/JWT Quest for 800+ WHP Daily Driver...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OCG35Coupe
Nice to see all the haters that ruined the "Any VRT Customers" thread have not ruined this thread too.

kjbalto
BriguyMax
BoostedZ33TT
Gman2004
Vq.turbo.DremZ
Miaplaya

my350z would like to thank you all for not chiming in.
The "haters" have not ruined the thread cause VRT has toned down their approach since their first post, but if you want to start again then I will contribute. What ever happened to VRT saying they didn't care for dyno queens? All of a sudden now they want to go for big power after talking smack to everyone else for wanting to do it.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I know this discussion bored and most of you are very "into" dyno numbers. The fact of the matter is, we at VRT DO NOT want to, nor need to try to make BIG 600+ hp numbers, it is not our goal and objective at all. I understand people being impressed by big dyno numbers, after all it is kinda cool, and a true measure of horse power. But that is not at all our goal at VRT. I am more than sure that we can make some very high hp (5 second) dyno runs, if that was our goal. IMO, JMO, the dyno isn't the Holly Grail (say all do all) of performance, just a tool for measuring and tuning one particular aspect of a cars overall performance. I for one (IMHO) think it is more important and much more impressive to be able to take a given car (on gas bought at the corner convenience store) to a dyno and run some respectable numbers (400-550 to the wheels), then DRIVE that (without touching it at all) same car a few hundred miles to a (real) road racing track day, and again run some VERY respectable and impressive lap times, then (following the theme of NOT touching or tuning the car) use that same sports luxury car (G), or sports car (Z) for your daily commute to work, running errands, etc.

That IMO, is a WELL rounded car, and THAT is what our goal and objective is at VRT!
Here's the post.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Gman2004

mraturbo I will stop hating now. Actually I was just taking a jab at the arsehole who started this. Carry on sir!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gman2004
The "haters" have not ruined the thread cause VRT has toned down their approach since their first post, but if you want to start again then I will contribute. What ever happened to VRT saying they didn't care for dyno queens? All of a sudden now they want to go for big power after talking smack to everyone else for wanting to do it.
+1 thier work i never really questioned, but rather thier marketing approach that turned me off by them.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:18 PM
plumpzz

Can you blame them for experimenting? Their market is very small, and if permitted, anyone would try to shoot for a balanced machine. Its not like they're going for 800whp and noting else...they're going for a fully balanced track machine..that also has 800hp..

Last edited by plumpzz; 04-02-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Can you blame them for experimenting? They're market is very small, and if permitted, anyone would try to shoot for a balanced machine. Its not like they're going for 800whp and noting else...they're going for a fully balanced track machine..that also has 800hp..

WA2GOOD posted that quote in October not me. The only reason I posted it is because og35coupe or whatever he s/n is startede chit. If they wanted to experiment they shouldn't have bashed everyone else going for big power cause now they are going for it as well.

Anyway this is the last post I make about this. Let mraturbo get back on topic......800whp.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:35 PM
mraturbo
Banned

YOU KNOW. The original Hating Helped Bring VRT Into the Light. THANKYOU.

HOWEVER, MY Car, Grey 2003 G35C, isn't a Dyno Queen or Anything Close to a Drag Car....NOT at all.

NOTE: I was, with multiple VRT clients, at Laguna Seca (cool track yet raining and lame 9.5 hour drive each way from SD) two weeks ago, Willow Springs this past week passing a Nismo Tuned Skyline and a new Viper at 160 MPH, and California Speedway TODAY Passing a new ZO6 and Carrera GT (very sick car BTW if you haven't seen once in person).

Just got back from Cal Speedway...For the Time Attack. See photo below of my car if you haven't been Passed By It LATELY.

Ill try to get video and picts. Eagle, Native1 and 350ZNV were there as well and it was kick ***. 350ZNV (Project Double Down) won the time attack after we changed his rear Springs and rear tire set-up. Very proud of my boy. Awesome MB...

Also - Eagles White G35 was shot for a magazine feature in C16 today.

So to repeat - I DO NOT HAVE A DYNO QUEEN NOR Do I Have a Drag specific Car.

And will prove this statement with confidence to anyone who wants to join us at Spring Mountain in three weeks and show you how to pitch, throw, drift, slip, boost, and SIMPLY - blow by cars with all of my car's 700 WHP.

In addition, we just changed the Cams a Third time to make even more and will be on JWTs Dyno this next week to hit that 800 WHP. We will try to make 800 - 1000 WHP ASAP...And YES I will still race it at a track event near you soon. LOL...

FYI, Still A LOUD Cheerleader for a perfect 500WHP/550TQ car. 700+WHP is too much to handle and very $$$ to maintain. For 99% of everyone, IMO, 500 WHP/550 TQ is PERFECT and if you can drive that to the limit and have solid traction, you can rule the Road and Track.

Thanks Again For Hating At First...It just made us try harder!
Good luck.

Last edited by mraturbo; 04-03-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:40 PM
plumpzz

Oh okay Gman. Sorry about that. BTW, sweet cars here.. I wish i was makin some real dough! Note to self: don't buy nice cars when ur just a college student.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by mraturbo
All good however MY Car isn't a Dyno Queen at all. I was at Laguna Seca (raining and lame) two weeks ago, Willow Springs this past week passing a Nismo Tuned Skyline and a new Viper at 160 MPH , and California Speedway TODAY Passing a new ZO6s and Carrera GT (very sick car BTW if you haven't seen once in person). I just back back however will try to get video and picts. Eagle and 350NV were there as well and it was kick ***. 350NV won the time attack.

So I DO NOT HAVE A DYNO QUEEN and will prove it to anyone who wants to join us at Spring Mountian this in three weeks. However, I will make 800 ASAP.

Goodluck. Still Cheerleading for a perfect 500WHP/550TQ car to my customers. 700+WHP is too much to handle for 99% of everyone.

well I was just using that as a term because that's what you guys kinda implied back in October when VRT posted they didn't care about big power. I was not implying that you had a dyno queen. All I am trying to say is that others can have big power and put on a nice suspension to have a well rounded car as well.

As far as power I personally drive my car around at 5.5psi and sometimes put it on 10psi. I do have a 16psi but hardly use it. 10psi is more than enough. I wanted to go for more power, but I think I am just going to keep it as is. Went to go look at a Concept 27' sport/fish boat with a 250 Mercury Verado (supercharged) this weekend so I think I am going to start spending my money else where and buy more toys.

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-02-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:35 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Would Love to See that New Boat...Have Fun. Miami is Beautiful..

M
Old 04-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Gman2004

M
This is a thread jacking!

This is the one I was looking at. They only have 1 more instock. If I don't get it soon I will have to wait till after summer before they get more just like this.

San Diego is beautiful as well. I miss the weather there. I lived in that area for 8 years..........Old Town, Down Town, Clairemont, and Oceanside.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
g7342l

Default question

How much pwr can a stock auto take. Plz no hating on the question guyz I am new to 350z crowd and purchased a used 2004 ent 350z auto. love the car but looking to have simlar numbers to a stock 911 carrera. thx for the info team.
Old 04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
baileyrx

This is a thread jacking!

This is the one I was looking at. They only have 1 more instock. If I don't get it soon I will have to wait till after summer before they get more just like this.

San Diego is beautiful as well. I miss the weather there. I lived in that area for 8 years..........Old Town, Down Town, Clairemont, and Oceanside.
so i guess my 50 bucks will help pay for..........ummmmmmmmmmmm
22minutes of gas?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:05 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by g7342l
How much pwr can a stock auto take. Plz no hating on the question guyz I am new to 350z crowd and purchased a used 2004 ent 350z auto. love the car but looking to have simlar numbers to a stock 911 carrera. thx for the info team.
360 WHP. The 911 puts down around 280 WHP.

Gman, Nice Boat. Let us know if you get it and we can visit The Heat and have some fun.

M
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
tig488

mraturbo, what IC is that, doesnt look like the JWT IC.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by tig488
mraturbo, what IC is that, doesnt look like the JWT IC.
An Old Custom one using Spearco as a core. I had this front end with huge hole space to fill so I used this old IC from one of my previous SFR demo one off kits. We tweaked the piping and it works well by filling my front noise space.

M
Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
RnRRacing

Car looks good Mike.

Come by the shop sometime and check out my new G. We built a 2.5" true dual exhaust w/HKS HI/TI mufflers.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RnRRacing
Car looks good Mike.

Come by the shop sometime and check out my new G. We built a 2.5" true dual exhaust w/HKS HI/TI mufflers.
got some pics?

Thanks,
John
Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 PM
BobbyRitz

sheesh...I'm not a big hp guy but I get a little tired of the back and forth.

Sharif had it right...the market is PLENTY big for everyone. I agree that the spike was unusual. Maybe the clutch caused problems and the car was actually putting down more power. Who knows...

And as for money...let's not bore the Z community with posts about "what we can buy". My chitty 266 n/a whp shouldn't be confused with the amount of money and/or investments in my accounts. That's a fact.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by BobbyRitz
And as for money...let's not bore the Z community with posts about "what we can buy". My chitty 266 n/a whp shouldn't be confused with the amount of money and/or investments in my accounts. That's a fact.
If you are refering to me I wasn't trying to show off what I can buy. I was simply stating that I am no longer going for big power as I had previously wanted to and instead was looking into buying a boat. mraturbo posted he that would like to see the boat so I posted pictures.

M
I am very proud of the money you have in your accounts/investments, but don't bore with me that. Also don't let my almost 600whp FI confuse you with how much money I have socked away either.

If you weren't refering to me that forget what I have posted.

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-03-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Quick Reply: VRT/JWT Quest for 800+ WHP Daily Driver...