Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My car is coming back tonight but MUST READ so this doesnt happen to others!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, the CEL is pretty commong with piggy back ECU's. Most of the time, its the P0300 Random Cylinder Misfire code, and is usually nothing to worry about.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:12 AM
HotRodGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a shame, I have had eric working on my cars for a few years now, he's one of the only people I would trust with it. His work is often slow but in my experiences all good work is. I actually just had a car in there last week. Things went great. It's amazing how for every bad thread there is, there are another 10 guys who will say good things, but only the bad threads get noticed.

as far as the time thing, you have to understand that getting things done when shops say they will have them done, is very very rare. Doesn't matter if it's the body shop, stereo shop, tint shop, etc.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 03-15-2006 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:19 AM
JimRHIT

Well ... it seems like the BIG things that they happen to mess up are the ones that matter most.

If an endlink on your swaybar is disconnected ... oh darn, the car will handle bad for a day.

If you front and rear springs are accidentally mixed up .. oh ... no big deal (common mistake to some)

If you FI kit boost spikes, is poorly tuned, or something else fails ... Pop goes your motor ... there's $5k easy .. oops.

Bad press for sure .. sucks that the bad threads get noticed ... maybe it shows something ... for a simple job .. SI is fine for installs, but it appears with this case .. and our other recent one ... SI is NOT the place to go for some Forced Induction.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
That's a shame, I have had eric working on my cars for a few years now, he's one of the only people I would trust with it. His work is often slow but in my experiences all good work is. I actually just had a car in there last week. Things went great. It's amazing how for every bad thread there is, there are another 10 guys who will say good things, but only the bad threads get noticed.

as far as the time thing, you have to understand that getting things done when shops say they will have them done, is very very rare. Doesn't matter if it's the body shop, stereo shop, tint shop, etc.
I would cause a big stink as well if this happened to my car, and i think it DOES say a lot about a shop. Once time is too frequent for mistakes like that imo.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:35 AM
inferno2469

wonder if this guy had problems and that is why his is selling his car. engine work done at Street Image.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissa...22023878QQrdZ1
Old 03-15-2006, 11:41 AM
JimRHIT

nah .. that is Red6's car .... its fine .. he is moving on to something now .. like a lot of us old timers did
Old 03-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
If you FI kit boost spikes, is poorly tuned, or something else fails ... Pop goes your motor ... there's $5k easy .. oops.
Bad press for sure .. sucks that the bad threads get noticed ... maybe it shows something ... for a simple job .. SI is fine for installs, but it appears with this case .. and our other recent one ... SI is NOT the place to go for some Forced Induction.
I have to agree with Jim on this one but also STREET IMAGE has a habit of not returning phone calls when you need them. I have called numerous times to get a quote before the mess with Jorge's turbo and they never called back. The crappy way they installed his turbo could have become a safety issue for him. If the car would stall as you guys may know the sterring wheel locks so if that was the case the outcome could be very bad. I would stay clear of that shop and go elsewhere especially how they treated someone who spent the amount Jorge did with that crappy shop. When I use to work at stillen my top priority was to return phone calls and keep my customers informed of any and all delays. Even one phone call to keep him posted would have been enough but they told him he calls too much to check on his car. If they would keep him informed maybe he would not have to call. All delays the shop came up with should not be Jorge's problem and they should have not delayed him and or PROMISED a date for the install. Also SI should have reimburst some of the cost for the delays and the fact that they installed the kit incorrectly. I know Jorge and could not believe this happened to a guy like him....They treated him like **** to say the least...

Last edited by Ed 718; 03-15-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
Then they SI should have given him a later date to begin with so they can have room to play if and when they encounter a delay they can still get done. My guess is when they found out how much Jorge was willing to spend they made up some due date to him as when they could get it done by so they can get the big payday from him.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:20 PM
HotRodGuy

Originally Posted by jason333
I would cause a big stink as well if this happened to my car, and i think it DOES say a lot about a shop. Once time is too frequent for mistakes like that imo.

I would LOVE for you to find a shop w/ a perfect record. I've been around this industry long enough to know they do not exist.

BTW, this doesn't mean I support what has taken place, it's just a fact.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:56 PM
jmcmorante

car came back like a charm. Im Sooooooo Happy with GT Motrosports!!!!!!! The car feels good just like its supposed to run.

I will be addign the following mods and raising the boost next weeks:

-APS 3' Test Pipes
-APS 3' Exhaust
-Fuel Return System
-Fuel Pump
-HKS Knock Sensors
-Boost Controller.

The car right now at 5.5 boost dynoed at 363 rwhp so hopefully i can reach 400 or a bit more with all this mods once I raise the boost. Right now Im running the APS 2.5' pipes.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:05 PM
Ant830

I'm sure you'll hit 400rwhp+ running at 8 or 9 psi. Maybe even a lot more hp...I didn't read if your using emanage or vpro. I hit 406.9 @ 9 psi using the emanage ultimate and a conservative low 11 AFR tune. I take it your going to be selling the aps test pipes...Let me know how the aps test pipes sound with the exhaust...I have the 2.5 TD aps exhaust but still have hf cats. Was thinking about doin the test pipes but didn't want to be hassled even more by cops.....plus the price to put em in + retune probably isn't worth it...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:10 PM
jmcmorante

Originally Posted by Ant830
I'm sure you'll hit 400rwhp+ running at 8 or 9 psi. Maybe even a lot more hp...I didn't read if your using emanage or vpro. I hit 406.9 @ 9 psi using the emanage ultimate and a conservative low 11 AFR tune. I take it your going to be selling the aps test pipes...Let me know how the aps test pipes sound with the exhaust...I have the 2.5 TD aps exhaust but still have hf cats. Was thinking about doin the test pipes but didn't want to be hassled even more by cops.....plus the price to put em in + retune probably isn't worth it...
The 2.5 APS pipes I have right now are with the NISMo exhaust thats why I need a new exhaust since NISMO is not great for F/I . But the pipes have already given a GREAT sound to the car its awesome. Im in love with test pipes now. If you want you can buy this because ill need 3' ones to go to the 3' APS exhaust.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:59 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

simply amazing!

Sharif is the man...so is Sam at GT motorsports.
glad to hear you got the ghetto rigging resolved!

Unfortunately, in this industry, there are only a select few experts that possess excellent technical skills and customer service...mediocrity tends to be easier
Old 03-17-2006, 08:07 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by jmcmorante
The 2.5 APS pipes I have right now are with the NISMo exhaust thats why I need a new exhaust since NISMO is not great for F/I . But the pipes have already given a GREAT sound to the car its awesome. Im in love with test pipes now. If you want you can buy this because ill need 3' ones to go to the 3' APS exhaust.
You mean the APS 3.5" TP's combined with their 3" exhaust..
Old 03-18-2006, 03:29 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by Ant830
If you can get the test pipes. They will net you 40 rwhp over your h/f cats. They will also sound good with your exhaust no rasp.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:10 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by jmcmorante
-APS 3' Test Pipes
-APS 3' Exhaust
Don't get the 3.5" test pipes. From my understanding they only work with APS TT kits. Get the 3" exhaust and have some custome 3" test pipes made. I tried to get 3.5" test pipes made but my muffler shop could only bend up to 3".
Old 03-18-2006, 06:26 AM
n8vz

Talking

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
See above

Sorry to hear about it .... looks like Street Image is going down the crapper lately ... that, or just some unlucky customers here
Hummm...seems like SI is traveling down the path of how most start-up small business go belly-up (not being able to deliver on their product/services).

A wise Navy "Mustang" (Limity Duty Officer who was promoted through the enlisted ranks to became commissioned) once taught me about the importance of impression and reputation:

"....build a thousand bridges and noone praises you....but, F*&K a goat once and everyone calls you a goatF*&KER..." heheheheheh